Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 32   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Oldham v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 27611 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #375 on: Saturday, October 30, 2021, 21:12:31 »

He reminds me of Emile Heskey

So, give no fucks
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #376 on: Saturday, October 30, 2021, 21:46:21 »

3 points and a great away day. Solid enough performance against a shocking side. Good to also meet the Duke!

Simpson and Mckirdy took their goals very well. KKH, Iandolo, Reed and Williams also very solid.
Great to meet you mate 👍
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #377 on: Saturday, October 30, 2021, 21:48:30 »

He reminds me of Emile Heskey

Agree as well.
Plays very deep and not that impressive in the air but likes to turn and run.
Without doubt work in progress.
Lovely touch at the end of the game with Conroy and Simpson.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #378 on: Saturday, October 30, 2021, 21:54:33 »

Hats off mate to you and the other 600+ with the cost of everything rising. I guess getting tickets for the Newport away game will be the next headache even for you season ticket holders.

So, give no fucks
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #379 on: Saturday, October 30, 2021, 22:06:06 »

Really good  away performance and result yet again.. .. please, please, please just sort out the home form 🙏🤞😉
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #380 on: Saturday, October 30, 2021, 23:02:49 »

Agree as well.
Plays very deep and not that impressive in the air but likes to turn and run.
Without doubt work in progress.
Lovely touch at the end of the game with Conroy and Simpson.
What happened at the end of the game?

Sent from my CLT-L09

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
stfcjack

The Swindon lot don't seem to respect you

Ignore
« Reply #381 on: Saturday, October 30, 2021, 23:45:31 »

Didn’t think we were going to make the game today. Stuck on the M5 in standstill traffic for more than 2 hours, left Swindon around 9 and parked in Oldham at 2:45, real nightmare of a journey. However that didn’t matter after coming away with the 3 points, we looked really good at times but we certainly made it difficult for ourselves midway through the 2nd half, but a good professional performance. Made up for Simpson, should of had his hatrick today, I’m convinced there’s a brilliant player in there.

Echo what other posters have said about the class of some Oldham fans. A chap stopped us on the way back to the car and shook our hands congratulating us on the win and hoped we went up. Fair play to them, feel very sorry for what they’re going through, could so easily have been us, proper club Oldham with a proper traditional ground, hope they sort things out for themselves.

Upward and onwards for the town, sort this home voodoo out and we’re in business. COYR
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #382 on: Sunday, October 31, 2021, 07:02:20 »

Felt really rough from Sunday - Thursday. Just had a giant headache all the time despite having paracetamol and lots of water. I'm 24 and double jabbed so surprised it hit me so bad! Feel like I'm more or less all recovered now though, thank you

Just think how bad it would have been had you not been double jabbed.. Good that you’re on the mend.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #383 on: Sunday, October 31, 2021, 07:58:33 »

Just think how bad it would have been had you not been double jabbed.. Good that you’re on the mend.

Yup! Cheers mate, appreciate it
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #384 on: Sunday, October 31, 2021, 08:24:03 »

Didn’t think we were going to make the game today. Stuck on the M5 in standstill traffic for more than 2 hours, left Swindon around 9 and parked in Oldham at 2:45, real nightmare of a journey. However that didn’t matter after coming away with the 3 points, we looked really good at times but we certainly made it difficult for ourselves midway through the 2nd half, but a good professional performance. Made up for Simpson, should of had his hatrick today, I’m convinced there’s a brilliant player in there.

Echo what other posters have said about the class of some Oldham fans. A chap stopped us on the way back to the car and shook our hands congratulating us on the win and hoped we went up. Fair play to them, feel very sorry for what they’re going through, could so easily have been us, proper club Oldham with a proper traditional ground, hope they sort things out for themselves.

Upward and onwards for the town, sort this home voodoo out and we’re in business. COYR

Heard a few were caught up in that lorry incident.
Glad you made it Mate.
My mate saying the same and at one point was thinking about turning the car back round.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #385 on: Sunday, October 31, 2021, 08:27:33 »

What happened at the end of the game?

Sent from my CLT-L09

Players were applauding the fans at the end and Simpson was taking it all in.
Conroy runs over to Simpson big grin, and applauds and embraced him. Forget that Simpson is still a kid. Definitely togetherness in this squad, you only had to see the subs sprinting up the touchline joining in with the goal celebration.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #386 on: Sunday, October 31, 2021, 08:58:10 »

McKirdy said the same on Twitter. ‘I love this squad!’. Think he’s found his home. Sort of thing that’s a pre-requisite for a successful season.

I’m not having this ‘hate Simpson’ bollocks, though. Nobody hates the lad. He’s raw, young, first ever season and has the makings of a right good player.

More than a few said similar about Adebayo when he was here. Now in the Championship.

Keep Simpson if possible. He’ll be worth big bucks in a couple of years!
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #387 on: Sunday, October 31, 2021, 09:57:10 »

He would be shown immeasurably more patience if we had signed him permanently.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #388 on: Sunday, October 31, 2021, 10:09:34 »

He would be shown immeasurably more patience if we had signed him permanently.
I agree, he obviously has some talent its just getting it out of him regularly.

If he was our player I would be over the moon with him, when you get a player in on loan the fans expect them to be nearer to the final product already.

I have some doubts about him as I have said pretty much every week, but I do think for his age hes shown maturity beyond his years, I do though think he would benefit hugely from some good target man training from someone who has been there and done it, something we don't have currently at the club. Someone who can help him to time his jumps, teach him the basics of heading and holding the ball up.

As others have stated he does remind me of Emile Heskey or a young John Fashanu, huge build, fairly quick and muscular with some talent and often underrated for their work rate.

At times yesterday nothing was working for him but he kept his head down and carried on going and in the end it all went very well.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #389 on: Sunday, October 31, 2021, 10:25:45 »

Haters?  Really?!  Think you'll struggle to find many of those.  A few doubters, sure enough.  But what an answer in the 2nd half.

https://twitter.com/tyreecesimpson9/status/1454497341612990469?t=bSPXpHN52nY4UT8HJJdrow&s=19

He tweeted this after the game so there is clearly something in it.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 32   Go Up
Print
Jump to: