Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 203   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The new, new manager thread. Thread closed.  (Read 277201 times)
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: Thursday, May 26, 2022, 07:52:18 »

Initial reaction is that this is a blow since it stalls the momentum we have built over the season and might put doubts in the minds of some of the players, especially those yet to sign a new deal. However, it's all about the replacement. Get the right person in and maybe we can excite those players and attract the right new recruits too.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: Thursday, May 26, 2022, 07:52:31 »

I expected to win the Play Offs last week.

Pre season at Weymouth i expected a battle to stay in the League.

So...the expectation was increased.

Clems Army!
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: Thursday, May 26, 2022, 07:55:42 »

On a point of order, is this now the ‘new, new, new manager thread’ ?
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: Thursday, May 26, 2022, 07:58:36 »

Morfuni said in a statement released by the club that he was keen to implement a DoF and head coach model rather than a traditional manager "because I want continuity to run through the club."

Morfuni went on to highlight that if the head coach moves on for whatever reason, the philosophy of the club remains the same and the playing staff would then not need "a complete overhaul" every summer.

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/19459552.ben-garner-named-swindon-town-manager---ben-chorley-appointed-director-football/

Time to put this to the test! I've seen Carrick, Mason and Garrard all mentioned. No idea how realistic these are but I'd be fairly pleased to see any of them given the chance.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: Thursday, May 26, 2022, 08:02:42 »

At least the club will get some compensation

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/20166106.ben-garner-set-leave-swindon-town-become-charlton-athletic-boss---reports/

So, give no fucks
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: Thursday, May 26, 2022, 08:05:20 »

Shit from Garner. Don't think he'll last the season at Charlton who won't accept anything less than promotion it seems (probably could say the same about us next season)

Throws some instability into the momentum that was building and that is incredibly disappointing. I wasn't too gutted at Vale because I thought we'd have a real crack next season and this certainly puts a spanner in
magicroundaboutred

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: Thursday, May 26, 2022, 08:06:08 »

Luke Garrard would be a good choice, done a great job at Boreham Wood.
river monster

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: Thursday, May 26, 2022, 08:07:29 »

JJ was just appointed AFC Wimbledon manager

Ah missed that, cheers.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: Thursday, May 26, 2022, 08:08:57 »

I'm surprised Paul Tusdale hasn't yet been mentioned not that we want him here😀

So, give no fucks
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: Thursday, May 26, 2022, 08:09:37 »

Luke Garrard would be a good choice, done a great job at Boreham Wood.

Couldn’t say that I’ve watched much of Boreham Wood, but aren’t they a fairly physical side? Wouldn’t be a natural fit with the squad and DOF if so.

I’m expecting someone with a background in youth coaching. It’d be fun if it was a Carrick/Mason type name but that only increases the risk of them getting poached again the first time we put a decent run together.

We do seem to have had an above average amount of managers poached over the last decade or so, even the non-outstanding ones (Yes, I am looking at you Mr. Flitcroft)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: Thursday, May 26, 2022, 08:11:31 »

They played some decent football in the FA Cup games earlier this year

So, give no fucks
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #296 on: Thursday, May 26, 2022, 08:14:34 »

From a pure football appointment not bitterly disappointed but he has done well first season.
Was a cheap option and brought in to develop and coach young players - he passed that test.

As a Manager I have my reservations and still believe a yes Man controlled from the top.
Can’t see Chorley staying and actually thought he would be going before Garner.

Just wondering the intent now from Hierarchy at the top and what they do next?
As this seasons model will be the same as last, cheap young loanees and development, I would think another Garner type coach will be brought in.
The debt is being reduced and no doubt ground purchase and an asset appears to be the main priority however the fans have backed the project and need to see investment on the pitch.

We need to be competing in the top 6 clubs at least in this division for talent.
Last season a free hit, this one we simply have to be challenging a top 3 finish.

Interesting month ahead.
Very interesting month. Think you will be spot on about Chorley, i can see the whole management team including him there at Charlton. Garner really leans on them and Chorley in particular
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: Thursday, May 26, 2022, 08:16:33 »

At least it’s good timing relatively speaking, signings never really start to happen until contracts expire in another month or so and that’s Chorley’s job anyway.

No reason why a new gaffer can’t be in place by whenever the players report back for preseason and disruption will be minimal
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #298 on: Thursday, May 26, 2022, 08:17:18 »

Shit from Garner. Don't think he'll last the season at Charlton who won't accept anything less than promotion it seems (probably could say the same about us next season)

Throws some instability into the momentum that was building and that is incredibly disappointing. I wasn't too gutted at Vale because I thought we'd have a real crack next season and this certainly puts a spanner in

I mean honestly - do managers even want to last at clubs these days?

Surely there is more money in getting sacked and paid off every 6 months!!
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: Thursday, May 26, 2022, 08:18:40 »

Cant we tap Wellens up😀

So, give no fucks
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 203   Go Up
Print
Jump to: