Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Rochdale pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 24545 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #345 on: Sunday, October 17, 2021, 09:11:17 »

Both goals were bad
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #346 on: Sunday, October 17, 2021, 09:56:29 »

I thought Dales second was bad watching it live but seeing it in the highlights it’s even worse. Why did everyone just stop and watch?

There was a lot of it about yesterday:

https://twitter.com/zaiku09/status/1449410487666593805?s=20
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #347 on: Sunday, October 17, 2021, 10:16:27 »

It’s obvious that the home form is unlikely to improve without changing something. I don’t expect Garner to deviate from the style so there appears no logical reason to expect anything different at home. We’ll win the occasional game but our inability to put away some very poor sides is going to affect where we finish.

Apart from Vale the other teams have been poor. God knows what happens when we play the decent sides at home.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #348 on: Sunday, October 17, 2021, 10:17:43 »

We're find out next week as Bradford are always a tough nut to crack!

So, give no fucks
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #349 on: Sunday, October 17, 2021, 10:18:31 »

It’s obvious that the home form is unlikely to improve without changing something. I don’t expect Garner to deviate from the style so there appears no logical reason to expect anything different at home. We’ll win the occasional game but our inability to put away some very poor sides is going to affect where we finish.

Apart from Vale the other teams have been poor. God knows what happens when we play the decent sides at home.

I actually think playing the decent sides will help us, at various points yesterday Rochdale had all 10 men behind the ball. The chances are the better sides wouldn’t be as defensive therefore easier to break down.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #350 on: Sunday, October 17, 2021, 10:25:11 »

Looks like Simpson is this years scapegoat then. He was poor yesterday for sure but he was better than anything we have seen from Harry Parsons still. He is a 19 year old lad learning his trade, we have been moaning all season that we play shitty tippy tappy football and now we are moaning that all of a sudden he can't jump.

Harry McKirdy missed an absolute sitter yesterday and had about 5 shots from distance that were poor, Read and Payne both cleared the town end from goalscoring opportunities but fans want to moan about a 19 year being bullied by defenders far more experienced than him.

Yesterday much more experienced players were to blame, Conroy Illandalo McKirdy and Payne and Simpson were really poor for me and much more responsible for the draw than Simpson was

There is a reason over the last few years our players prefer playing away and think it's time the fans starting looking at ourselves in this, so fucking negative
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #351 on: Sunday, October 17, 2021, 10:26:11 »

Good post Clap

So, give no fucks

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #352 on: Sunday, October 17, 2021, 10:32:26 »

Looks like Simpson is this years scapegoat then. He was poor yesterday for sure but he was better than anything we have seen from Harry Parsons still. He is a 19 year old lad learning his trade, we have been moaning all season that we play shitty tippy tappy football and now we are moaning that all of a sudden he can't jump.

Harry McKirdy missed an absolute sitter yesterday and had about 5 shots from distance that were poor, Read and Payne both cleared the town end from goalscoring opportunities but fans want to moan about a 19 year being bullied by defenders far more experienced than him.

Yesterday much more experienced players were to blame, Conroy Illandalo McKirdy and Payne and Simpson were really poor for me and much more responsible for the draw than Simpson was

There is a reason over the last few years our players prefer playing away and think it's time the fans starting looking at ourselves in this, so fucking negative
Can’t see how a couple of posters moaning on here could affect anyone's Performance on the pitch. If people are getting on his back from the stands, fair enough. But they aren’t.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #353 on: Sunday, October 17, 2021, 10:35:15 »

Can’t see how a couple of posters moaning on here could affect anyone's Performance on the pitch. If people are getting on his back from the stands, fair enough. But they aren’t.
Well yes that's what i mean, the atmosphere is just shit. I was one of those who thought we need the players to get the fans going but the first half yesterday was good and still all i heard was people moaning around me when we passed sideways
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #354 on: Sunday, October 17, 2021, 11:10:40 »

Well yes that's what i mean, the atmosphere is just shit. I was one of those who thought we need the players to get the fans going but the first half yesterday was good and still all i heard was people moaning around me when we passed sideways
The atmosphere is shit because we’ve been poor at home all season, even first half yesterday was more erratic than ‘good’. The style we play just doesn’t get the crowd involved at home as we don’t build a head of steam or sustained periods of pressure on the oppositions goal. It was noticeable when we went for it at the end of the second half the atmosphere really picked up, it’s another reason to tweak things at home.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #355 on: Sunday, October 17, 2021, 11:14:47 »

We created loads of chances yesterday 1st half and were much better than every other home game i thought. I made a point yesterday at looking at the score board and after 4 minutes the guy next to me was moaning it was too slow and that in the premier league its quicker
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #356 on: Sunday, October 17, 2021, 11:17:58 »

We created loads of chances yesterday 1st half and were much better than every other home game i thought. I made a point yesterday at looking at the score board and after 4 minutes the guy next to me was moaning it was too slow and that in the premier league its quicker

The chap behind me moans about most players every week, I can’t stand him and I have to bite my lip.

Yesterday he wanted to sub Gladwin after ten minutes, then wanted to sub Hunt and Payne, then Conroy and finally it was Odimayo.
He’d have used 5 subs if he had his way.

Then he was saying this is why Conroy doesn’t usually play? This is a season ticket holder. We do have some characters as fans.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #357 on: Sunday, October 17, 2021, 11:24:42 »

The atmosphere is shit because we’ve been poor at home all season, even first half yesterday was more erratic than ‘good’. The style we play just doesn’t get the crowd involved at home as we don’t build a head of steam or sustained periods of pressure on the oppositions goal. It was noticeable when we went for it at the end of the second half the atmosphere really picked up, it’s another reason to tweak things at home.
And, of course, when we got desperate towards the end the goal came about from a hopeful cross into the box where we had loads of players lurking - and none of them needed to be giants! Intricate passing as our primary Plan A was put firmly in its place!

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #358 on: Sunday, October 17, 2021, 11:24:47 »

Quote from: Shrivvy Road
Looks like Simpson is this years scapegoat then. He was poor yesterday

not at all.

just pointing out he was poor yesterday and isn't a target man for a keeper to go long to.

if that makes him a scapegoat then .. well it doesn't.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #359 on: Sunday, October 17, 2021, 11:25:04 »

Sounds like he needs to go to specsavers

So, give no fucks
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27   Go Up
Print
Jump to: