Pages: 1 ... 255 256 257 [258] 259 260 261 ... 803   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1122693 times)
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #3855 on: Friday, June 2, 2023, 11:21:07 »

I actually thought he came over pretty positively. A sort of slightly naïve but enthusiastic and well meaning fan rather than Machiavellian frontman for the narcos, which is reassuring at least.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #3856 on: Friday, June 2, 2023, 11:23:17 »

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/23563452.swindon-town-trying-set-academy-australia-clem-morfuni/

Confirmed he means Jamie Russell as Nemo alluded to. Talking of JR, here he is on the OSC chat with Vic Morgan.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #3857 on: Friday, June 2, 2023, 18:19:32 »

I know these 'general housekeeping' things are absolutely miniscule issues, but stuff like this irritates me way more than it really should! I mean, I know nothing about websites but surely an update is a 10 minutes job at the most?

If someone can post tweets out, they can update the new manager on the website.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3858 on: Friday, June 2, 2023, 22:38:14 »

why the fuck are we fucking around with foreign scabies l academies now?

how is it a priority before we get our core business in order?
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #3859 on: Saturday, June 3, 2023, 06:26:29 »

If you paid for your ST by bank transfer, how long did it take to receive any kind of confirmation?

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #3860 on: Saturday, June 3, 2023, 06:32:59 »

If you paid for your ST by bank transfer, how long did it take to receive any kind of confirmation?
After a month, I still hadn't received confirmation. I logged into the ticketing site and checked account history I think it was and my season ticket purchase was in there and there was an option to resend confirmation email which then came through all okay.
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #3861 on: Saturday, June 3, 2023, 06:35:24 »

Definitely in the camp of there's a lot of ducks for us to get in a row yet as a club, but from the on the sofa chat with Jamie Russell, sounds like our academy is in really good knick at the moment and ahead of schedule, so him spending some time setting up an Aussie academy may not detract from our academy's objectives.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #3862 on: Saturday, June 3, 2023, 07:10:11 »

After a month, I still hadn't received confirmation. I logged into the ticketing site and checked account history I think it was and my season ticket purchase was in there and there was an option to resend confirmation email which then came through all okay.

Perfect, it’s showing in there for me too - thanks

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #3863 on: Saturday, June 3, 2023, 07:50:44 »

4k season tickets sold.

+2 to that as renewed ours as soon as I woke up this morning after experiencing a dream where we actually won at Wembley! Blind optimism I know. Blame me if we lose in the final to Barrow. Oddly enough I was still able to buy online for the early bird price despite the deadline being 31st May.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #3864 on: Saturday, June 3, 2023, 09:02:31 »

I’ve relented and will get a couple of STs this week - God save my soul!

Need help here. Gone to the How Would You Like to Pay and there is only the option for V12. Is there no way I can just pay the whole amount via Debit Card?
« Last Edit: Saturday, June 3, 2023, 09:18:42 by The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey » Logged
DMC

« Reply #3865 on: Saturday, June 3, 2023, 09:19:25 »

Yeah they shouldn't bother
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #3866 on: Saturday, June 3, 2023, 09:32:23 »

Dont listen too much to the negative Neils on Twitter Batch, they'll get you down!

Whilst i think its fair to say our Academy over the decade or so hasn't produced much to write home about, there are positive signs that Jamie Russell seems to be working a bit of magic and the youngsters reached a cup final and the noises appear to be very good.

I suspect Jamie Russell is going to Oz to work with someone over there to try and 'mirror' what he's doing over here. I don't think I've an issue with it really, why not use the contacts Clem has over in Australia to benefit us?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #3867 on: Saturday, June 3, 2023, 09:44:29 »

We are setting up an Academy in Australia apparently. His 'Head of Football' (?) is heading out there on 20th June.

I thought that was the best I have heard Clem speak to be honest. He came across confident and with clarity. I thought it was interesting he came out and basically said Power tried to bankrupt the club. He is obviously very passionate about football in both Australia and at Swindon. We'll worth a listen.

Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #3868 on: Saturday, June 3, 2023, 09:49:52 »

I think the problem with our Academy has always been that the real standout talent gets poached before they get anywhere near the first team.

I can’t remember who it was that said/posted the quote from someone that said most youth age group teams are run because there’s one player there that is likely to make it, and often they already know who that player is so the others are really just there to enable his development.

There’s always exceptions (like Ian Wright) but that being the case we have usually lost ours before they get to an age where they are getting pro deals
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #3869 on: Saturday, June 3, 2023, 09:55:28 »

I’ve relented and will get a couple of STs this week - God save my soul!

Need help here. Gone to the How Would You Like to Pay and there is only the option for V12. Is there no way I can just pay the whole amount via Debit Card?

The club have to send you a banking link to pay in full.
Once you get it, very easy.
Pain at first, call them and they sort it out very quickly.

Hope that helps.
Pages: 1 ... 255 256 257 [258] 259 260 261 ... 803   Go Up
Print
Jump to: