Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Zavier Austin  (Read 21380 times)
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Monday, August 16, 2021, 19:56:00 »

Is fans concentrating only on the football and turning a blind eye to everything off the pitch not part of the reason we ended up in a mess in the first place?
I’d say the sooner things like this are out in the open, the better for the club.

We have had to much shit to “just concentrate on the football” when our possible new vice chairman could be a convicted money launderer.

I get that but becoming the next Bury would have been likely.
The EFL will be aware and we can only hope that this and other issues are looked upon as the past and the future is what gets measured against.

As we know Lee Power was passed as a fit and proper owner. Equally two wrongs don’t make a right.

TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Monday, August 16, 2021, 20:00:55 »

indeed.

zaver Austin also used to own this dissolved company

https://www.companywall.rs/firma/novi-sports-management-doo-beograd-novi-beograd/MMoV5uVY

that's not good, bad or indifferent really. just an observation.
--------

I've no reason or desire to want to piss our new owner off.

but the transparent card was played. let's see how it goes.

Banbury is right though, the choices were this or bust.. And let's be honest, the ownership in 3 weeks has been great

Best way mate and on the field we can all but dream again.
Off the field we are soon to enter another significant battle and lots more could get dragged up.
Get through September hoping everyone is given another chance and we can all move on.

wisemensay1879

« Reply #47 on: Monday, August 16, 2021, 20:04:58 »

I totally agree that getting rid of Power was essential. But if we have come out of the frying pan and into the fire then it won't be quite the dream that we have been sold.

I certainly get the impression from the Trust statement and what was said on the Monday Night Panel that this has come to them as a surprise, but I could be wrong. If it has, that in and of itself should be a red flag. Austin was in the court documents (https://www.casemine.com/judgement/uk/5ec564d92c94e079ae125608) and has clearly been involved for some time. The Trust have given the impression that they have carried out exhaustive checks during the takeover, but if they have missed this, and bear in mind Austin is due to be Morfuni's man in the UK if the press release is to be believed, then what else have they missed?

Something I found strange was how Able were always referred to as 'The Mysterious Able', but what was so mysterious about them, other than they clearly didn't want to engage with the Trust? William Keravuori is a real person, and related to the owners of the Boston Celtics. Do we think Power just made it up? They seemingly bothered to create a vehicle (AC Sports Wiltshire LLC) for the takeover. What if Power's last act, in lining his own pockets, would have been to deliver us into the hands of reputable mega-rich owners?

The Trust have appointed themselves as arbiters on all this, and I fully commend them and appreciate the mass of work that they must have done. But if they have missed something and sold us a dud it would be hard to come back from.

To be clear, I hate this negativity, but as someone else said, the 'he saved the club' approach to Power by so many for so long was what helped to drive us onto the rocks.
Crackity Jones

« Reply #48 on: Monday, August 16, 2021, 20:07:04 »

Is fans concentrating only on the football and turning a blind eye to everything off the pitch not part of the reason we ended up in a mess in the first place?
I’d say the sooner things like this are out in the open, the better for the club.

We have had to much shit to “just concentrate on the football” when our possible new vice chairman could be a convicted money launderer.
I agree with this. Also with the point that FH made - the efl need to do their job with a stringent owners and Directors test. I am done with having Owners/Directors with a shady past at my club.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Monday, August 16, 2021, 20:37:10 »

Clem and Zavi are Jed and co on steroids. Talk a better talk and more likely to have some money behind them so hope they walk a better walk.

I hope it works out.

What worries me is that the Trust have become entangled with them in their efforts to get Power out. How do they now stand aside and assert proper independence (given they own no shares) on behalf of the fans?..
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Monday, August 16, 2021, 21:33:22 »

I totally agree that getting rid of Power was essential. But if we have come out of the frying pan and into the fire then it won't be quite the dream that we have been sold.

I certainly get the impression from the Trust statement and what was said on the Monday Night Panel that this has come to them as a surprise, but I could be wrong. If it has, that in and of itself should be a red flag. Austin was in the court documents (https://www.casemine.com/judgement/uk/5ec564d92c94e079ae125608) and has clearly been involved for some time. The Trust have given the impression that they have carried out exhaustive checks during the takeover, but if they have missed this, and bear in mind Austin is due to be Morfuni's man in the UK if the press release is to be believed, then what else have they missed?

Something I found strange was how Able were always referred to as 'The Mysterious Able', but what was so mysterious about them, other than they clearly didn't want to engage with the Trust? William Keravuori is a real person, and related to the owners of the Boston Celtics. Do we think Power just made it up? They seemingly bothered to create a vehicle (AC Sports Wiltshire LLC) for the takeover. What if Power's last act, in lining his own pockets, would have been to deliver us into the hands of reputable mega-rich owners?

The Trust have appointed themselves as arbiters on all this, and I fully commend them and appreciate the mass of work that they must have done. But if they have missed something and sold us a dud it would be hard to come back from.

To be clear, I hate this negativity, but as someone else said, the 'he saved the club' approach to Power by so many for so long was what helped to drive us onto the rocks.

You are now distorting the fundamentals around the Able deal.
Power was openly touting to agents and direct to people in the game that he would be the silent partner in the Able set up. Equally serious proof of funds never materialised.

You would be better off dropping this and yes I don’t think the Trust know half of it and if they did they would be better off keeping the lid on the complete saga.

Power is gone and we didn’t become another Bury.
Hoping the last Court case we get some leniency and we can all move on together as one.
Flashheart

« Reply #51 on: Monday, August 16, 2021, 21:55:50 »

Signs up and does nothing but bang on about Austin despite all the excitement around the club.

Then tries to legitimize ABLE and leaves in a strop when not everybody's completely on board.

There's nowt wrong with challenging Austin - it should be done. But there are better ways of going about it.
« Last Edit: Monday, August 16, 2021, 21:59:43 by Flashheart » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Monday, August 16, 2021, 22:18:53 »

able could easily have come forward if they were genuine

yeah keravouri is real. a developer. but absolutely no intent shown.. they power wanted them is a burger red flag than Austin.
Flashheart

« Reply #53 on: Monday, August 16, 2021, 22:21:43 »

they power wanted them is a burger red flag than Austin.

Well, Power has told a few whoppers...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Monday, August 16, 2021, 22:28:29 »

Signs up and does nothing but bang on about Austin despite all the excitement around the club.

Then tries to legitimize ABLE and leaves in a strop when not everybody's completely on board.

There's nowt wrong with challenging Austin - it should be done. But there are better ways of going about it.
agenda much...(not you FH, mystery poster...).
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Monday, August 16, 2021, 22:28:46 »

Quote from: Flashheart
they power wanted them is a burger red flag than Austin.
Well, Power has told a few whoppers...

doh
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Monday, August 16, 2021, 23:10:44 »

My only real concern is that the Trust were making out that it was just Clem taking on the club but in reality it appears to be him and a couple of others. Hopefully they knew the names involved all along but were just keeping the names out of the public domain for whatever reason.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Monday, August 16, 2021, 23:27:00 »

My only real concern is that the Trust were making out that it was just Clem taking on the club but in reality it appears to be him and a couple of others. Hopefully they knew the names involved all along but were just keeping the names out of the public domain for whatever reason.

Not quite - the new guy doesn't own any shares in the business and is filling a Director level role on the Board, unless I missed something.  No different to employing a Finance Director or Chief Exec, who I presume would trump a Vice Chair anyway and have more direct day to day influence on the business/club.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Monday, August 16, 2021, 23:33:29 »

I now really want a "Red Flag" burger Smiley Maybe it can be Town's new "flagship" burger Wink

Also can't wait for the Coca-Cola merchants to appear outside the County Ground too!

In other news, I'm half expecting Don Logan to turn up at some point. Also, Lee Power has always reminded me of Tony Tucker (or Terry Stone)  Hmmm

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Tuesday, August 17, 2021, 08:03:22 »

Yes it is the same person and yes more challenges lie ahead.

So the Zavier Austin that was found guilty for money laundering is the same guy that we are asking the EFL for ratification for becoming our Vice-Chairman?

I don't know the rules that the EFL use to verify whether he is fit and able but surely given his previous he's not going to pass that test is he?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: