Pages: 1 ... 254 255 256 [257] 258 259 260 ... 803   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1123609 times)
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #3840 on: Thursday, June 1, 2023, 12:18:43 »

4K plus is an unreal effort from this fanbase given the circus we’ve witnessed top to bottom at the club this season.

I reckon with some decent signings and a positive pre season we could easily surpass 4.5k and get close to 5k again. Seen it mentioned above but fully agree that club struck at right time getting rid of SDM and Morris “officially” in the same week. Numbers wouldn’t be anywhere near 4K otherwise.

Around 12 vacancies behind the scenes to fill across first team and academy and I’d say around 8-10 players needed (exc departures) so it’s gonna be a busy old summer…

I’m fairly sure the club stated in the May AB to keep a look out for an announcement soon of someone being appointed on the football side of things, as did a trust rep, so hopefully here about that soon.

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #3841 on: Thursday, June 1, 2023, 12:27:09 »

Nathan Thompson has been doing a Business degree with a view to becoming a Sporting Director when he finishes playing.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3842 on: Thursday, June 1, 2023, 12:31:37 »

4k season tickets sold.

That's pretty decent as said above.

Think this is a big season for Clem. I don't need "promotion or bust" type approach - but we need to try to do things right to focus o promotion.

So far appointing Flynn and talking of bringing in experience (within our means) is the right thing. I don't think they'll go back on their word and revert to all youngsters now.
derbystfc

Ignore
« Reply #3843 on: Thursday, June 1, 2023, 13:01:30 »

That's pretty decent as said above.

Think this is a big season for Clem. I don't need "promotion or bust" type approach - but we need to try to do things right to focus o promotion.

So far appointing Flynn and talking of bringing in experience (within our means) is the right thing. I don't think they'll go back on their word and revert to all youngsters now.

I would like to think that wone be the case, lessons learnt and we move on.

Giving a clueless numpty who calls himself Sando when his real name is Alexanda Ralph William as much control at the club is a well learned mistake. I cant help but think the Zav Austin connection (at the time) at the club had something to do with all that.

Im still a bit pissed off that it happened last season the way it did. But it's in the past, we move on!!
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #3844 on: Friday, June 2, 2023, 07:35:41 »

A new Podcast with Clem. Some sort of Aussie 'soccer' podcast. Haven't started it yet so don't know what it includes:

https://open.spotify.com/episode/5LW9Ho9voUkVkX46EKH8D1?si=hRXBIax9S0WCnRXNzs328A&nd=1
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #3845 on: Friday, June 2, 2023, 07:59:28 »

We are setting up an Academy in Australia apparently. His 'Head of Football' (?) is heading out there on 20th June.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #3846 on: Friday, June 2, 2023, 08:39:33 »

Can see head coach/manager not been updated yet which is so poor https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/club/whos-who/
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #3847 on: Friday, June 2, 2023, 08:47:20 »

Can see head coach/manager not been updated yet which is so poor https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/club/whos-who/

I know these 'general housekeeping' things are absolutely miniscule issues, but stuff like this irritates me way more than it really should! I mean, I know nothing about websites but surely an update is a 10 minutes job at the most?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #3848 on: Friday, June 2, 2023, 08:54:49 »

I know these 'general housekeeping' things are absolutely miniscule issues, but stuff like this irritates me way more than it really should! I mean, I know nothing about websites but surely an update is a 10 minutes job at the most?

I sometimes get tasked with website updates for the shop and a 10 minute job generally takes about an hour to sort out....

Technology is a wonderful thing?

Arse.
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #3849 on: Friday, June 2, 2023, 09:16:22 »

No head of media at the moment ….

But yeah, it’s kinda slack and being blunt that’s just been the way recently
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #3850 on: Friday, June 2, 2023, 09:31:29 »

I sometimes get tasked with website updates for the shop and a 10 minute job generally takes about an hour to sort out....

Technology is a wonderful thing?

Arse.

Yeah I had a feeling somebody that knows way more about this stuff than me would come along and tell me I am talking out of my ringpiece! Smiley

I'm also guessing that whoever 'coded' (sorry that's probably the wrong parlance) the website made it more complicated than it needs to be. Surely someone as computer literate as our very own Peter Venkman would ensure that things are kept ship shape!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #3851 on: Friday, June 2, 2023, 10:03:09 »

A new Podcast with Clem. Some sort of Aussie 'soccer' podcast. Haven't started it yet so don't know what it includes:

https://open.spotify.com/episode/5LW9Ho9voUkVkX46EKH8D1?si=hRXBIax9S0WCnRXNzs328A&nd=1

Thanks for sharing this Mooney - something to listen to today.

bathford

Ignore
« Reply #3852 on: Friday, June 2, 2023, 10:41:57 »

Just listened to Clem’s interview. Very interesting indeed.

Tell me who is his head of football at the CG?
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #3853 on: Friday, June 2, 2023, 10:45:08 »

I'm assuming he meant Jamie Russell?
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #3854 on: Friday, June 2, 2023, 11:00:06 »

A good listen. Not really heard him speak for any great length of time before.
Yeah I think he was referring to the academy with the head of football comment.

Easy to forget that he's been involved with the club for a number of years now.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Pages: 1 ... 254 255 256 [257] 258 259 260 ... 803   Go Up
Print
Jump to: