Pages: 1 ... 91 92 93 [94] 95 96 97 ... 203   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The new, new manager thread. Thread closed.  (Read 277179 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #1395 on: Sunday, June 5, 2022, 11:33:41 »

I lose track, but wasn’t McGreal manager then?
TBH I lose track too, I think one was signed when we had no manager but this is Swindon, weird stuff happens all the time.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1396 on: Sunday, June 5, 2022, 11:34:44 »

Another twitter ITK reckons it’ll be a name nobody has heard of.

I’m going for Alf Shuttlebotham
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #1397 on: Sunday, June 5, 2022, 12:49:33 »

I’m sure Clem understands the importance of getting in the right man on and off the pitch. Won’t hit 6000 ST sales if fans perceive a lack of ambition with an unknown manager in charge.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #1398 on: Sunday, June 5, 2022, 13:06:57 »

I’m sure Clem understands the importance of getting in the right man on and off the pitch. Won’t hit 6000 ST sales if fans perceive a lack of ambition with an unknown manager in charge.
We wont hit 6k either way
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #1399 on: Sunday, June 5, 2022, 13:18:18 »

Charlton have released a statement denying reports that they are closing-in on a deal to appoint Swindon Town manager Ben Garner.

Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #1400 on: Sunday, June 5, 2022, 13:21:42 »

Another twitter ITK reckons it’ll be a name nobody has heard of.

I’m going for Alf Shuttlebotham

I’m not on twitter but I think that is spot on.
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #1401 on: Sunday, June 5, 2022, 13:23:04 »

Charlton have released a statement denying reports that they are closing-in on a deal to appoint Swindon Town manager Ben Garner.

This is the statement:

“Please find below a club update on the managerial search for the men's first team.

In an effort to update our fans, while the club remains focused on finding the right manager we are still not at a point where a final decision has been made.

The club recognises that multiple stories are being shared on social media, despite not being confirmed and providing inaccurate information to fans. We acknowledge that while we are unable to control or respond to every opinion, inaccuracy, or false statement posted by media, fans or others, the club will communicate relevant details as soon as information is confirmed and can be released publicly.

Fans taking the information in these stories as factually correct, should be aware that nothing has been confirmed by the club.

Because of the nature of negotiations, the club are limited with how much detail can be communicated externally around a managerial search or indeed any transfer, as is usually the case with negotiations in any business, not just football.”

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #1402 on: Sunday, June 5, 2022, 13:23:55 »

Unknown manager wouldn't necessarily equal a lack of ambition.
But as you imply, it's about fan perception.
Initial reactions probably wouldn't be positive but first impressions have been wrong before.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
sir windon

Ignore
« Reply #1403 on: Sunday, June 5, 2022, 13:30:42 »

Don’t know much about these things but is it possible that it’s all been so cloak and dagger since Garner’s potential exit was first mooted because Charlton have broken some rules in approaching him?
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #1404 on: Sunday, June 5, 2022, 13:31:13 »

I lose track, but wasn’t McGreal manager then?

Maybe we'll get McGreal back for a month?
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #1405 on: Sunday, June 5, 2022, 13:31:47 »

This is the statement:

“Please find below a club update on the managerial search for the men's first team.

In an effort to update our fans, while the club remains focused on finding the right manager we are still not at a point where a final decision has been made.

The club recognises that multiple stories are being shared on social media, despite not being confirmed and providing inaccurate information to fans. We acknowledge that while we are unable to control or respond to every opinion, inaccuracy, or false statement posted by media, fans or others, the club will communicate relevant details as soon as information is confirmed and can be released publicly.

Fans taking the information in these stories as factually correct, should be aware that nothing has been confirmed by the club.

Because of the nature of negotiations, the club are limited with how much detail can be communicated externally around a managerial search or indeed any transfer, as is usually the case with negotiations in any business, not just football.”

They really are desperate to be seen as having an element of control of the situation. Almost like they aren’t appointing him at this point just to get one over on the journalist. The terms are probably being changed as we speak!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1406 on: Sunday, June 5, 2022, 13:32:21 »

could be, or could be they are trying to avoid doing so.

it's the clumsiest manager announcement I can remember involving us
Hyabb17

Ignore
« Reply #1407 on: Sunday, June 5, 2022, 13:35:21 »

Regardless of what Charlton do now Garner won’t be at Swindon, he can’t be.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #1408 on: Sunday, June 5, 2022, 13:36:58 »

It's all a bit embarrassing now  Smiley
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #1409 on: Sunday, June 5, 2022, 13:38:32 »

Regardless of what Charlton do now Garner won’t be at Swindon, he can’t be.

But if Charlton do pull the plug, Garner is still technically contracted to us. We’d have to sack him no?

What a shit show
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 93 [94] 95 96 97 ... 203   Go Up
Print
Jump to: