Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 47   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Daffodil Eaters (FGR) v Swindon Town pre match, match, post match thread  (Read 46919 times)
Formerly Drummer Boy

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: Friday, October 8, 2021, 14:15:29 »

The online tickets being removed from the website could be a positive sign.
Thus hopefully we have. Would be rather embarrassing if we didn’t.

I’ve spent the last couple of hours trying to get hold of someone at the club to try and sort my ticket out (purchased and sent in the post but has not arrived..). Aside from the fucking annoying hold music, the bloke at FGR said that we had sold all our tickets so suspect we’ll be close to sell out if it hasn’t.

Has anyone else been trying to get hold of the club? I’ve surpassed an hour on hold waiting. Been thinking for the last 30 minutes that no one is there but so committed I don’t want to hang up until someone picks up…

I used to be that kid with the drum in the Nationwide and Town End - Be nice to me or I'll tell my Mum Smiley
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Friday, October 8, 2021, 14:42:28 »

I’ve spent the last couple of hours trying to get hold of someone at the club to try and sort my ticket out (purchased and sent in the post but has not arrived..). Aside from the fucking annoying hold music, the bloke at FGR said that we had sold all our tickets so suspect we’ll be close to sell out if it hasn’t.

Has anyone else been trying to get hold of the club? I’ve surpassed an hour on hold waiting. Been thinking for the last 30 minutes that no one is there but so committed I don’t want to hang up until someone picks up…
Try queries@swindontownfc.co.uk as that seems the only way I ever get a response in any kind of reasonable timeframe, the rest remains a bit of a shambles.
kirky69

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Friday, October 8, 2021, 16:09:52 »

[/quote

Have you got it sorted? I had a similar issue, having ordered the tickets 8 days ago. Eventually got through on the phone after long hold and they said the tickets were still at the club, hadn't been sent out and would be delivered to FGR via the team coach. So collect at the ground.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #243 on: Friday, October 8, 2021, 17:11:26 »

So I think our line up will probably be....

Ward
        Odimayo    Conroy      Critchlow
Hunt                   Reed                           landolo
Gladwin             Mckirdy                          Payne
                          Simpson

Subs:
Aguiar
Dabre
JML
Parsons
Lyden
East
Youth Keeper

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Friday, October 8, 2021, 18:07:20 »

If they haven’t posted don’t worry they send all tickets on the coach and can pick up at the FGR ticket office.
Take your receipt of purchase just in case, reckon you will be sorted 👍
Formerly Drummer Boy

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Friday, October 8, 2021, 21:30:09 »

I managed to find a telephone number to call Reception at the club. Got promised a call back before the end of the day and at 4:55pm, gave up waiting and called back again. After a lengthy wait, got confirmed my ticket was sent by post and now deemed to be lost in the post, taken down my name and will on a list somewhere at FGR tomorrow. Apparently if I ask a steward, they will point me in the right direction. When I asked where should I be asking the steward to direct me to, she didn’t know and it was only when I suggested the ticket office FGR, that’s where she said ‘Yeah, go to the ticket office’..

I’m all for better communication from the top but fuck me sideways, the organisation beneath the PR smokescreen seems to be in disarray. I should be able to get in and they keep the quid for postage but have a feeling it’s going to be a fucking nightmare tomorrow getting in.

Let’s hope the stewards aren’t as much of a bag of tools as the Stevenage lot!

I used to be that kid with the drum in the Nationwide and Town End - Be nice to me or I'll tell my Mum Smiley
Godd002

Go Big Red

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Saturday, October 9, 2021, 01:57:13 »

While you all where sleeping I checked my mail and finally my flag and shirt arrived.  Only took a month 

* 7068FB4E-3BB2-4418-AC2E-F93D531163C7.jpeg (100.15 KB, 480x640 - viewed 89 times.)
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Saturday, October 9, 2021, 04:31:16 »

Just about to set off for Portsmouth & Southsea station.
Will be sitting this one out and shouting at the TV today.
Conquering the north face of Nympsfield Road remains on the bucket list.

It's pleasing that our new friend from Kansas has chosen not to follow the yellow brick road, opting instead for the much more difficult red paved one.
It's a rocky path and many have fallen by the wayside over the years.

Anyway, the unruly munchkins need to behave themselves today, as the Wizard of Oz will be watching, that's for sure.
Some Prutton abuse is perfectly acceptable of course, assuming that he will be there & not in the studio.

Should still have a decent starting 11 with some good quality, so by no means a walkover for the league leaders.
Would expect McKirdy to play like a greyhound that has discovered where the rabbits are kept.
Also have a feeling that Gladwin will show his class today, so no pressure Ben.

Hopefully the unbeaten away record will remain intact.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: Saturday, October 9, 2021, 06:59:32 »

I managed to find a telephone number to call Reception at the club. Got promised a call back before the end of the day and at 4:55pm, gave up waiting and called back again. After a lengthy wait, got confirmed my ticket was sent by post and now deemed to be lost in the post, taken down my name and will on a list somewhere at FGR tomorrow. Apparently if I ask a steward, they will point me in the right direction. When I asked where should I be asking the steward to direct me to, she didn’t know and it was only when I suggested the ticket office FGR, that’s where she said ‘Yeah, go to the ticket office’..

I’m all for better communication from the top but fuck me sideways, the organisation beneath the PR smokescreen seems to be in disarray. I should be able to get in and they keep the quid for postage but have a feeling it’s going to be a fucking nightmare tomorrow getting in.

Let’s hope the stewards aren’t as much of a bag of tools as the Stevenage lot!

The best people to make contact with when you get to FGR are either Sally or Mark, who run the Travel Club. They will be on Coach No 1.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Saturday, October 9, 2021, 08:28:37 »

I’m all for better communication from the top but fuck me sideways, the organisation beneath the PR smokescreen seems to be in disarray.
This is my experience to date and with all the changes and staff turnover it is understandable to an extent. They are very reliant on supporters goodwill at the moment but that won’t last forever so customer service really does need to rapidly improve to a level you’d expect from a normal business.  For example when the weather deteriorates people aren’t going to tolerate the queues to get in the CG for home games due to the QR code fiasco so that needs to be sorted as a matter of urgency.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: Saturday, October 9, 2021, 08:31:34 »

So I think our line up will probably be....

Ward
        Odimayo    Conroy      Critchlow
Hunt                   Reed                           landolo
Gladwin             Mckirdy                          Payne
                          Simpson

Subs:
Aguiar
Dabre
JML
Parsons
Lyden
East
Youth Keeper

I should imagine there will be a place in the squad for Baudry unless he is injured again!!

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #251 on: Saturday, October 9, 2021, 09:04:23 »

I should imagine there will be a place in the squad for Baudry unless he is injured again!!
You are probably right, in for Dabre or Aguiar or for the perennially injured Lyden most likely.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: Saturday, October 9, 2021, 09:26:49 »

Any links or suggestions to free coverage online ?
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: Saturday, October 9, 2021, 09:30:34 »

Just chatting to a friend in NZ. Is it being shown there?
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: Saturday, October 9, 2021, 09:38:49 »

Any links or suggestions to free coverage online ?
A £10 Now TV pass will do it.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 47   Go Up
Print
Jump to: