Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Zavier Austin  (Read 21160 times)
wisemensay1879

« on: Saturday, August 14, 2021, 19:01:11 »

I think this subject deserves its own thread, rather than being rapidly buried in 'New beginnings - Fresh Start'.

Catch up here: https://thetownend.com/index.php?topic=58890.660

Can someone from the Trust let us know what due diligence they have done on our proposed Vice Chairman in terms of background checks, and are they satisfied that he is the right sort of person to be the figurehead and key decision maker in Morfuni's absence?

What did they make of the statement on the club website? Is it appropriate and normal that reports of criminal violence first appear in club communications announcing a key appointment?

As stated on the other thread, I think this needs addressing ASAP. The Trust have responded to social media posts they are tagged in with incredible speed over the last few months and I note that there are no replies on the few questions that have been asked on this front.
Redhouses

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, August 14, 2021, 19:04:13 »

Thought it was strange to mention the assault, is it in some way connected to the club or was it just additional context as to the time the hire has taken.
penhillbilly

Unbeeelievable Jeff !!!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, August 14, 2021, 19:08:44 »

mate.where do you intend to go with this?you have ten posts on here,all on the same subject,nothing to do with the football side of things,it seems to me like you have an axe to grind or agenda to instill negativity just at the same time as the take over is happening,maybe an agent provacateur for the previous regime,i don't know,just seems a bit suss to me fella.....
 Hmmm Hmmm Hmmm

No one is Innocent...
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, August 14, 2021, 19:13:48 »

I think it's right to ask the question.

There could be nothing in it at all, or he may have a questionable past. People can, and do, change but we've had too many dealings with dodgy owners/directors in the past to not be a little bit cautious about this.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, August 14, 2021, 19:14:06 »

Can someone from the Trust let us know what due diligence they have done on our proposed Vice Chairman in terms of background checks, and are they satisfied that he is the right sort of person to be the figurehead and key decision maker in Morfuni's absence?

What standing, if any, does the trust have in these matters?

Nothing to see here
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, August 14, 2021, 19:30:23 »

None whatsoever and can’t influence the “owners” and real “decision makers” at the club.
Best let sleeping dogs lie and just hope the Courts / EFL treat us favourably next month.

Best to deflect all attention to football matters right now.
Fallouts happen and big boys don’t play nicely.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, August 14, 2021, 19:33:07 »

Quote from: JBZ

They have lines of communication into the club, as you know.

they also championed Clem and went to lengths to explain the due diligence they had done.

Now I'm a bit suspicious of the OP's motives pushing this. But it's also a valid question.

once bitten...

ultimately it's Clems decision.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, August 14, 2021, 19:54:36 »

Given the industry they work in, it would actually be very surprising if Clem didn't know or get exposed to some dodgy people.  I'm taking a punt on a sketchy youth, knows some East End Characters, reformed and knuckled down to running a business.  Based on about three lines of text you can get on google about the chap.  Snap judgement made.
wisemensay1879

« Reply #8 on: Saturday, August 14, 2021, 20:13:05 »

We haven't all spent the last 12 months reading court documents and refreshing the Companies House page to fall asleep at the wheel on the final corner. I want nothing more than a happy well run club. I actually don't even really care how good we are on the pitch!

Don't we all wish we'd asked more questions of Power when he turned up? Or Jed McCrory when he turned up? Or Mike Diamandis when he turned up?! Unless you have a super rich life long fan you always have to wonder why anyone gets involved, surely?

With the history of our club it would be absolutely insane to sit back and start sipping margaritas just because Power seems to have been ousted. And the time to ask questions is at the start, before the damage is done.

I really hope that there is nothing to worry about here and it is as good as it all seems to be, but I slightly worry that the lovefest has meant the eye has been taken off the ball.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, August 14, 2021, 20:19:01 »

The Trust will be asking questions next week and i’m led to believe may even be meeting Austin himself.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, August 14, 2021, 20:21:37 »

Quote from: Quagmire
The Trust will be asking questions next week and i’m led to believe may even be meeting Austin himself.

cheers.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, August 14, 2021, 20:23:40 »

The Trust will be asking questions next week and i’m led to believe may even be meeting Austin themselves.

They will meet him and declare that he's a charming fellow who they believe has the interests of Swindon Town at heart. Very nice but it won't really prove much.

I'll go with Banbury. Focus on football and see what court related stuff brings in September and beyond as there is nothing that can be done before then.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Saturday, August 14, 2021, 20:23:56 »

Ultimately we are going to end up with a board, all of whom provided the money for Power to survive as long as he did but were ultimately stitched up. How this turns out only time will tell, how the appointments will impact following the September court case and subsequent punishment for the club is the primary concern at the moment.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Saturday, August 14, 2021, 20:28:22 »

Quote from: Costanza
They will meet him and declare that he's a charming fellow who they believe has the interests of Swindon Town at heart. Very nice but it won't really prove much.

I'll go with Banbury. Focus on football and see what court related stuff brings in September and beyond as there is nothing that can be done before then.

you are probably right.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Sunday, August 15, 2021, 00:27:07 »

Talking of the Trust, where has Panda Paws gone? He's pretty much disappeared from here since the takeover was confirmed...

I hope you're well Terry.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: