Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 ... 203   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The new, new manager thread. Thread closed.  (Read 277292 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #735 on: Monday, May 30, 2022, 13:14:47 »

That’s not Garners fault though.
Unless he has not accepted their (bonus related) offer, as has been suggested.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #736 on: Monday, May 30, 2022, 13:15:17 »

Who knows? Whatever, managers leaving one club for another aren’t like this saga.

He was happy enough to sign a 4 year deal then bale at the first opportunity.

That spells cunt, to me. Although, perversely, I’ll be glad when he’s gone. Just don’t like getting screwed over.
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #737 on: Monday, May 30, 2022, 13:18:20 »

Not fussed either way just hope it doesn't drag on and start to effect our summers recruitment etc.

Think he should probably go but if he stays and we make a couple of decent signings I think most fans would probably move on pretty quickly.
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #738 on: Monday, May 30, 2022, 13:21:07 »

If ever there was a time for Clem Morfuni to stand up and make a statement it's now.

It seems Clem owns STFC via several shelf companies who in truth nobody really can tell or knows who and how much is owed by them.

If it's correct what posters have said that Austin claims an other few million pounds of debt has some now appeared the question must be Clem Where has hell has this debt come from and who is it owed too.?
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #739 on: Monday, May 30, 2022, 13:23:09 »

Clean break preferable.

Garner is central to the squad that is built.

1.  How does his Charlton ambition sit with players who might otherwise be attracted to work under him?
2.  How does that ambition contribute to the CG atmosphere (not always the most robust) when things are not going our way?
3.  How would the usual "manager under pressure" guff sit with the fans: "I am dedicated to seeing X Football Club promoted/avoid relegation and won't be going anywhere unless advised otherwise".

I accept managers have careers.  However, the squad, the staff, the fans need a coach/leader who will inspire and who is clearly committed to the season, to the next phase at least of the project.

There will be less cost and less disruption if we get rid now and start with a clean slate, imo.
« Last Edit: Monday, May 30, 2022, 13:25:28 by RedRag » Logged
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #740 on: Monday, May 30, 2022, 13:32:09 »

Would we have to pay up his 4 year contract in full anyway?

He should get another job that matches our presumably modest wages with ease.  That mitigates any claim in most fields of employment.

Townend80

Ignore
« Reply #741 on: Monday, May 30, 2022, 13:34:38 »

Why would Zavier try to scare fans?

Why would he say on local radio he’s excited about our transfer targets 🤷🏻‍♂️ Believe none of it. Why would a creditor Who’s owed millions not make yourself know at time of take over?
BenTheRed

Ignore
« Reply #742 on: Monday, May 30, 2022, 13:37:37 »

I'd be more upset if Chorley leaves tbh

A manager leaves for another club at the first glimpse of suggested success or they get sacked for a poor run..there's no loyalty either way.. the life expediency of a league manager is pretty short and this should be baked into any long term strategy and this is where the DOF comes into it.

Best get interviewing/shortlisting now and ready to get things moving asap when it's needed.
bathford

Ignore
« Reply #743 on: Monday, May 30, 2022, 13:50:11 »

Rob Angus told me at the home P.O game that BG already had his new targets identified regardless of scenario. Why do that then leave? The whole thing is strange.

Mind you, we didn’t know what was really behind Wellen’s decision until it was too late.
Townend80

Ignore
« Reply #744 on: Monday, May 30, 2022, 13:52:11 »

He’d not been approached then. You must remember Charlton are a bigger club, bigger budget in a higher league not to mention garner is from that neck of the woods. Course he’s interested
Moss

Ignore
« Reply #745 on: Monday, May 30, 2022, 13:53:26 »

Who knows? Whatever, managers leaving one club for another aren’t like this saga.

He was happy enough to sign a 4 year deal then bale at the first opportunity.

That spells cunt, to me. Although, perversely, I’ll be glad when he’s gone. Just don’t like getting screwed over.

FFS - of course he was happy to sign a 4 year deal. That's 4 years wages if he gets sacked.

If that means he's a cunt then I'd suggest by your definition everyone you know is a cunt.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #746 on: Monday, May 30, 2022, 13:55:32 »

Chorley has resigned. On Official site.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #747 on: Monday, May 30, 2022, 13:58:44 »

Oh fuck.

Not hitting the panic button yet, but certainly have got it out of the draw and plugged it in.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #748 on: Monday, May 30, 2022, 13:59:13 »

Something's rotten in the state of Denmark.

Very rotten...panic button at the ready...
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #749 on: Monday, May 30, 2022, 13:59:48 »

Cue meltdown. Bad news. No way of spinning it otherwise. Interesting that the club has asked the fans to “bare with” them though. That’s the last thing we need.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 ... 203   Go Up
Print
Jump to: