Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 ... 203   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The new, new manager thread. Thread closed.  (Read 277101 times)
Hyabb17

Ignore
« Reply #720 on: Monday, May 30, 2022, 12:16:40 »

Cue an announcement this afternoon  
bathford

Ignore
« Reply #721 on: Monday, May 30, 2022, 12:20:14 »

If CAFC decide against BG, is his position untenable?
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #722 on: Monday, May 30, 2022, 12:22:23 »

Yes
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #723 on: Monday, May 30, 2022, 12:22:27 »

Cue an announcement this afternoon  

100% guaranteed*

* not a guarantee

If CAFC decide against BG, is his position untenable?

Difficult one. The club say "he's decided to stay at Swindon" then what?
He's going to be under enormous pressure to get the team into at least the playoffs early on. But wasn't he anyway?
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #724 on: Monday, May 30, 2022, 12:28:11 »

He clearly wanted to talk to Charlton which means he does not see his long term future here
Townend80

Ignore
« Reply #725 on: Monday, May 30, 2022, 12:30:45 »

Budget definately being cut, thats 100% true.

ALL the players offered new terms have been offered reduced terms from their previous contracts, Chorley wanted by Charlton and Orient, staff cuts due soon too, not 1st team staff but staff cuts in the background to save money.

Zavier admitting that extra debt has been found, he mentioned several million.

Club is pulling in purse strings, that came from Zaviers mouth at the sponsors evening.

BS if I was a creditor and was owed ‘millions’ o would not wait a full year to make myself known.

Scaremongering lies
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #726 on: Monday, May 30, 2022, 12:30:56 »

He clearly wanted to talk to Charlton which means he does not see his long term future here

Indeed, but (even ignoring recent conversations) we surely can't afford to sack him out of his contract.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #727 on: Monday, May 30, 2022, 12:42:55 »

Indeed, but (even ignoring recent conversations) we surely can't afford to sack him out of his contract.

That is the catch 22 surely, do we keep him and fear that if he gets off to a good start another club will offer him a job and he will be off leaving us looking for a new manager and hope a new manager  can work with existing players or do we decide to keep Garner and and hope he decides to stay and not walk at first opportunity.

Also, with it out there, fans will have less patience with him the first sign of a couple of bad games, fans will want him sacked and it will affect morale of the team - not good for a club wanting promotion

And then there is the player factor - playing for a manager that potentially wants to leave - will they give 100% for him, will players renew contracts thinking the manager could be off and not knowing who they will be playing for
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #728 on: Monday, May 30, 2022, 12:44:15 »

I'd rather he was gone now tbh.

Its a shame, but he's kind of backed himself into his own corner (with the help of the journo)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #729 on: Monday, May 30, 2022, 12:54:30 »

I'd rather he was gone now tbh.

Its a shame, but he's kind of backed himself into his own corner (with the help of the journo)
This.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Jilted John

Ignore
« Reply #730 on: Monday, May 30, 2022, 12:56:59 »

BS if I was a creditor and was owed ‘millions’ o would not wait a full year to make myself known.

Scaremongering lies
Why would Zavier try to scare fans?

We're not really violent people... this is our first gun.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #731 on: Monday, May 30, 2022, 12:59:31 »

So he doesn’t get beaten up on his doorstep again?
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #732 on: Monday, May 30, 2022, 13:02:48 »

That is the catch 22 surely, do we keep him and fear that if he gets off to a good start another club will offer him a job and he will be off leaving us looking for a new manager and hope a new manager  can work with existing players or do we decide to keep Garner and and hope he decides to stay and not walk at first opportunity.

Also, with it out there, fans will have less patience with him the first sign of a couple of bad games, fans will want him sacked and it will affect morale of the team - not good for a club wanting promotion

And then there is the player factor - playing for a manager that potentially wants to leave - will they give 100% for him, will players renew contracts thinking the manager could be off and not knowing who they will be playing for

The problem I have with this argument is that any aspiring young manager/coach with career ambitions and a mortgage to pay will want some career progression when it's offered.  Talk of 'loyalty' makes very little sense in that context.  Why should Ben Garner put loyalty to his employer above all these other considerations?

His line of work is brutal.  A string of bad results, and he's gone.  The loyalty argument doesn't sit right with me at all.  The rest of us would reasonably expect to be able to take our talents to a new employer if that employer was offering an improved package and better career prospects.  So why not BG?  Sure, it's disappointing as fan to see a manager who had a decent first season move on.  But that's football, and that's Swindon.  We should be used to this by now.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #733 on: Monday, May 30, 2022, 13:06:05 »

Not many are fussed if he goes. It’s being left dangling on a string that has pissed people off.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #734 on: Monday, May 30, 2022, 13:11:37 »

Not many are fussed if he goes. It’s being left dangling on a string that has pissed people off.

That’s not Garners fault though.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 ... 203   Go Up
Print
Jump to: