Pages: 1 ... 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 ... 203   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The new, new manager thread. Thread closed.  (Read 277160 times)
WEBBERhyde

Ignore
« Reply #780 on: Monday, May 30, 2022, 14:29:52 »

When the Garner story broke, i was musing to friends, "what is it that keeps DOFs at clubs then?". Are they not subject to the same salary/profile progression as any other lower league manager or player?

To my mind it wouldn't be surprising if he's been headhunted by a bigger club, which obviously shits all over the idea that you get stability from a DOF model if managers were to move on.

This is my reasoning to avoid having to think about the other option of the club being royally fucked/out of money in the background, anyway.  Crash
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #781 on: Monday, May 30, 2022, 14:30:11 »

I'm hoping he's joining Garner - if not then it stinks....

My gut says it's more likely to be Orient..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #782 on: Monday, May 30, 2022, 14:30:49 »

This club is ridiculous. There was me expecting a routine pre season this time around.

Supermarine, Eastleigh, Melksham.....seems pretty routine.
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #783 on: Monday, May 30, 2022, 14:31:39 »

Just speculation, but it would make sense that Charlton would want both Garner and Chorley.  
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #784 on: Monday, May 30, 2022, 14:33:19 »

This is pure speculation and based purely on the baseless rumours about budget cuts and debt etc.

However assuming the debt thing is true, perhaps we can't afford to have a manager/coach and DOF in the structure and we'll go for the old fashioned manager that prefers to work alone.

Who the fuck knows really, should be an interesting week, although I think I said that last week as well!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #785 on: Monday, May 30, 2022, 14:33:25 »

Why would he say on local radio he’s excited about our transfer targets 🤷🏻‍♂️ Believe none of it. Why would a creditor Who’s owed millions not make yourself know at time of take over?

Just to get into the spirit of things* but could the club be bracing itself to having to pick up the Standing dues.

*i.e. wild and way off the mark speculation.
« Last Edit: Monday, May 30, 2022, 14:35:32 by Wobbly Bob » Logged

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #786 on: Monday, May 30, 2022, 14:34:09 »

Supermarine, Eastleigh, Melksham.....seems pretty routine.

Along with Cardiff and one or two others!

So, give no fucks
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #787 on: Monday, May 30, 2022, 14:34:15 »

My gut says it's more likely to be Orient..

Could be, used to play for them.
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #788 on: Monday, May 30, 2022, 14:37:24 »

So for the past few months, all the targets that Chorley and Garner were planning for next season are a complete waste of time. Brilliant.

Something isn't right. Ringing fans begging to waive refunds, extending ST renewals, talks of budget cuts etc. I feel a bit sick tbh.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #789 on: Monday, May 30, 2022, 14:42:42 »

So for the past few months, all the targets that Chorley and Garner were planning for next season are a complete waste of time. Brilliant.

Not entirely. All of the players that Chorley was paid for by us to scout, tap up, etc, will now roll up at whichever club he ends up at. If that’s FC Karachi, then maybe the mystery link will start to pay off, as we can (immovable immigration laws aside) just loan them here after they’ve signed for Karachi.
Hyabb17

Ignore
« Reply #790 on: Monday, May 30, 2022, 14:44:55 »

Like other have said, perhaps the trust chap on here can shed some light, any light as the past week 5 days has made all Town fans fear the worse again. Something doesn't appear to be right.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #791 on: Monday, May 30, 2022, 14:45:53 »

On the plus side - that’s now 4 lots of compo!
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #792 on: Monday, May 30, 2022, 14:46:51 »

Where's all the ITK's when you need them😀

So, give no fucks
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #793 on: Monday, May 30, 2022, 14:47:40 »

Chorley resigned

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #794 on: Monday, May 30, 2022, 14:48:14 »

Do you get Compo for a DOF who resigns?
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 ... 203   Go Up
Print
Jump to: