Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 ... 203   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The new, new manager thread. Thread closed.  (Read 275131 times)
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #525 on: Friday, May 27, 2022, 08:21:24 »

Late night tweets from the Charlton owner

I'm calling Fake News. The screenshots don't look like Twitter (no handle etc) and I can't find those posts anywhere.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #526 on: Friday, May 27, 2022, 08:36:45 »

Charlton seem to think he will be announced today with the proviso he doesn’t take any players from us.

Whether that’s feasible or even enforceable, I don’t know.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #527 on: Friday, May 27, 2022, 08:39:57 »

Come on Charlton just fucking get it sorted so we can get on with a manager search, although I am certain that Chorley has made contact already with some candidates, he would be silly not to have.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #528 on: Friday, May 27, 2022, 08:43:21 »

I wouldn’t be surprised if Chorley is what has caused the delay.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #529 on: Friday, May 27, 2022, 08:45:00 »

Of course, there is always the possibility that as soon as Garner is announced at Charlton, that we quickly announce our new manager. If he interviewed last weekend and assuming we knew and gave permission, the wheels should have been in motion to search for our replacement for nearly a week. If Chorley has a list ready to go at any point in time, it’s perfectly possible that (a) we’ve interviewed and (b) there aren’t the same complications that Charlton might have experienced, especially if we are after an out of work manager.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #530 on: Friday, May 27, 2022, 08:47:31 »

If Garner was interviewed on the 21st, then I presume Clem was contacted well before that to seek permission to approach him. Got the feeling first contact was before the POs.

Wouldn’t be surprised if it was a twin announcement of Garner going and his replacement signing.

Well, slap my thigh. Great minds
CMT82

Ignore
« Reply #531 on: Friday, May 27, 2022, 08:48:56 »

A good sign it hasn't been done quickly - appears that RA/CM aren't rolling over and accepting the first offer of compensation, which may have been the case in previous years. Don't want it rolling on too long though, no doubt a list of people waiting to formally apply - if they haven't already...
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #532 on: Friday, May 27, 2022, 09:00:22 »

wellens was a good relationship, but he told some lies, cheated on us and went off with another club. he has been with a few others since and i just dont know if i could take him back. i couldn't trust him not to run off again. its a no from me.

go get carrick cmon clem.

And you don't think Carrick would run off?

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #533 on: Friday, May 27, 2022, 09:10:24 »

My spidey sense says it will be Mark Delaney
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #534 on: Friday, May 27, 2022, 09:15:47 »

My spidey sense says it will be Mark Delaney

I wouldn't be unhappy with this. We seem to have a good relationship with Villa re the loan signings of KKH and Barry so it makes sense.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
bathford

Ignore
« Reply #535 on: Friday, May 27, 2022, 09:16:32 »

If they want his team as well, fair enough. I’d be most concerned about loosing Chorley.

However, if they all go the comp will go a long way towards making us debt free. That has to be in the minds of RA/CM.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #536 on: Friday, May 27, 2022, 09:21:30 »

I'm calling Fake News. The screenshots don't look like Twitter (no handle etc) and I can't find those posts anywhere.
May not be twitter. I don’t do much social media stuff so it could be one of the others. That shot was contained within someone else’s tweet
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #537 on: Friday, May 27, 2022, 09:25:24 »

May not be twitter. I don’t do much social media stuff so it could be one of the others. That shot was contained within someone else’s tweet

I read somewhere that their chairman was sending messages via Linkedin so it could have been there?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #538 on: Friday, May 27, 2022, 09:28:45 »

I read somewhere that their chairman was sending messages via Linkedin so it could have been there?

Fair enough. To me it looks like somebody's chucked it together on Photoshop or similar but who knows.

Ah could be, does look like it. Again though, wouldn't be surprised if it's someone havign us all on. Time will tell.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #539 on: Friday, May 27, 2022, 09:31:42 »

Fair enough. To me it looks like somebody's chucked it together on Photoshop or similar but who knows.

Ah could be, does look like it. Again though, wouldn't be surprised if it's someone havign us all on. Time will tell.

Neither club are saying very much, nay, anything at all. I'd hope at the very least we might put out a statement giving some sort of update.

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 ... 203   Go Up
Print
Jump to: