Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Tranmere pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 22091 times)
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Tuesday, August 17, 2021, 19:22:11 »

Cheesy. nowhere near as creative

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Tuesday, August 17, 2021, 19:24:57 »

0-0 HT

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Flashheart

« Reply #92 on: Tuesday, August 17, 2021, 19:25:18 »

Probably unlucky not to be ahead. Tranmere haven't done much asides from a couple of chances.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Tuesday, August 17, 2021, 19:26:11 »

Decent half i thought
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Tuesday, August 17, 2021, 19:26:54 »

Much more purposeful than Saturday...
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Tuesday, August 17, 2021, 19:27:34 »

Enjoyable half of football that. Swindon play it round nicely on the deck but lack that killer pass. Hunt and Payne having a lot of joy on the left.

Saying that Tranmere haven’t really pressured Swindon but should be able 2-0 up due to comical Swindon errors. In league 1 those chances would have been punished.

First goal crucial.
Moss

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Tuesday, August 17, 2021, 19:28:42 »

Payne looking good,  Odimayo also looks good at full back. Keep him there with the Villa lad further forward might be a good option for Saturday if you're reading Ben?
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Tuesday, August 17, 2021, 19:29:19 »

Why was there a clamour to sign McKirdy? Get Williams on - now!
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Tuesday, August 17, 2021, 19:30:15 »

Decent half. If this is Town still in pre-season mode then there's plenty to come. Parsons looking good enough for L2 already but definitely still need that experienced former Republic of Ireland International to help out (no not Sheridan) Smiley

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Crackity Jones

« Reply #99 on: Tuesday, August 17, 2021, 19:30:29 »

Enjoyable first half with some nice play from both sides. We are just missing that final third piece. Reed has been closer to Payne than on Saturday and has looked better for it. Hunt has also got himself further up the pitch. I like the look of Parsons as well.  We just need to find that final ball.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Tuesday, August 17, 2021, 19:31:18 »

Really enjoyable half that. The football wouldn’t have looked out of place in the Championship. We’ve dominated possession but they’ve troubled us on their occasional breaks. Odimayo started well, Parsons looked good running at the defence, Payne creating loads, Grant making some great blocks and Wollacott coming out sharply all caught the eye. Still feel we’d get more on the left from Iandolo than Hunt.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Tuesday, August 17, 2021, 19:31:55 »

Better team but frustrating at times.

The needs improvement:

Reed - he's not really adding much other than the occasional good set piece
McKirdy - appears to have no idea how to play wide right, he's going to be proper exciting or rank from one game to the next
Hunt - not a bad performance as such, just would love someone who can cross a ball playing there
Parsons - looks like a youth player at times, some really promising signs of talent but he's too eager and losing the ball a fair bit.

The good:

Payne - much better positionally today, which is probably because he drifts left anyway, but he has left  our defenders alone and created better shape as a result
Grant - total control, all the more impressive because he's the only one providing presence in the middle
Odimayo - for 20 minutes or so he looked more than capable of filling the right back gap - him and KKH together could be fun

Overall we look a few players short of being quite a good team, which is amazing considering where we were only 3 weeks or so ago.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #102 on: Tuesday, August 17, 2021, 19:31:58 »

Luckily the Tranny number 10 is a slow donkey, he should have buried that one chance.

A couple of things, Grant and Reed both started slow and never got into the game until 20 mins in but since then both have been excellent.

Parsons is not quite ready for a starting slot IMO his touch is good but he often chooses the wrong option.

Simson has 4/5 of the qualities to be a decent striker, i think if he grabs a goal it will give him the confidence he needs.

McKirdy frustrates me 9 times out of every 10 times he touches the ball, but that 1 time in every 10 he looks almost a world beater.

When we are in good attacking positions we are slow to get bodies into dangerous positions for the cross and havent really looked like we will trouble them as we are trying to walk the ball in, we need to take some risks in thier box.

Over all though fairly decent.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Tuesday, August 17, 2021, 19:37:02 »

Would much rather see Iandolo at LB... nothing against Hunt...
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Tuesday, August 17, 2021, 19:38:34 »

Much, much better. Just need a bit of the rub of the green. Worse performance so far is the ref and Arkells lino.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: