Pages: 1 ... 122 123 124 [125] 126 127 128 ... 803   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1123740 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1860 on: Wednesday, July 6, 2022, 10:37:22 »

Finally the "can't believe its not Power/Curran" Able issue is being closer to resolved. It was always headed this way.

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/20258987.swindon-town-fight-able-winding-up-petition-high-court/

Swindon Town FC will do battle in the High Court on Thursday (July 7) as they bid to avoid being wound-up.

American firm AC Sports Wiltshire, otherwise known as Able, have applied for the club to be wound up after claiming that a loan made under the reign of former owner Lee Power is outstanding and should be repaid.

The case was first heard in January before being moved to this week.

As previously reported, the amount of the loan in question, which Able claim should be paid back, was not mentioned at the previous court hearing in January, but it is believed to be between £100,000 and £300,000.

But representing Swindon Town Football Company Ltd, the company behind the club, at the hearing, Jessica Powers said there was evidence that the loan agreement was varied and the money was repaid to a petitioner who attempted to purchase the club.

She claimed the case was brought with “improper motive”.

A winding up petition is usually a last resort for creditors that are owed money used against companies that are insolvent and can't pay their debt. If the court sides with the creditors then that company is typically forced into liquidation.

The case will take place at the High Court on Thursday in front of Deputy Insolvency Judge Stephen Baister.

JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #1861 on: Wednesday, July 6, 2022, 20:00:18 »

It's only the winder. Other claims could follow if a winding up order isn't made.

Is it June or late September
Is it 1993
Could you help me to remember
Is this how I'm supposed to be

Sometimes I think the pain blows my mind
Pain blows my mind.

Did you ever get those cigarettes
And did you get anything for me
Will you help me to remember
When I fall into the sea.

Sometimes I think the pain blows my mind
Pain blows my mind.

Nothing to see here
stfcjack

The Swindon lot don't seem to respect you

Ignore
« Reply #1862 on: Thursday, July 7, 2022, 08:08:26 »

Is there any way we can follow these events today?
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #1863 on: Thursday, July 7, 2022, 08:15:46 »

Is there any way we can follow these events today?

Its at 1130 on Teams (case no: CR-2021-002073), whether the normal man in the street can listen in who knows, especially after all the bollocks of last time.
stfcjack

The Swindon lot don't seem to respect you

Ignore
« Reply #1864 on: Thursday, July 7, 2022, 08:17:50 »

Its at 1130 on Teams (case no: CR-2021-002073), whether the normal man in the street can listen in who knows, especially after all the bollocks of last time.

Thanks mate, if anyone does tune in (if able to) some updates would be greatly appreciated
JBZ

Ignore
« Reply #1865 on: Thursday, July 7, 2022, 08:19:49 »

I suspect that a winding up order won't be made. The creditor will presumably sue the debtor for the sums allegedly due.

Nothing to see here
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1866 on: Thursday, July 7, 2022, 10:24:58 »

https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2022/july/weve-reviewed-our-loyalty-point-scheme/

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1867 on: Thursday, July 7, 2022, 10:37:03 »

I suspect that a winding up order won't be made. The creditor will presumably sue the debtor for the sums allegedly due.

Oh, so could drag on and on.

Will removal of the winding up order open up our credit lines? I believe that was a reason inputting into the lack of card facilities for season tickets.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1868 on: Thursday, July 7, 2022, 10:37:54 »

That's good to see, BUT...

surely if you buy 4 away tickets for 4 people in your network then all 4 should get loyalty points. Which isn't how it reads

For tickets purchased or additional requests by season ticket holders, 15 points will be awarded for a home game and 10 points for an away fixture. These points will be awarded per order, not per ticket.

I'm sure that will be cleared up.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #1869 on: Thursday, July 7, 2022, 10:45:06 »

I suspect that's a technical limitation unless they manually adjust everyone's loyalty points.
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #1870 on: Thursday, July 7, 2022, 11:21:04 »

sounds like we didnt get the ticketing overhaul we were promised over the summer, still at least we have a club ey.  Roll Eyes
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1871 on: Thursday, July 7, 2022, 11:27:38 »

Quote from: Nemo
I suspect that's a technical limitation unless they manually adjust everyone's loyalty points.

Surely it's just a Ticketmaster configuration. Bit of a cock up on TM part if not.
JBZ

Ignore
« Reply #1872 on: Thursday, July 7, 2022, 11:30:13 »

Oh, so could drag on and on.

Will removal of the winding up order open up our credit lines? I believe that was a reason inputting into the lack of card facilities for season tickets.

I think that presentation of a winding up petition was/is the issue. If the petition is dismissed, that gets rid of that.

Nothing to see here
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #1873 on: Thursday, July 7, 2022, 11:34:39 »

Surely it's just a Ticketmaster configuration. Bit of a cock up on TM part if not.

a big % of clubs use TM, inc some premier league big boys. id imagine you get whatever spec you pay for.

using a PSF for loyalty points is a new low, even LP didnt do that  Doh
theyll be STH who did 46 games last year on holiday for cardiff given its pre-season who may not get a ticket for Harrogate as a result. laughable

STFC_Gazza

Ignore
« Reply #1874 on: Thursday, July 7, 2022, 11:35:18 »

That's the question I've asked the club, see what they say I hope so
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 124 [125] 126 127 128 ... 803   Go Up
Print
Jump to: