Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Mortgage Advice  (Read 13032 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Friday, November 4, 2022, 11:26:10 »

Average pay for public sector workers is 12% higher than the private sector, according to this......

https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/research-briefings/cbp-8037/

You would hope it was higher, given they include the Emergency Services and roles essential for the orderly continuation of society - the way we like it.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Friday, November 4, 2022, 11:45:13 »

Except you will be hit with high rent costs and no equity.
Equity isn’t that important at my age! Anyway, there’s no equity to have in a falling market.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Friday, November 4, 2022, 12:12:10 »

If you rent you rent you will need to find a decent accountant as the money you get for yours will quickly go over the £1000 savings tax free allowance.

So, give no fucks
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Friday, November 4, 2022, 12:12:20 »

I genuinely feel for those people irrespective on how they entered the housing market. We have been living for a very long time in an era of low, flat interest rates. This should not be a surprise to anyone and a case of when not why.
The housing market is way over valued.

This will place more people in the poverty bracket, only knows what is ahead of us but no time to gloat or dismiss the worry for so many.
It’s shit no matter what angle you approach this from.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Friday, November 4, 2022, 12:17:21 »

If you rent you rent you will need to find a decent accountant as the money you get for yours will quickly go over the £1000 savings tax free allowance.
I suppose that depends on where I put the money from the sale of my house here in Greece until I need it.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Friday, November 4, 2022, 12:18:38 »

It’s a mess from what ever angle you look at it.
Just lucky I don’t have a Mortgage now and early settled in July as had wind this was coming plus a big slice of luck.
Just need to come to terms that both my kids will more than likely be stuck here for a considerable time.

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Friday, November 4, 2022, 12:19:20 »

I suppose that depends on where I put the money from the sale of my house here in Greece until I need it.

It would certainly need thinking about

So, give no fucks
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Friday, November 4, 2022, 12:19:57 »

I’m definitely going to rent when we move back.

Wait for the crash and then buy.

I know it’s shit for millions but for a handful it’s actually going our way for once.

To be fair we’ve been hearing about the housing market crash for the last 30+years, so I wouldn’t hold your breath. It has dropped a few times but unless there’s a major change in peoples desires & expectations it always recovers.

That said, if you are a bit older & are unlikely to get to s point where you are mortgage free there’s not a lot to be gained (for you) buying at the moment
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Friday, November 4, 2022, 12:24:40 »

It’s a mess from what ever angle you look at it.
Just lucky I don’t have a Mortgage now and early settled in July as had wind this was coming plus a big slice of luck.
Just need to come to terms that both my kids will more than likely be stuck here for a considerable time.

Same here Duke, I was fortunate to pay off the mortgage a few years ago but feel for the younger generation but definitely had things tough throughout the 90's

So, give no fucks
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Friday, November 4, 2022, 13:34:19 »

This will place more people in the poverty bracket, only knows what is ahead of us but no time to gloat or dismiss the worry for so many.
It’s shit no matter what angle you approach this from.

This is true, but I think the recent posts were more aimed at LL and JQ's "it was worse in my day" quips.

These are completely different times. The 80s were forty years ago chaps. The world's changed.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Friday, November 4, 2022, 13:44:48 »

This is true, but I think the recent posts were more aimed at LL and JQ's "it was worse in my day" quips.

These are completely different times. The 80s were forty years ago chaps. The world's changed.

I never said it was worse only that I had it tough during that period.

So, give no fucks
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Friday, November 4, 2022, 13:51:35 »

To be honest Mate it feels it has always been tough.
Pressure of work, paying bills, just general pressures of life. Without doubt mind it genuinely feels tougher as I have got older but I am putting that down to extra responsibility.

I am coming down to land now, just hopefully can land and enjoy a few years out of this fucking rat race. I have been lucky, some say you make your own luck, but the big decisions I have made in my life have generally been the right ones.
Without doubt though like most have made sacrifices.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Friday, November 4, 2022, 14:47:17 »

Trying to work out if you are a troll or a fucking idiot

I’ve got you down as a nasty cunt while you make your childish mind up.
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Friday, November 4, 2022, 14:48:28 »

I hope you remember that when you are lying in your own filth waiting for a care worker to turn up - what an odious cunt you are.

Is that so you twat
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Friday, November 4, 2022, 14:50:47 »

Didn’t know LL had kids, should have mentioned it before
Maybe you should listen to their legitimate concerns then?

Public sector workers are clearly underpaid. As Moss said, one day you might need them more than you realise now.

Oh and you have kids, we get it

I do listen and read interestingly enough. That’s why I’m sick to the back teeth. Seems that the country only employs public sector workers while everyone else can seemingly fuck off.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: