Pages: 1 ... 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 ... 203   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The new, new manager thread. Thread closed.  (Read 275163 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #1020 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2022, 10:23:17 »

Perhaps it's simply how Clem and the Charlton board have agreed to go about the business. In reality there is no reason I can think of why we couldn't make a statement to say 'Swindon Town have accepted an approach from Charlton to speak to Ben Garner, we are in discussions around Compensation blah blah'

For me, it does seem slightly strange that that hasn't happened in this manner, but maybe the 2 clubs agreed to keep schtum until the deal has been done. If there was no truth in Garner to Charlton then I expect it would have been stated by Clem already.

Goo points you make but how was it then leaked to the journo if all parties agree to keep quiet🤔

So, give no fucks
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1021 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2022, 10:23:47 »

Exactly, Bob! I fail to see who benefits from keeping schtum. Certainly not us.

Comes under a duty of care to the fans!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1022 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2022, 10:27:38 »

Goo points you make but how was it then leaked to the journo if all parties agree to keep quiet🤔

No idea Jimmy but journalists generally seem to be able to get to the bottom of these things somehow don't they?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #1023 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2022, 10:28:32 »

I fail to see who benefits from keeping schtum. Certainly not us.

We certainly do if the compensation package if favourable.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #1024 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2022, 10:28:59 »

No idea Jimmy but journalists generally seem to be able to get to the bottom of these things somehow don't they?

They do Bob but sometimes end up stirring a hornets nest😀

So, give no fucks
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #1025 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2022, 10:29:43 »

Exactly, Bob! I fail to see who benefits from keeping schtum. Certainly not us.

Comes under a duty of care to the fans!

I'm in agreement. I think the Charlton owners are a bit unusual but I guess if that's what they have asked, perhaps Clem has gone along with it in a professional manner. Maybe the leak that Jimmy alluded to was created by us in order to provide some updates to fans. Or maybe that's just tinfoil hat nonsense!! Smiley

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #1026 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2022, 10:31:33 »

We certainly do if the compensation package if favourable.

Fair point. Like a bribe to keep things quiet for whatever reason.

It's getting a bit boring now, wish it would just happen and we can begin to speculate about Ben squared's replacements.

Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #1027 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2022, 10:32:10 »

There is always at least one character at every club that are "friends" with certain journalists..  It affords them a certain level of leverage in the future..  and allows them to call in favours about future stories, it's how the world works

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #1028 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2022, 10:32:16 »

They do Bob but sometimes end up stirring a hornets nest😀

That's Watford! Smiley

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1029 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2022, 10:33:38 »

It's getting a bit boring now, wish it would just happen and we can begin to speculate about Ben squared's replacements.
I imagine there’s a set buy out clause.

Just like the one Wellens has at Orient!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #1030 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2022, 10:34:41 »

I wonder if what we say about Garner impacts our ability to interview for his replacement?

Like, if we came out and said Garner has spoke to Charlton, we’ve agreed compensation but it hasn’t gone though yet - would there then be repercussions if we started interviewing for a position we just announced wasn’t open yet?

adje

Ignore
« Reply #1031 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2022, 10:35:34 »

Post of the week award goes to Berniman. Let all enjoy the long weekend, chill, have a few beers and await further news. In Clem and Angus we trust, until its proved otherwise.
...4 pages later...🙂

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #1032 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2022, 10:36:41 »

Just as a hypothetical (and there is absolutely no truth in this whatsoever) imagine a conversation like this.

"Clem mate, we have an issue with timing, if you stay radio silent on this for the next 2 weeks to allow us to get our shit together, we will loan you DJ for next season and pay half of his wages, what do you think?"

This is the problem with not knowing the whole story, and as fans, we never will..  that is why it is best to just relax and wait for news

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #1033 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2022, 10:40:47 »

Just as a hypothetical (and there is absolutely no truth in this whatsoever) imagine a conversation like this.

"Clem mate, we have an issue with timing, if you stay radio silent on this for the next 2 weeks to allow us to get our shit together, we will loan you DJ for next season and pay half of his wages, what do you think?"

This is the problem with not knowing the whole story, and as fans, we never will..  that is why it is best to just relax and wait for news

Funnily enough I was thinking earlier that there might be sweeteners in any potential future loan players or something. DJ back for a season would be lovely!

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #1034 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2022, 10:45:36 »

Funnily enough I was thinking earlier that there might be sweeteners in any potential future loan players or something. DJ back for a season would be lovely!
[/quote

Or Davison plus a little compo😀

So, give no fucks
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 ... 203   Go Up
Print
Jump to: