Pages: 1 ... 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86 ... 203   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The new, new manager thread. Thread closed.  (Read 276912 times)
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #1230 on: Thursday, June 2, 2022, 21:18:51 »

What was Garner's playing career? Has any question or query been raised as to whether he should be coaching in the lower reaches of the football league?
Injury ended his career at a young age.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
kaufman

« Reply #1231 on: Friday, June 3, 2022, 06:50:01 »

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/20184868.clem-morfuni-unable-shed-much-light-ben-chorley-quit-swindon-town/

Sounds like no DOF
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #1232 on: Friday, June 3, 2022, 06:57:17 »

I’m not sure football related questions are our Chairman’s forte. But they’re still mates, which comes as a relief to us all!
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #1233 on: Friday, June 3, 2022, 07:10:03 »

I'm not so sure Clem is telling the whole story as there were rumours Chorley would be going at the end of the season  two months ago. Also its a bit odd that he's saying he's not sure if we need a DOF and may need to change tactics!
Maybe I'm wrong but it sounds like the club are trying to reduce its outgoings starting with a DOF salary.
« Last Edit: Friday, June 3, 2022, 07:15:04 by Jimmy QuitMoaning » Logged

So, give no fucks
kaufman

« Reply #1234 on: Friday, June 3, 2022, 07:14:30 »

I tweeted this the other day and have not seen anyone else mention it.
https://thepfsa.co.uk/the-pfsa-partner-with-swindon-town-to-provide-scouting-and-analysis-courses/
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #1235 on: Friday, June 3, 2022, 07:23:15 »

I’m not sure football related questions are our Chairman’s forte. But they’re still mates, which comes as a relief to us all!
I think that's a lost in translation moment. Being 'mates' is important thing for Aussies. What I think he was trying to get across is that there weren't any behind the scenes issues that forced him out. Chorley has decided for his own reasons (probably a better opportunity elsewhere) to walk away. Morfuni is looking at a number of options to replace him (and Garner, if he goes) and is open to a DoF/Coach or single Manager option.

I do wonder whether it was always the plan to bring all of these people into the club in the short term to help us survive. Then, at the end of the season, with job done, many are looking elsewhere.

We'll see. It will be an interesting few weeks again I guess.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #1236 on: Friday, June 3, 2022, 07:33:43 »

I'm not so sure Clem is telling the whole story as there were rumours Chorley would be going at the end of the season  two months ago. Also its a bit odd that he's saying he's not sure if we need a DOF and may need to change tactics!
Maybe I'm wrong but it sounds like the club are trying to reduce its outgoings starting with a DOF salary.
I think he's probably playing the diplomat a little bit with Chorley. It's not up to him to say if Chorley has been offered a job elsewhere, it is up to Chorley whether he wants to say so, or not. As someone else pointed out, though, I'm sure it's a relief to everyone to know that they are still friends  Cool

Regarding whether, or not, he has a DOF, maybe the potential new managers interviewed so far have suggested that they would prefer not to have one....
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #1237 on: Friday, June 3, 2022, 07:44:19 »

Totally agree, i mean it isn;t as if they have said the budget is 40% higher and we are investing in the pitch the club shop and the training ground. Agree, stinks of cuts to me
kaufman

« Reply #1238 on: Friday, June 3, 2022, 07:48:10 »

Totally agree, i mean it isn;t as if they have said the budget is 40% higher and we are investing in the pitch the club shop and the training ground. Agree, stinks of cuts to me

Oh a percentage quote? Where was this published?
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #1239 on: Friday, June 3, 2022, 08:11:39 »

[/quote]
I tweeted this the other day and have not seen anyone else mention it.
https://thepfsa.co.uk/the-pfsa-partner-with-swindon-town-to-provide-scouting-and-analysis-courses/

We have a Head of Recruitment? Les Caffery is a new name to me. Seems to have been here all season.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #1240 on: Friday, June 3, 2022, 08:13:38 »

More internet bullshit.
If the budget isn’t being cut why didn’t we offer Conroy a substantial pay rise?
Eh eh eh?

Just making stuff up aren’t you?

Just the usual gossip over breakfast with you and your mate? I bet
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #1241 on: Friday, June 3, 2022, 08:32:58 »

More internet bullshit.
If the budget isn’t being cut why didn’t we offer Conroy a substantial pay rise?
Eh eh eh?

Just making stuff up aren’t you?

Just the usual gossip over breakfast with you and your mate? I bet
:Ride On Fatbury's Lovestick:I love you Div
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1242 on: Friday, June 3, 2022, 09:15:42 »

40% playing budget increase? where did that come from?

some of it is for retaining players like Williams and Reed. They have to be paid what they're worth, not what the embargo enforced.

which is brilliant to be able to do
------
There is no way in hell Clem is going to reveal why Chorley left, nor should he.

the normal reasons are
   - family/personal
   - falling out with someone
   - restricted job (budget, remit)
   - got an offer he couldn't refuse and we couldn't match

who knows.
------
very suprised we aren't going down the DoF/manager model - ok not ruled out..

guess there are a manager or two in the running who want control
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #1243 on: Friday, June 3, 2022, 09:41:21 »

:Ride On Fatbury's Lovestick:I love you Div

I hope you pick up the bill….
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #1244 on: Friday, June 3, 2022, 10:09:52 »

very suprised we aren't going down the DoF/manager model - ok not ruled out..

guess there are a manager or two in the running who want control

I’m guessing that what Clem means is that it won’t be enforced on any candidate.

We wouldn’t want to lose a great candidate just because we have a DOF, so is open to either model
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86 ... 203   Go Up
Print
Jump to: