Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What we saying today then  (Read 14927 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday, June 29, 2021, 08:45:18 »

No doubt. But talking is no fucking good if they can’t actually do anything. Players aren’t going to hang on if there are other choices available to them.
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday, June 29, 2021, 08:46:42 »

If I’d been told six weeks ago that there was a good chance we’d have a new owner in place by mid-July, I would have breathed a huge sigh of relief.
jevs

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday, June 29, 2021, 08:59:51 »

I suspect this is Ben Chorley's job?

Have we heard anything from Michael Standing at all? Is he likely to have an ongoing relationship with the club? As a football agent it could be that he sees a route to his money back through a working relationship here.

His objectives have aligned with Morfuni's in an enemy of my enemy manner to date we assume, but I guess some of the £6 million debt/debenture is/could be due to him? What happens there? There still seems a lot to potentially go wrong.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #33 on: Tuesday, June 29, 2021, 09:05:06 »

No doubt. But talking is no fucking good if they can’t actually do anything. Players aren’t going to hang on if there are other choices available to them.
Players and managers will not mind waiting 2 weeks if we are offerring the best deal to them. If we are not then it doesn't matter anyway
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday, June 29, 2021, 09:07:12 »

Players and managers will not mind waiting 2 weeks if we are offerring the best deal to them. If we are not then it doesn't matter anyway

It's Swindon Town.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #35 on: Tuesday, June 29, 2021, 09:11:53 »

Can no decisions on anything be made until then?

At least the 2 signings we have made are solid. No problems there.
They haven't actually signed yet just pre contracts, they can't sign properly until 1st July so can still back out if they wish to.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Flashheart

« Reply #36 on: Tuesday, June 29, 2021, 09:13:10 »

This is why I don't get the 'we just have to stay up' mindset.

Yes, we are at a disadvantage and we should not expect promotion as a result. But if Clem's genuine then the manager should have a decent budget to work with and be able to put together a reasonable squad by the time the season starts, with more to fill in later. We should still be able to put together a better squad than quite a few other teams in this league, albeit it with less time to prepare and some of the manager's first choices would already be taken (which is usually the case anyway)

Some people act as though we'd be operating on a threadbare squad of shit players and youths throughout the season. I don't get it, why would that be? I expect the manager to show he has what it takes to get us promoted in the 22/23 season, and just staying above the dotted line won't cut it.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, June 29, 2021, 09:24:35 by Flashheart » Logged
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday, June 29, 2021, 09:20:04 »

It's taking Clem long enough to get this takeover sorted, what signs are there he'll be more competent at staff recruitment or any other aspects of running the club? 
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday, June 29, 2021, 09:21:46 »

Some feedback from the Trust on our accounts. Most has already been covered but thought I would share anyway.

https://truststfc.tv/stfc-accounts-review-year-ending-may-2020/

re this bit - Profit of c£0.6m in 2019 was recognised as turnover in 2019, which has been reclassified as an admin expense (due to lack of detail, this is hard to explain at this point, but does appear quite odd)

Is it possible that this could be 'fiddling the books' and could potentially get the club in trouble? Or merely some kind of allowed accounting adjustment?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Tuesday, June 29, 2021, 09:45:14 »

Surely fiddling the books is nothing to do with club, per se. It’s the fiddler.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Tuesday, June 29, 2021, 09:54:28 »

Surely fiddling the books is nothing to do with club, per se. It’s the fiddler.

I've no idea, hence my question. You are probably right but we've been caught out in the past as a club financially haven't we?

Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Tuesday, June 29, 2021, 10:04:09 »

Some feedback from the Trust on our accounts. Most has already been covered but thought I would share anyway.

https://truststfc.tv/stfc-accounts-review-year-ending-may-2020/

re this bit - Profit of c£0.6m in 2019 was recognised as turnover in 2019, which has been reclassified as an admin expense (due to lack of detail, this is hard to explain at this point, but does appear quite odd)

Is it possible that this could be 'fiddling the books' and could potentially get the club in trouble? Or merely some kind of allowed accounting adjustment?

I'm no expert, but generally disposal of assets is a balance sheet transaction, not one that hits the profit and loss account.

Would 2019 coincide with the Highworth training ground? Could be something to do with that. £600k is a lot of money to "lose".

Without full details it's difficult to tell, but I'd hypothesise that something was sold for less than book value. Originally the sale price could've been accounted for as income, ignoring the loss, but has since (correctly) been restated as a cost due to it being sold for less than it was acquired.

Did the club by the land for the training ground, or did Power?
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Tuesday, June 29, 2021, 11:50:40 »

My understanding was that Power bought the land and the club would pay a "peppercorn rent" for using it.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Tuesday, June 29, 2021, 12:13:38 »

I haven't got time to look now, but pretty sure on the training ground planning application the club were the applicant, but they served formal notice on Lee Power as landowner - I vaguely recall this may have changed during the determination process.
Flashheart

« Reply #44 on: Tuesday, June 29, 2021, 12:15:20 »

Wouldn't it be funny if Power cocked up and accidentally gave the land to Clem as well?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: