Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Day Four: SCO/CZE, POL/SLO, SPA/SWE  (Read 6233 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Tuesday, June 15, 2021, 08:01:07 »

Universally i think that is agreed BUT i heard him for the first time in about 3 years the other day and realised there are  a lot worse out there

Andrew Hawes is the best that I have heard recently. I personally think he made last season slightly more enjoyable co-commentating on Town's matches.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Tuesday, June 15, 2021, 08:08:08 »

Andrew Hawes is the best that I have heard recently. I personally think he made last season slightly more enjoyable co-commentating on Town's matches.

Hawes is the play-by-play guy as the Americans would call it, no? Hartley is the co-comm, and does a perfectly reasonable job by local radio standards.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Tuesday, June 15, 2021, 08:14:43 »

Hawes is the play-by-play guy as the Americans would call it, no? Hartley is the co-comm, and does a perfectly reasonable job by local radio standards.

oops! Sorry you might be right. I was impressed with both of them on Ifollow last season to be honest. It must have been mightily depressing commentating on the shite Swindon were serving up last season and I thought they did it with good grace and humour for the most part.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Tuesday, June 15, 2021, 09:01:43 »

I come from a land down-under
Moss

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Tuesday, June 15, 2021, 09:39:35 »

Martin Keown is the worst.

No, actually its Robbie Savage I hate him as much as Chris Sutton and the absolute prick Jimmy Bullard.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Tuesday, June 15, 2021, 09:53:24 »

Martin Keown is the worst.

No, actually its Robbie Savage I hate him as much as Chris Sutton and the absolute prick Jimmy Bullard.

Does Bullard do co-comms? I thought he just acts like an 11 year old boy on Soccer AM these days?

Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Tuesday, June 15, 2021, 09:56:25 »

I have hated Chris Sutton since he came out and said that Celtic Reserves were a bigger club than Leicester City, the year they won the Prem.  Knobhead.  Robbie Savage not much better.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Tuesday, June 15, 2021, 09:58:22 »

I suspect its not a popular choice, but I quite like Danny Murphy as he is so calm and dry!

Bar the England game, Spain-Sweden was the first match I have watched all the way through, what a mistaka to makea
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Tuesday, June 15, 2021, 10:05:21 »

Spain v Sweden was the first I have watched, albeit the last 55 mins.  Suicide
Crackity Jones

« Reply #84 on: Tuesday, June 15, 2021, 10:05:53 »

The Spain game was comfortably the most boring of the tournament so far that I have watched.

What I have enjoyed is that by and large, teams have tried to win their opening games rather than setting up not to lose. The refereeing has been good with games being allowed to flow as much as possible.  Proper use of VAR has also been a plus; only checking if absolutely necessary and not looking for mm offsides - EPL take note!
Panda Paws

« Reply #85 on: Tuesday, June 15, 2021, 10:12:19 »

Emma Hayes has been brilliant so far - pundit, co-comm and written stuff. Shame she has a proper job outside of tournaments unlike most of the clowns.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Tuesday, June 15, 2021, 10:19:23 »

Each to their own, I suppose. Like listening to the speaking clock to me.
Panda Paws

« Reply #87 on: Tuesday, June 15, 2021, 10:20:48 »

Each to their own, I suppose. Like listening to the speaking clock to me.

Tone isn't great, but spoke more insightful content in the opening 5 mins than Jenas or Clinton Morrison have ever uttered.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Tuesday, June 15, 2021, 10:22:56 »

That’s what probably put me off, tbh. There aren’t many decent pundits about. Those that are OK are contracted to Sky.
Moss

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Tuesday, June 15, 2021, 10:42:11 »

Does Bullard do co-comms? I thought he just acts like an 11 year old boy on Soccer AM these days?

No you are right he doesn't I was on full on rant mode at that point. And you do 11 year old boys everywhere a disservice.

Also - Vicci Sparks as a main commentator, very knowledable but her voice just grates my ears, nothing to do with her gender, but she has the voice for a sports column in a newspaper
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: