Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 28   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Mansfield pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 37268 times)
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Friday, August 27, 2021, 12:42:32 »

Not bad looking at the seating plan.
Should definitely exceed 8,000. If 9,000 is exceeded that would be magical considering the holiday period.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Friday, August 27, 2021, 14:21:38 »

No on the day sales for Mansfield which seems an odd one!

1-1 draw in front of 8600 is my guess…
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Friday, August 27, 2021, 14:32:35 »

Going to play mini golf with the better half instead of this, my reward? A day pass next Saturday to go to Stevenage...

1-0. Grant.

They've got muslamic rayguns, muslamic rayguns..
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Friday, August 27, 2021, 14:42:10 »

Going to play mini golf with the better half instead of this, my reward? A day pass next Saturday to go to Stevenage...

1-0. Grant.

* 7CCB279D-72E6-44CF-B30A-2FE53903E2D7.jpeg (245.55 KB, 798x604 - viewed 81 times.)
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Friday, August 27, 2021, 15:00:20 »

My first game of the season so we'll probably lose.

I think the club are safe keeping hold of the signed shirts for now, but we should see 8.5-9k there.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
skiptotheLouMacari

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Friday, August 27, 2021, 15:00:54 »

Got tickets for tomorrow but the old man has decided to spend longer than anticipated in West Suffolk hospital. Have the slightest window of opportunity to be away first thing in the morning if he responds to the treatment.
Only managed to get tickets in the Don Rogers, the last game I attended in their was Forest Green at home last game prior to Covid which didn't end well. So perhaps if I miss the game we may win. If I can't attend and it does get busy and somebody wants/needs 4 tickets adult and 3 kids ill pass on the QR code.
Fingers crossed first home win and the start of something special.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Friday, August 27, 2021, 15:02:07 »

Got tickets for tomorrow but the old man has decided to spend longer than anticipated in West Suffolk hospital. Have the slightest window of opportunity to be away first thing in the morning if he responds to the treatment.
Only managed to get tickets in the Don Rogers, the last game I attended in their was Forest Green at home last game prior to Covid which didn't end well. So perhaps if I miss the game we may win. If I can't attend and it does get busy and somebody wants/needs 4 tickets adult and 3 kids ill pass on the QR code.
Fingers crossed first home win and the start of something special.

Hope your dad is ok squire.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Friday, August 27, 2021, 15:02:47 »

We had a little girl 4 weeks ago, I've done Carlisle & Tranmere... thought I'd give her a weekend off.  

Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Friday, August 27, 2021, 15:04:06 »

We had a little girl 4 weeks ago, I've done Carlisle & Tranmere... thought I'd give her a weekend off.  

I'm aware Tranmere was midweek.  Soapy Tit Wank

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Friday, August 27, 2021, 15:12:56 »

Tough game tomorrow against a side who are expected to be up there in Lg2 this year. Decent crowd which will hopefully spur the team onto 3 points.

I personally think we'll get 1.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Friday, August 27, 2021, 18:47:18 »

So I was buying a ticket today and the website crashed on me.  So I went back in to try again and bought a ticket.  Then the other one also went through despite it saying it hadn't.  Annoying.

Anyway the upshot is if anyone fancy a free ticket pm me and i'll send it over.  Its in the John Trollope stand.

Never knowingly overstated.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Friday, August 27, 2021, 18:53:43 »

Nice gesture  Clap

So, give no fucks
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Friday, August 27, 2021, 20:11:20 »

This will be a tough game.

From the looks of it, they've started the season playing a 442 diamond. I suspect they'll try and congest the middle and make it hard for us to play. You'd imagine a lot of their width will come from their fullbacks. As a result, will probably be quite a few good counter attacking opportunities tomorrow, let's hope we have the pace to do so. Their central defenders aren't the quickest either.

Up top they have 6'6 Ollie Hawkins. Very good at this level and has notched 3 already this season. Will be a big test for Conroy and Crichlow. Hawkins would be wise to attach himself to Conroy as there's only one winner if that becomes an aerial battle. Key will be to stop the supply into him. 
Miles Mayhem

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Saturday, August 28, 2021, 09:52:20 »

Just ordered my tickets. The only stand with quite a few spaces left is the Townend. It’s going to be another big crowd.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #74 on: Saturday, August 28, 2021, 09:59:55 »

Critchlow is way better than Conroy in the air I am sure he will be the man to mark Hawkins.

Mansfield play to his strengths and TBF he wins a lot of them, I have watched extended highlights of all their games so far this season and they like to play long balls to him often and play the ball wide to their pacey wingbacks and get crosses in the box.

Their new keeper young Nathan Bishop at times looks like hes tigger, bouncing around and not claiming catches of making saves often looks way out of position when beaten, hes been beaten 9 times in his 1st 5 games.

Their centre backs pairing of the lanky Rawson and the 35 year old Perch look pretty slow off the mark and several teams have exploited their lack of pace through the middle of the park especially on the counter, something McKirdy does well.

Their defence doesn't fill their fans with confidence but with their attack they are always likely to grab a goal if we aren't on top form.

Will be a very close game.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 28   Go Up
Print
Jump to: