Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 ... 32   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Oldham v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 27579 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #390 on: Sunday, October 31, 2021, 10:27:30 »

https://twitter.com/tyreecesimpson9/status/1454497341612990469?t=bSPXpHN52nY4UT8HJJdrow&s=19

He tweeted this after the game so there is clearly something in it.
That genuinely surprises me, I don't think I have seen any hate of Simpson expressed anywhere on here or Facebook etc, just a few expressing some doubts about him. Interesting.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #391 on: Sunday, October 31, 2021, 10:29:02 »

I think there's a bit of a conflation of "Simpson is shit" takes (fairly few, demonstrably wrong) with "Perhaps it wasn't wise to build a squad where Simpson is the only pure forward option" ones, which are a lot more common and probably correct.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #392 on: Sunday, October 31, 2021, 10:34:13 »

I like Simpson.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #393 on: Sunday, October 31, 2021, 10:36:17 »

I like Simpson.
I like big butts and I cannot lie, You otha brothas can´t deny
That when a girl walks in wit´ a itty bitty waist an a round thing in yo´ face.
You get SPRUNG.

Sorry went all Troy Archibald-Henville there for a minute.

Hunk

« Reply #394 on: Sunday, October 31, 2021, 10:44:33 »

I’m hopeful it’s just a reaction to something specific he heard from the crowd yesterday rather than an overarching feeling that he’s ‘hated’. He deserves the credit he gets alongside some of the criticisms, but I do think it’s important to remember he’s essentially learning his trade at league level on the job. As long as he’s trying to learn I think he’ll do fine. Worrying about the odd ‘hater’ is just going to draw focus from trying to improve.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #395 on: Sunday, October 31, 2021, 11:06:01 »

I think when you hear things like Simpson is not a football player is he, or should have chosen Rugby from enough people, enough times, it probably does feel like that there is some hate out there - especially if it was indeed from a vocal crowd environment.

He was getting pelters on here for the first hour, not haters pelters, but all the same pelters.  You hear that type of thing more vocally and from a larger cross section (social media) then it must be hard to feel like "ah, they don't hate me, they just doubt me!

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #396 on: Sunday, October 31, 2021, 11:09:09 »

He’s on track to net between 15-20 goals this season. Would be a fantastic first season for him - and us.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #397 on: Sunday, October 31, 2021, 11:12:57 »

I think when you hear things like Simpson is not a football player is he, or should have chosen Rugby from enough people, enough times, it probably does feel like that there is some hate out there - especially if it was indeed from a vocal crowd environment.

He was getting pelters on here for the first hour, not haters pelters, but all the same pelters.  You hear that type of thing more vocally and from a larger cross section (social media) then it must be hard to feel like "ah, they don't hate me, they just doubt me!
Yes some people were doubting some parts of his game, but hate is a very very strong word and I have not seen what I would personally call hate.

Different times now though I guess and any mention of someone questioning a part of someones game is now classed as hate rather than a constructive criticism as it used to be.

Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #398 on: Sunday, October 31, 2021, 11:21:10 »

Based on the reaction in last weeks matchday chat, after Iandolo was rested, if Iandolo had performed to the same level as Simpson did in the first hour yesterday, would he have got the same level of comments?  And Iandolo was brilliant yesterday btw.

I think a lot of it is frustration from our fans because of the situation Simpson has been put in with only signing one striker.  We know, as fans that there is no plan B in regards to Simpson - if he is having an off day, there is nobody on standby to bring on and do the same job.  We know we are one consistent striker away from potentially doing something pretty special, so I think when he does have a poor touch or a poor shot, the reaction is ramped up.

Look at his first goal yesterday, the initial reaction of some was terrible first touch, he got lucky with that but great finish.  Scoring goals is not an exact art, you can't get every touch perfect when you have 4 defenders trying to make it difficult to score, it's the hardest thing to do on a football pitch, which is why good strikers cost so much and get paid the big bucks..  The point is, he might have got a bit lucky, but you make you own luck by being prepared for things to fall in different phases depending on how the defence affects your attack.

I don't think Iandolo would have recieved as much negative feedback if he had had the first hour that Simpson had, so maybe the difference between a loan and permanent is a big factor in the reaction, as mentioned by a poster earlier.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #399 on: Sunday, October 31, 2021, 11:22:49 »

I like big butts and I cannot lie, You otha brothas can´t deny
That when a girl walks in wit´ a itty bitty waist an a round thing in yo´ face.
You get SPRUNG.

Sorry went all Troy Archibald-Henville there for a minute.

Sir Mixalot  Wink
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #400 on: Sunday, October 31, 2021, 11:23:24 »

Yes some people were doubting some parts of his game, but hate is a very very strong word and I have not seen what I would personally call hate.

Different times now though I guess and any mention of someone questioning a part of someones game is now classed as hate rather than a constructive criticism as it used to be.

I didn't say that there was any "hate" on here, but made the point, that if you hear those kind of comments regularly from a wider section of the fanbase, either in a crowd or across social media, it's easy to see why you would think that there is a lot of "hate" out there.  I personally think he is using it as motivation - certainly worked yesterday

4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #401 on: Sunday, October 31, 2021, 11:35:56 »

Doubters, yes. Haters, not really.
I think he's done a superb job since being here. Yes, he can have a bad game but so do most from time to time. Tough job being a striker.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #402 on: Sunday, October 31, 2021, 11:45:28 »

The main striker at any club is the main man, really. Miss a chance or 2 and it’s your fault we didn’t win.

Tbf, he’s going to have to get used to it. The rewards are higher and everything else goes with the territory, I’m afraid.

When he’s earning the big bucks, hopefully he’ll look back at this season and realise it’s what kickstarted his career.
REDBUCK

« Reply #403 on: Sunday, October 31, 2021, 11:48:40 »

Hate it may not be but 'constructive criticism'Huh?

How can anyrhing on Social Media that suggests, 'he's shit', 'not a footballer' 'should have stuck to rugby', 'looks disinterested, can't head a ball, his first touch is dreadful, can't defend, no end product. possibly be constructive.

Bauldry, Iandolo and Simpson all fall into the same group on match days. First in the queue for the odd coment or two when the performance slips a bit.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #404 on: Sunday, October 31, 2021, 11:53:52 »

I think when a 19 year old lad is getting tagged on twitter and instagram saying he is shit, not good enough, should have stuck to Rugby,jump you lazy shit and so much more the lad has a right to think he is probably hated.

My issue with it all is not that people don't rate him etc because he has had a few howlers but it's the unbalanced reactions he seems to get. McKirdy has missed absolute sitters in gamesand his releasing of the ball and 30 yard shots are frustrating but he is a great laugh so can allow that.

I may be wrong but i would imagine he is one of the highest goal-scoring teenagers in the country
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 ... 32   Go Up
Print
Jump to: