Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Final: England v Italy  (Read 23663 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Monday, July 12, 2021, 08:47:33 »

Perhaps if Kane and Sterling looked to actually play football rather than throw themselves petulantly on the floor looking for free kicks all the time we might have had a better chance. It was obvious the ref wasnt falling for any of their nonsense yet they kept trying the conman act.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #181 on: Monday, July 12, 2021, 09:19:16 »

We seen the best and the worst of Sterling in this comp. Unfortunately, his worst came last night
chalkies shorts

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Monday, July 12, 2021, 09:27:44 »

I think sterling was our player of the tournament.
Kane and sterling may have gone to ground easy but there were clear fouls on them not given. The Italian shithousery intensified as the game wore on making it pretty impossible for England to run through the ranks. The ref allowed it.
In hindsight the foul on grealish was a red. VAR seemed to have a day off yesterday. There was also a possible penalty on sterling I was surprised was not reviewed.
UEFA will no doubt knock one out over the way the ref let play flow but he did is no favours.
I don't care if this comes across as sour grapes but I'm fucking tired of cheaters prospering and they neat always do.
If Italy stuck to football theyd probably still win. They have excellent players but every one of them is a cheating cunt.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Monday, July 12, 2021, 10:48:25 »

I see Grealish has come out and said he wanted to take a penalty but Southgate chose the takers.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Monday, July 12, 2021, 10:54:48 »

I see Grealish has come out and said he wanted to take a penalty but Southgate chose the takers.

It appears that Southgate chose the penalty takers in order to take full responsibility. I'm not convinced (easy to say now we've lost) that was the best thing to do. Surely you have to let the players decide who wants to take them? You would have thought Sterling and Grealish would have put themselves forward for sure.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Monday, July 12, 2021, 11:08:26 »

I just want to use this thread to say well done to the England squad, you did well and we are proud of you. Please ignore the ignorant twats who are scapegoating players and giving abhorrent abuse to them.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #186 on: Monday, July 12, 2021, 11:12:22 »

I just want to use this thread to say well done to the England squad, you did well and we are proud of you. Please ignore the ignorant twats who are scapegoating players and giving abhorrent abuse to them.
100% this.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #187 on: Monday, July 12, 2021, 11:15:01 »

Theres a fine line though. You can't say someone has had a bad game these days without being told you are making a scapegoat out of them
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #188 on: Monday, July 12, 2021, 11:16:01 »

Theres a fine line though. You can't say someone has had a bad game these days without being told you are making a scapegoat out of them
This is indeed also true.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Monday, July 12, 2021, 11:21:52 »

When I'm referring to scapegoating it's down to the vile abuse certain players are getting in this case.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Monday, July 12, 2021, 11:26:30 »

When I'm referring to scapegoating it's down to the vile abuse certain players are getting in this case.
Yes, but I don't see any of that on here.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
blah blah

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Monday, July 12, 2021, 11:47:20 »

Did I hear Shearer right last night when he said that Kane did not touch the ball once in the opposition penalty area ? Don't get me wrong, I thought he played well dropping deep in the first half, very effective, but how can we have our only central striker not touching the ball in the box and still expect to win ?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Monday, July 12, 2021, 11:55:50 »

Kane was magnificent for 30 minutes in unlocking the Italians.

He and Stirling were anonymous second half. Not sure if that's their fault so much as the situation England were in being pressed back..

the Italian midfield were pretty good. we did well really to stay in it for the 90. I wish we'd have gone for it in extra time though.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: Monday, July 12, 2021, 13:52:52 »

I think Jude Bellingham's development is a pretty key factor in how we'll do in Qatar. It'll be hot even in winter, which will mean we probably need to control possession a bit more - which we did in quite a few games in this tournament, but obviously not yesterday.

But still, Rice (22), Mount (22), Foden (21), Bellingham (18) and Phillips (25) should give us hope there.

Only really Henderson & Walker who past their prime, and even they'll only be 32 come Qatar.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: Monday, July 12, 2021, 13:55:01 »

As for the game itself, not sure there was much more we could do, probably the best team in the tournament won and roll on future tournaments for this very young and incredibly likeable team. Comment has been made of the referee, I think he had a reasonable game, I also got the impression that he decided after about 20 mins that everyone was going to fall over at every opportunity and decided to not give anything to either side unless it was blatant, albeit their lad got away with one for the tackle on Grealish.

Can I just comment on the idea that the climate in Qatar will adversely affect us, whilst it will undoubtedly have an effect, however, temperature wise winter in Qatar is not a million miles off summer Spain (1982), Mexico (1986), Italy (1990), where from recollection it didn't have a terribly detrimental effect bar Mexico where I suspect in many cases altitude was as much of a problem.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: