Pages: 1 ... 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 ... 203   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The new, new manager thread. Thread closed.  (Read 277788 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #990 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2022, 09:48:28 »

They will likely have to wait until Garner is back, will not want to announce him without the obligatory scarf above the head photo - wouldn't look good.

Can you imagine if Garner got to his Holiday hotel and realised that there were some fans from Swindon staying there as well Cheesy I bet he doesn't lay a STFC scarf out on the sunbed..

Indeed.

Think all the club could say is "permission to talk granted", but we kind of know that already
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #991 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2022, 09:51:51 »

That doesn’t prevent STFC from just saying Garner has left the club - a la Chorley
This.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #992 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2022, 09:52:56 »

That doesn’t prevent STFC from just saying Garner has left the club - a la Chorley
It does if he hasn't.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #993 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2022, 09:54:22 »

Indeed.

Think all the club could say is "permission to talk granted", but we kind of know that already
But that’s the point. We don’t know. Not for sure. It’s all assumptions.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #994 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2022, 09:54:29 »

Did you get any "info" from Zav, or was that alleged to happen at the sponsors evening? Were you at that?

Yeah I was there.  I didn't speak to Zav directly (even though he bought our group a pint, cheers Zav Cheesy) but members of my group heard the same thing, either from him or indirectly from him, that new additional debt had been found.  I didn't hear the context though so can't say if what he actually said was taken out of context.  What I will say though from what I witnessed is that old Zav likes the attention from the fans and certainly enjoys the PR side of a night like the players awards (not that you can say that the message delivered was good PR).  I can confirm that he was wearing a suit and not walking around in a pair of pink neon budgie smugglers though.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #995 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2022, 09:55:26 »

It does until he has signed the contract - otherwise he is still under contract with us

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #996 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2022, 09:55:38 »

Thanks Bernie.

FWIW I think you have to take what was said by Zav with a pinch of salt. But at least it confirms why the rumours circulated.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #997 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2022, 09:57:05 »

It does if he hasn't.
Again, if he hasn’t the club could say that. They’ve said the square root of fuck all.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #998 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2022, 09:57:12 »

But the point is he hasn't.......yet. It doesn't become official until he has signed for another club. He might have had an offer but might not have signed it yet.

Not sure how many times this has to be explained by how many different people:

- Chorley gone
- Garner PROBABLY going.
- No announcement as its at contractual negotiations stage.
- Club working hard in background on key positions
- Clem extends his stay in UK by 10 days
- Lots of people currently on holiday
- Announcements likely delayed until after Jubilee weekend.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #999 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2022, 09:57:39 »

But that’s the point. We don’t know. Not for sure. It’s all assumptions.

Ok, but the inference of no STFC statement is that this has happened. There is zero point in not saying ""no approach has been made" or "permission refused".

Now we can only wait for events to unfold.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1000 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2022, 09:58:40 »

If he hasn’t left why are the club looking for a replacement.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #1001 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2022, 09:59:05 »

Thanks Bernie.

FWIW I think you have to take what was said by Zav with a pinch of salt. But at least it confirms why the rumours circulated.

I do, that is why I didn't post anything on here.  Back to my war and peace post about listening to who you trust.  I did discuss what I heard with people I trust and we were all in agreement that it didn't entirely sit right with us, so wait and see before posting anything and getting hung out to dry.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, May 31, 2022, 10:06:04 by Berniman » Logged

ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #1002 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2022, 10:00:47 »

It sounds like its a done deal but with TS and Garner on holiday, they're still yet to sign the official paperwork, meaning the club can't comment until they're back.

Which is where the "after jubilee weekend" thing comes from.

Seems easy enough to understand to me.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1003 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2022, 10:00:57 »

We have 1 month until pre-season. Surely that's good planning.

I guess we don't *know*. But it also makes zero sense to wait to make such announcement of him leaving if it were possible to do so. I therefore infer it is not possible.

Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #1004 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2022, 10:01:20 »

I'd venture that it could be because he 'might' be leaving and they don't want to be unprepared if he does perhaps?

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 ... 203   Go Up
Print
Jump to: