Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 ... 36   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bristol Rovers v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread.  (Read 40409 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #435 on: Saturday, October 2, 2021, 16:31:11 »

Quote from: Shrivvy Road
The 4 subs were de to the Rovers 3rd being a concussion sub, i noticed he went straight off and was treated on the pitch and allowed to be replaced straight away

he looked very wobbly coming off.

and he was 7ft 6
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #436 on: Saturday, October 2, 2021, 16:32:38 »

The adver have confirmed they called the EFL and they confirmed we were not allowed to call it off
That fountain of knowledge at the Adver?! It just can’t be true, so say all our starting XI we’re away we wouldn’t be able to call it off. Struggle to believe that.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #437 on: Saturday, October 2, 2021, 16:34:13 »

If u all want to trace 4700 miles u can come watch in my garage with me and have ribs and steaks.  
Now if my Huskers can win today I will have a great weekend.  
Cheers guys. Thanks for the info and friendly chat for the foreigner  Beers

Enjoy my friend, enjoy. Remember if the ‘Huskers’ lose today, they fight another day next week.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #438 on: Saturday, October 2, 2021, 16:36:04 »

McKirdy is pure cult hero material, isn't he?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #439 on: Saturday, October 2, 2021, 16:39:04 »

Hes different, hes a showman, hes like an eager schoolboy always chasing the ball and doing little tricks to get past his opponent.

When it works he looks great, when it doesn't he looks frustrated, its a fine line.

Today it was brilliance.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #440 on: Saturday, October 2, 2021, 16:39:11 »

Gladders:
- Delighted with the result and performance
- Lapse in concentration for the goal but limited them to little else
- System we play dominates the ball
- No echoes of Luke Williams. Management have different ideas
- Longer season goes on the stronger we get
- Took penalty because Payne was not on pitch
- If you put them hard and low it doesnt matter what the keeper does
- Not been happy with form. Havent played for 6 months.
- Felt better in last couple of weeks
- Known what is expected of him.
- Game hasnt changed too much since he was here before. Just knowing right times to drift past people
- Club point of view. Main aim to consolidate
- Squad confident what they can do on the pitch
- Chemistry between team is that people get on and work hard in training
- Put in good performances. Its just about hitting the back of the net

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #441 on: Saturday, October 2, 2021, 16:39:55 »

That fountain of knowledge at the Adver?! It just can’t be true, so say all our starting XI we’re away we wouldn’t be able to call it off. Struggle to believe that.
Jesus mate you will just argue and argue won't you. How about just taking their word for it. Why would they bother lying

Just won 3-1 and because you can't moan about that you accuse the manager of lying
Hunk

« Reply #442 on: Saturday, October 2, 2021, 16:40:52 »

kansas city

Gotcha. My kids live in Clarksville Tennessee, I know RT lives in Atlanta. Assuming both of those are mad far away from either Clarksville or Atlanta? Anyway, hope you enjoyed your first Town experience
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #443 on: Saturday, October 2, 2021, 16:41:02 »

Like a lower league Jack Grealish.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #444 on: Saturday, October 2, 2021, 16:44:04 »

Jesus mate you will just argue and argue won't you. How about just taking their word for it. Why would they bother lying

Just won 3-1 and because you can't moan about that you accuse the manager of lying
No I just fail to believe you can be forced to play a game if a high number of players are away on international duty, it’s the whole reason there are no PL or championship games. If we are being forced we should be challenging sky and the EFL for double standards.
Godd002

Go Big Red

Ignore
« Reply #445 on: Saturday, October 2, 2021, 16:50:48 »

Gotcha. My kids live in Clarksville Tennessee, I know RT lives in Atlanta. Assuming both of those are mad far away from either Clarksville or Atlanta? Anyway, hope you enjoyed your first Town experience

clarksville would be around 10-12 hour drive i would guess
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #446 on: Saturday, October 2, 2021, 16:52:33 »

clarksville would be around 10-12 hour drive i would guess
Surely its better to get the last train there?  Grin

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Formerly Drummer Boy

Ignore
« Reply #447 on: Saturday, October 2, 2021, 16:54:33 »

Just got home from the game, watched from behind enemy lines, sat just behind the Rovers dugout, and struggled to keep my mouth shut at times but I lived to tell the tale.

In the first half, I felt like we largely dominated. Rovers scored against the run of play but we were undeterred in how they wanted t play football and stuck to our guns. We focused our attack down the left where they didn't have a natural defender and just kept picking at them.

Simpson is a decent player but we play balls into him completely against his style of play. He's not quick enough to run onto a ball over the top but we continue to feed those balls into him. One of the first comments from the Rovers fans I remember is something like 'we just to be good at passing the ball around at the back too' but this possession play was the underpinning of our success today. The patient build-up, pulling Rovers apart piece by piece. Unlucky to go into halftime 1-0 down IMO with all the opportunities we created. Rovers fans around me were shouting at Barton to change it up for the 2nd half. They had no confidence being 1-0 up that it would hold.

2nd half, we came out and carried on playing our style. Slowly pinning Rovers defence back deep in their own half. I can confirm Rovers fans have the same opinions on Pitman as he did with us, with one gentleman suggesting that he shared the same medical diagnoses of piles judging by how he waddles around the pitch... Why someone felt the need to shout that out on the terrace, god knows but they are a strange bunch...

Joey Barton spent largely the first half banging his head on the dugout in frustration, screaming at everyone. In comparison, 2nd half he was very, speechless on the sidelines barely moving. After all the shit he spouted in the pre-match media this week, he looks pretty stupid now!

The ref had an up and down game. Defensively, we had our hands all over Pitman and looked like we were trying to tweak his nipples from behind in honesty, but we got away with it. One thing that made me laugh, Pitman fell over in front of the Gas dugout wanting a freekick and then proceeded to pick the ball up thinking the ref had to give it to him. Only for the ref to blow for a free kick to Swindon. Pitman threw the ball into the dugout only for Swindon to take a throw-in..?

We kept pushing hard and got the deserved equaliser, penalty and icing on the cake. Super happy for McKirdy as when he was coming on, the abuse he got from the Rovers fans for his ponytail, he simply turned around and smiled like an assassin to the home fans.

Buzzing to have seen us win from behind enemy lines. Very strange experience but well worth it!! The highlight of the day towards the end of the game, Swindon fans oleing the successful passes for one Rovers fan to scream 'WE'RE GETTING FUCKING OLE'D, AT HOME, TO FUCKING SWINDON!!!! JOEY BARTON, YOU FUCKING C*NT, CAN YOU HEAR THEM TAKING THE COMPLETE PISS OUT OF US!?!?' The perfect cherry on top for a glorious derby day win!
« Last Edit: Saturday, October 2, 2021, 17:16:10 by Formerly Drummer Boy » Logged

I used to be that kid with the drum in the Nationwide and Town End - Be nice to me or I'll tell my Mum Smiley
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #448 on: Saturday, October 2, 2021, 17:23:26 »

I would hate to be your missus, Theakston. I bet you’re a hard man to please when your dinner gets put on the table  Cheesy

We’ve just thumped our local rivals away from home, cheer up fella. It’s entirely plausible that with the current situation at the club, the opportunity of an additional and unexpected £10,000 is worth risking against some international call ups when we are well placed in the league.

Superb today, what else if there to say - we can only enjoy these moments given the recent dross we’ve been served up  Beers
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #449 on: Saturday, October 2, 2021, 17:41:22 »

Did he say anything about Grant?
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 ... 36   Go Up
Print
Jump to: