Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Salford v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 34002 times)
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #345 on: Tuesday, August 24, 2021, 12:31:45 »

Catching up...

FWIW, do the class of ‘92 owners still go to games and spend as much time at the club as the recent documentary suggested?

Now they have become just another northern team to occupy the lower leagues, the love fest over the ‘92 boys does seem to have wilted somewhat since the harsh reality of rising through the leagues each season has ground to a rather sharp holt and smacked them on the arse.

Someone could say perhaps the class of '92 boys invested in the club as a wheeze to write off some money somewhere so they could get a lower personal tax bill at the end of the year, just like a lot of owners do (our own included no doubt). Not a dig at Salford in particular, but something to bear in mind when you're thinking about the future of your club as a glorified tax write off for some real estate people who used to kick a ball about together.  Wink

I'm always suspicious of teams spending beyond their limits, whether that be FL sides, conference, Prem, whatever. It doesn't take much for that to come bite you in the arse when your average attendance can't pay the bills. Still, I'd rather anyone support a lower league team than some hollow Premiership farce of a football club, so well done to the 20 people and the dog who support Salford week in week out. (that was a dig at Salford for the Salford lot coming here to find things to be salty about)

I've never seen a manager push over an opposing player before, so that was a new thing to add to the football memory banks, and having an iffy performance where we take home 3 points is a nice change.

Having seen the extended highlights I think it's fair to say Salford had the best of the game (which I don't think anyone really argued against at any point?), but all successful promotion sides are seperated from those that don't succeed by getting 3 points in games they really shouldn't win, which bodes well for the rest of the season - I am not stating we will be promoted, MUCH too early to get excited about the possibility of that. Wait till Christmas before we can make any judgements about that.

'Weak refereeing' allowing our shithousery helped them, as otherwise surely Bowyer would be sat sulking in the stands at the next game on a Red instead of a yellow?

Nice to see him magnaminous in defeat.  Roll Eyes
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #346 on: Wednesday, August 25, 2021, 12:07:30 »

Both clubs now charged with failing to ensure staff/players conduct themselves in an orderly fashion.

https://twitter.com/FAspokesperson/status/1430500221088407552?s=20

I get that there was a bit of a melee but I wouldn't even describe it as handbags really. Seems like a mountain out of a molehill to me. Yellow cards were shown, just move on.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #347 on: Wednesday, August 25, 2021, 12:18:56 »

It was nothing.
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #348 on: Wednesday, August 25, 2021, 13:47:15 »

Both clubs now charged with failing to ensure staff/players conduct themselves in an orderly fashion.

https://twitter.com/FAspokesperson/status/1430500221088407552?s=20

I get that there was a bit of a melee but I wouldn't even describe it as handbags really. Seems like a mountain out of a molehill to me. Yellow cards were shown, just move on.

Would have thought it was aimed at the staff rather than players.  Bowyer's push and Garners response, both should have been far more controlled.

Players just gathered together into a small crowd
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #349 on: Wednesday, August 25, 2021, 13:54:48 »

Got to say, when I saw the headline about the club being charged I thought it would be about the flares.

* 5CD2BAA8-91FB-4C21-922A-13056D8230C7.jpeg (55.06 KB, 1020x696 - viewed 120 times.)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #350 on: Wednesday, August 25, 2021, 13:59:10 »

I know I am biased, but not really sure what we have been charged for?

Bowyer and their player both physically contacted with Williams (Bowyer being outside his tech area when he did), Garner marched over and remonstrated a bit, but never laid a finger on Bowyer (who was playing bobby big bollocks in return), loads of players got involved but as far as I can see no hands were raised....
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #351 on: Wednesday, August 25, 2021, 14:00:20 »

Its all a nonsense really. The ref got it under control PDQ, and dished out punishment.

But it is what it is
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #352 on: Wednesday, August 25, 2021, 14:03:15 »

Got to say, when I saw the headline about the club being charged I thought it would be about the flares.

That fellas crayon design MU coat 
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #353 on: Thursday, August 26, 2021, 12:02:46 »

I still don't get how one manager shoving a player over and the other manager coming into the area to give him a talking to along the lines of "Don't push my lads over old chap" is the same offence and gets the same reaction from Ref and FA.

I don't think you need to be partisan to accept that physically shoving a player and exchanging words are not the same thing.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #354 on: Thursday, August 26, 2021, 12:13:39 »

Also having just read the club responose it lists FA Rule E20.1, which is;

FA Rule E20.1 provides that a Club shall be responsible for ensuring, amongst other things, that its
supporters refrain from improper conduct. This includes refraining from any improper conduct which
includes a reference, whether express or implied to any one or more of the following: ethnic origin,
colour, race, nationality, religion or belief, gender, gender reassignment, sexual orientation or disability.

Which implies the charge is for discrimination, not for shoving a player over or the touchline argy-bargy?

Perhaps Bowyer called Williams a sheep-bothering taffy leek smuggler?
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #355 on: Friday, August 27, 2021, 01:01:54 »

Town fans at 4.55  Cheesy

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #356 on: Thursday, September 2, 2021, 12:57:40 »

https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2021/september/club-statement-swindon-town-fined/

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #357 on: Thursday, September 2, 2021, 12:59:22 »

Wanker Bowyer starts it yet they get fined just £250 more than us for what is almost a physical assault on Williams.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #358 on: Thursday, September 2, 2021, 13:15:01 »

Wanker Bowyer starts it yet they get fined just £250 more than us for what is almost a physical assault on Williams.

Its bollocks, but hey ho. Cannot see Bowyer lasting there too long.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #359 on: Thursday, September 2, 2021, 13:16:49 »

It was basically handbags between the 2 sides, regardless of who started it. Surely a slap on the wrist and a warning would have been sufficient - unless both clubs have been guilty of this sort of behaviour before?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27   Go Up
Print
Jump to: