Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Zavier Austin  (Read 21153 times)
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Sunday, August 15, 2021, 07:09:09 »

Terry's good, no longer on TEF, but he's good.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Sunday, August 15, 2021, 11:13:15 »

Well don’t we have an intriguing little story, saga, conundrum going on here eh? Add into the mix a number of ‘new’ members and posters adding a little bit of spice to the mix to put doubt into fans minds while on the pretext of being ‘concerned’ fans who again, have suddenly appeared out of no-where.

Are we getting to a point of entrenchment with fans starting to take sides because of the ‘alleged’ back story to Mr. Austin’s sudden appearance on the scene? I say sudden because I’ll wager that the vast majority of fans had never heard of him till Fridays statement about the appointment with I’m sure many a fan saying WTF & who is this bloke? Then along comes WMS1879 to cast a shadow of doubt with a murky past expose, Quelle Suprise. He came on here with veiled warnings and asking what on the face of it sounded pertinent questions but then comes out with “I actually don't even really care how good we are on the pitch!” Really? I’d have thought as a concerned supporter how the team perform must be high up there in any fans concern, after all if you don’t have a team performing well you get, well, relegated and relegated. So may I tactfully suggest that maybe you watch Supermarine (as I do occasionally) being an established “happy and well run club?” Then come back to STFC when you are happy that they are also or to gloat and say I told you so.

So back to the the cast members of our ongoing saga. There has to be an understanding that at our level clubs are easy targets for shysters, chancers and frankly characters of even more dubious and nefarious intentions as evidenced here and many other lower league clubs to make easy money. So I deduce that all the players in our stage performance saw an opportunity to make money here, including Clem, who no doubt was sold a solid investment opportunity after introductions via his association at Harrow Borough if you believe the backdrop to Clems arrival on the stage @ SN1. What appears to have happened is that some members of this ‘investment club’ had other intentions which have been exposed and accelerated by covid I suspect. Clearly when you lend someone a tenner and don’t get it back you’re pissed off, ‘lend’ or ‘invest’’ £m’s and pissed off doesn’t register on the Richter scale I think. Try to sell that investment to a dubious American co., behind your fellow investors backs in an attempt to keep the booty and absolve oneself of all liabilities lit the fuse to a mahoosive and acrimonious fallout, whereby at our level eye watering amounts of money have been spent on legal fees to get to where we are now. Clearly battle lines were taken up and sides chosen, in certain parts of our shadowy society that spells trouble, big trouble. This is where I reckon Mr. Austin fell foul of certain persons ‘unknown’ who didn’t like that for fear of what? You can work it out yourselves I think, you don’t need WMS1879 to join the dots for you.

As I said in another post, poachers have it would appear become gamekeepers. I’ll support Clem, Aberdeen & Mr. Austin until it transpires otherwise as it will if there is anything shitty or shady to expose. Be mindful, can you imagine what goes on in the shadowy world of the championship and da, da, daaa PL with there vast telephone figure monied world? Fuck me, look @ FIFA & the IOC for gods sake.

Clem may not take a penny out until he decides he’s gone as far as he can but in the long run even he can see the potential to make far, far more than he ever could have under the ponzi scheme he and others were sold.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Sunday, August 15, 2021, 13:46:40 »

Terry's good, no longer on TEF, but he's good.

Well that's good to hear (the being good bit) but also a shame (no longer on TEF bit) for a relatively regular poster as he does have some good insights.

Noticed he appears to have deactivated his twitter account too (I did follow, as with a few other Town fans). I hope it's just a case of him taking a break from social media (personally) as I know he mentioned something about that after the "Wembley posting".

As long as he's all good, as you mention but was just checking in.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Sunday, August 15, 2021, 14:47:47 »

Well don’t we have an intriguing little story, saga, conundrum going on here eh? Add into the mix a number of ‘new’ members and posters adding a little bit of spice to the mix to put doubt into fans minds while on the pretext of being ‘concerned’ fans who again, have suddenly appeared out of no-where.

Are we getting to a point of entrenchment with fans starting to take sides because of the ‘alleged’ back story to Mr. Austin’s sudden appearance on the scene? I say sudden because I’ll wager that the vast majority of fans had never heard of him till Fridays statement about the appointment with I’m sure many a fan saying WTF & who is this bloke? Then along comes WMS1879 to cast a shadow of doubt with a murky past expose, Quelle Surprise.

Now I am beginning to believe that I have indeed hacked your account 

First off, on the number of 'new' posters/members bit and concerned fans out of nowhere comment. Hardly, there are several long term, regular posters who have rightly raised concerns and totally agree with WMS that questions should be asked regarding this appointment. There is still the rather glaring omission that the appointment doesn't appear to have been communicated via STFCs interim Press Officer (that's Steele-Davis btw). This wouldn't be so odd, except pretty much every major appointment/signing/action has certainly been communicated that way - so if nothing else, it seems a little odd.

Then the statement itself is just rather odd and not very professional at all. It was loaded with axes to grind and nods to former incumbents. You don't bring that to a professional and public statement. A simple;

"STFC is delighted to announce ZA as the VC of STFC. ZA has been a great help in bringing CM to STFC and will take responsibility of CMs duties when he is unavailable.

Please give a warm welcome to ZA who will be present with CM in the Director's Box at today's match versus Carlisle.

COYR,

SFTC & CM"

Yet instead, it gave us all the revealings of a shady undertone that was totally avoidable but only adds further questions to the appointment. If can of worms is one thing, this was akin to snakes in a tin  Eek

~~~

With regards to 'sudden appearance' and 'never heard of him 'til Friday', that's simply not true. His name has been mentioned several times by Clem previously. It would rather be an insult to people's intelligence that they had never heard ZA mentioned before. Yes the manner of the statement certainly highlighted his "profile"....of course it did but then he's just been named a VC; a position of authority and control effectively at the top of the club.

It's right to ask questions when the foundations for 'open and transparent' have been driven home and laid continuously during this takeover. That transparency is what has given a lot of people trust in this new owner, convinced them to jump back on board the STFC train and much more. It's is then what makes that statement appear more odd and out of character.

Regards to your comment on what else goes on in higher echelons of sport is neither here nor there. That's like saying "the bloke down the road is a dodgy cowboy builder and never finishes jobs. Therefore, I am going to be a dodgy builder and follow in his footsteps because I have exactly the same ethics and moral outlook as he." That's not being naive to what's going on elsewhere, that's just not standing for having it going on at STFC and it doesn't have to be either. Especially with the links the Trust have to a recently appointed CEO of the club.

~~

Hopefully all it will transpire is that it was purely just that, an odd statement in which the Chairman got carried away (before putting it past ASD) and couldn't help but take a very large swipe at a former owner and his "friends" (allegedly). I still don't like it as it isn't professional, we're supposed to be shrugging off the "dodgy monkey". This kind of thing doesn't really help.

I still have my own doubts that it was purely an odd statement and like several others (old and new), I will raise concerns until satisfied that those concerns have been put to bed. My initial thought is that this may linger on...so right now is correct to scrutinise. We know there's still plenty to come out.

A good season may gloss over it for some, meeting Clem at Webbs Wood and being his bestie might gloss over it too. This just feels like the first layer of a decoupage repair job - many more layers are needed for it to be fixed, if not it could easily tear apart again. I'm glad we've got football back but I'm not quite ready to fully believe that we've "got our club back" just yet.

Agree or disagree but man, I wish Reg was here to give his tuppenny worth!

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Sunday, August 15, 2021, 16:03:07 »

ASD? he's not back is he?
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Sunday, August 15, 2021, 16:10:10 »

Anyone (Austin and subsequently Clem) who has got involved with Lee Power has to be a bit dodgy right?

The appointment of Angus is a good move - whether it’s a good move for us because he will do things properly or it’s a good move for them because it gives them legitimacy only time will tell. Let’s see if Angus is still CEO in 2 years time

These guys are clearly not involved for the love of STFC and Clem has shades of Jed with a few more brain cells, so it is important to be wary. However, if they get what they want out of it, leave the club better than they found it and give us some success on the field in time then hopefully it will be a marriage of convenience, as it is with most owners of EFL clubs  
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Sunday, August 15, 2021, 16:20:26 »

ASD? he's not back is he?

On a temporart basis
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Sunday, August 15, 2021, 16:21:25 »

cool
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Sunday, August 15, 2021, 16:57:47 »

Anyone (Austin and subsequently Clem) who has got involved with Lee Power has to be a bit dodgy right?

The appointment of Angus is a good move - whether it’s a good move for us because he will do things properly or it’s a good move for them because it gives them legitimacy only time will tell. Let’s see if Angus is still CEO in 2 years time

These guys are clearly not involved for the love of STFC and Clem has shades of Jed with a few more brain cells, so it is important to be wary. However, if they get what they want out of it, leave the club better than they found it and give us some success on the field in time then hopefully it will be a marriage of convenience, as it is with most owners of EFL clubs  

I do remember similar sentiments being expressed about McCrory.  And Power.  Latter lasted longer, but neither ended well.

Clem has done a brilliant job of love-bombing the fan base.  And I'm on board.  Most of us who have been following the club for 30+ yrs are naturally cynical - because the club we love has been horribly mismanaged for most of that period, and we've punched below our true fighting weight as a result.  And I will give him a chance.  I want it to work.

But the jury is out.  Buy in from the Trust, a body I belong to and respect, is a plus.  But the proof of the pudding, as ever, will be in the eating.
« Last Edit: Sunday, August 15, 2021, 17:13:38 by Ardiles » Logged
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Sunday, August 15, 2021, 18:33:00 »

I hope that the new regime runs the club well, gives us excitement on the pitch. I hope that the club is financially stable and success is sustainable both on and off the pitch. I don't want EFL or FA rules being broken, dodgy dealing taking place or laws being broken.

I don't want people coming on here (or regular contributors) trying to polarise opinions. I understand that the vast majority of monied people in football are shady to some degree. I don't want STFC to stick out from the normal levels of behaviours associated with football clubs.

I would like to see the club grow and develop its own talent. I would like to be able to link with bigger clubs to get exciting players to supplement out team. But, I would like the main core of the team to be our own players. If we have to sell, I would like money to go back into the club to finance replacements.

Now, I've said everything I want to about the behind the scenes part of the club. The club seems to be being run more transparently than it was before. That is a positive turn of events. Long may it continue. I'm going to focus on watching football and supporting my team and not criticising people who I know nothing about.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Sunday, August 15, 2021, 20:19:02 »

Amen to all of that NMH...in a nut shell👏👍
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Sunday, August 15, 2021, 21:21:47 »

Sigh.
JanAirplaneMan

« Reply #27 on: Monday, August 16, 2021, 16:23:59 »

Hi All.. Update on this from the Trust. The Trust notes the intended appointment of Zavier Austin as vice-chair and director. We are grateful for his important part in bringing Clem to the club.   There have been some concerning comments about Mr Austin’s background on social media, but we have yet to meet him and do not know if they are accurate.  We are seeking clarity.  The Trust will be looking to meet Mr Austin if approved by the EFL and appointed as director and will then provide a further update.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Monday, August 16, 2021, 16:25:18 »

Be a bit late then though
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Monday, August 16, 2021, 16:45:28 »

Hi All.. Update on this from the Trust. The Trust notes the intended appointment of Zavier Austin as vice-chair and director. We are grateful for his important part in bringing Clem to the club.   There have been some concerning comments about Mr Austin’s background on social media, but we have yet to meet him and do not know if they are accurate.  We are seeking clarity.  The Trust will be looking to meet Mr Austin if approved by the EFL and appointed as director and will then provide a further update.

Genuine question - how does the “consultative role” for the Trust work if they are told about unilaterally made decisions (including appointments of alleged money launderers/drug pushers) after the event?
« Last Edit: Monday, August 16, 2021, 16:50:57 by Frigby Daser » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: