Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Euro 2020(1) Instant Win & Sweepstake (not treading on Sippo's toes)  (Read 141621 times)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Wednesday, July 21, 2021, 20:05:59 »

Here we go then. Told you it would be drawn out. In light of lots of positive STFC things happening I'm sure not too many have been that bothered.

Ok, onto the first award for the  "Random Beer Giveaway".

I asked you (and some not on the TEF) to guess the pretty much unknowable question of;

"How many in date tins were in my cupboard?"

It prompted some lovely responses as well some discussion regarding my hoarding habits. I did used to have a huge catering size tin of Stagg Chilli which was pretty decent but that was my only real foray into the nuclear fall out stocking campaign!

Anyway, there were 10 normal bean can size tins in the cupboard, but 3 were out of date. So the answer was and still is 7.

It was a closely guessed contest with Hunk opting for 6 and Bob's Orange laying down a firm 8 but no cigar (or beers) for them. Thank god as I didn't want a tie-breaker! Amazingly, it goes to show that even North Macedonia ending up winning more than just many peoples footballing hearts. Aldbourne Red correctly guessed bang on the beans and ou have won a pack of 6 BrewDog Beers.

Please DM with the title "Random Beer Winner", where we can discuss arranging your winning prize and delivery for you. If you do fancy donating anything to the charities please let me know. Well done! 
Pint Pint Pint Pint Pint Pint

=============================

Next up we have our prize for "Instant Win" winner, which was decided right before a ball had been properly kicked. Horlock was the lucky so and so in this instant draw and I already have your details. Just for clarity Horlock has won a Replica Retro England Football Shirt & 4 Bullhouse Brewery Beers. Let the supping and beer spilling down a new shirt commence! Once again, congrats!
 Pint Pint Pint Pint

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Wednesday, July 21, 2021, 20:49:36 »

==========================
==========================

Okay, so now we're onto the posturing stages of this awards ceremony. Where the prizes don't even matter, it's all about making it onto the podium of self righteousness and wearing your medal with pride. Ooh it makes me think of the Olympics, which are of course just around the corner. Come on Team GB Skateboarding!

Third place was in fact meant to be a tie breaker (since the Euros has no real third place play-off) and I had an amazing challenge prepared for the "lucky" contestants which involved them knocking on their neighbours doors and asking for random items. Whoever came back with the most would be the winner.

Well Crackity Jones managed to negotiate getting both Spain & Denmark to the Semi-Finals...which guaranteed him at least 3rd. Both his teams duly lost their semis and so ended up in the play-off. It seems a little mean to make Crackity fight amongst himself for his prize but what do we reckon TEFers, do we send Crackity on a neighbourly goose chase anyway?  Wink

Am I hearing "challenge accepted" from Crackity? If he's game, I'll double his prize up to 4 x Bullhouse Brewery Beers. He'll also receive the much coveted
"Euro 2020(+1) Sweepstake" Bronze Medal in a Red case (naturally).
Nice one Crackity. Enjoy your beers and be the envy (or discussion) of your neighbours, if you'd also like to DM me and we can arrange your prize and delivery too!
 Pint Pint ( Pint Pint)

=======================
=======================

'Incessant Nonsense'

BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Wednesday, July 21, 2021, 21:10:11 »

=========================

Now it gets a little more serious. The palms are sweaty, my hands are slippery from eating too many tins of Alphabetti Spaghetti straight out the can with no cutlery and were getting closer to finding out who the winner of Love Island 2021 is! Ahh fuck, wrong forum!

No, it is in fact time to announce the award of the Silver Medal prize, which for most of us will be a very personal affair. I'd lost sight of everything at this point of the tournament as a nation focused on England's first final in Mens Footy for...well, possibly too long. Like many who managed to witness the '66 World Cup Final this would be a first for many generations and despite the result, there is a sense that this current generation of players can go onto another Final so we might well be spoilt in this era. I still feel that England may end up being "Bridesmaids" but by jiminy lads, they've given a lot of us something to actually feel worthy of in one of the biggest sports in the world. Massive credit to the crop of players who despite not having that tiny little bit extra to get themselves past the post, most of them seem like bloody decent lads. I've even forgiven Jack Grealish for not having a clue what an "encyclopaedia" is.

With that, Wobbly Bob I'm pleased to announce that you are indeed the Silver Medal Winner, which means you'll receive 4 x Bullhouse Brewery Beers and the much coveted "Euro 2020(+1) Sweepstake" Silver Medal, again in a fetching red case. Allowing you to adorn as you return to many drinking establishments nationwide. I'm sure you'll be the talk of the boozer!

Congrats Wobbly. Please DM me and we can arrange your prize and delivery!
 Pint Pint Pint Pint

=======================
=======================

'Incessant Nonsense'

BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Wednesday, July 21, 2021, 21:41:17 »

Bene, bene, antipasti and sleek suits. They certainly know how to dress and talk with an aggressively characterful charm and do some pretty decent food, any time of day too.

Italy definitely knew how to get over the line (even if it really was a lottery by the time it got to penalties). No shame of course, losing to the experience (shithousery) of several players who had won at this kind of level before. But what a tournament. What a sweepstake too!

It's only fitting then, that the guy who now has Italian blood forever more and incidentally was running his own sweep, also on the TEF is also our Gold Medal winner in this sweep.

Chris. Sippo, or now you may even adopt the name "Sorso" (TEF mods, you know what to do), I'm genuinely really pleased it's you who won this. Your eyes must've lit up when you glanced through the "Red Pages" (my name for the TEF) and saw, you'd drawn Italy. In part because I really did feel as though I'd be stepping on your toes (hence the thread title).

Sippo is the winner of the "Euro 2020(+1) Sweepstake" and he has won £50 & 6 x Bullhouse Brewery Beers. As well as this, he will also receive a most gloriously engraved and golden "Euro 2020(+1) Sweepstake" trophy (not in a red case) to parade around his home town on the No. 62 bus (via estates)...or maybe just to shove in the back of a man draw, with a load of other unwanted tat!

Congrats Chris Sorso, please DM so we can arrange your prize and delivery.
 Pint Pint Pint Pint Pint Pint

Arrive-fucking-derci!

======================
======================

'Incessant Nonsense'

BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Wednesday, July 21, 2021, 22:03:18 »

======================
======================

Final, final note. This is just a massive thanks to all of you who took part and donated in any way, shape or form.

Of course, one of the things I'm personally conscious about these days when sending parcels and packaging to various places around the world is the carbon footprint, so basically anything I do, I always try to offset this. The easiest way at present, is to use one of the tree planting partners. OneTreePlanted.org are one of the best, who do actively plant trees worldwide. You can choose where in the world you want replanting to take place and they also update the progress of your chosen planting location, all for just $1 per tree.

During this tournament/competition I pledged that for every entrant we would plant a tree. If anyone on here has a preference of location that they feel should receive our donation then please do pipe up. 24 trees will be planted via OneTreePlanted out of my own pocket, in order to make the Euro 2020(+1) Sweepstake not just Carbon neutral but actually Carbon negative (which is a positive thing, it means more trees are giving us mere humans valuable oxygen and actually negates the amount of carbon used to run this sweep).

======================

Also, I will now be making the next steps to process the donation of:

£100 - STFC Trust
&
£100 - Cancer Research UK

I will be making contact with STFC Trust over the coming days, so whoever is best to contact there it'd be great if someone could let me know. I used to know Steve Mytton when I lived in Newbury and he always seemed a very decent and approachable bloke. Not sure if it is him I need to contact though.

The CRUK donation will be added as a single donation named under (Euro 2020 Sweep) as this is going towards the fundraising efforts of both two of my sisters and myself, as we tackle another marathon hike, sometime in September. I will drop the donation link to our CRUK fundraiser for those who want to view, can do so in due course. Also, if anyone wants to add to our cumulative pot then anything, even a quid will not only be very appreciated but warmly received.

Right, that is about it. Unless I've missed something glaringly obvious?! Again, thanks to all of you, those that missed out or couldn't be arsed too. There is always something great about bringing together even just a few people. You've no idea how much the simplicity of this very notion is appreciated by me personally. Thanks but more importantly, thanks for being good sports.

I'm now off to get a spatula and scrape my melted self off the floor! Cheers and stay tuned for maybe some other opportunities to take part in some prize winning games!

Football already was home; we just didn't know it!

Bamboo
 Smiley
x

'Incessant Nonsense'

Hunk

« Reply #185 on: Wednesday, July 21, 2021, 23:07:17 »

Kev/Bamboo, your effort here is phenomenal. You should be very proud of yourself, and I’m proud of you too. Great work my man
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Thursday, July 22, 2021, 08:14:17 »

Fair play to you Kev for your efforts and your enthusiasm and for organising all this. Congratulations to the winners and of course for the money raised going to good causes.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
AldbourneRed

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: Thursday, July 22, 2021, 17:23:33 »

Fantastic effort Bamboo, it's brilliant how much you've raised for some very worthy causes.

I can't believe plucky North Macedonia only went and won something, it's a real life fairytale!

Sent you a PM.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: Thursday, July 22, 2021, 17:33:00 »

I see Scotland were as successful as ever! Well done Bamboo.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Thursday, July 22, 2021, 18:09:55 »

Massive thanks to bamboo for organising and the charitable donations.

Maybe we should do a league two sweepstake?!

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #190 on: Friday, July 23, 2021, 07:10:38 »

Massive thanks to bamboo for organising and the charitable donations.

Maybe we should do a league two sweepstake?!

If there's any interest I will set up a new board for this and make you and Bamboo admins
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Friday, July 23, 2021, 07:24:06 »

nice one bamboo
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Sunday, July 25, 2021, 15:30:36 »

If there's any interest I will set up a new board for this and make you and Bamboo admins

I'd be down for doing this. Can't guarantee I could update every week but I can certainly gather sponsors etc.

Thought about doing a weekly "lottery" for a couple of quid each matchday but people would get drawn a random team each match. Then I'd do something like spin a wheel every Sat or Tues eve to pick an Instant Winner.

Cash amount would be dependent on how many enter (like a pool). Could do it like "Snowball" too. So each match one of the 92 teams gets drawn, if no one has it, the money rolls over to the next match day so then it makes sense to either "be in it to win it".

A bit of fun (and no doubt drama), with the potential to win a pretty decent cash prize for nominal outlay  Pint Pint Pint

'Incessant Nonsense'

BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: Sunday, July 25, 2021, 15:44:23 »

Thanks all for the kind words. As I said before, there are tons of people who do stuff like this all the time and much more so than myself.

It's nice to see that the TEF can support several endeavours and to see several people taking their own time out to make these things happen.

In other news, some of the winners will be receiving one of these crackers in their beer package:

Road Trippin'
Extra Pale 4.0%

Whilst only a 4.0% Pale, Road Trippin' really packs a session ale punch.
Perfect for those warm hazy afternoons, where wanderlust and chilled times eventually give way to a wonderfully encroaching and fuzzy summer evening beer jacket!

With Stonefruit and Citrus hits, this Yeasty Pale boosts the more dry Citra Hop, yet keeping it all clean!

Please also go and check out the fantastic artist of this gorgeous can design. I reckon it's nearly as nice as the beer itself Smiley

@ThomasBannonDraws

* RoadTrippin.jpg (309.79 KB, 2736x2734 - viewed 229 times.)

'Incessant Nonsense'

Crackity Jones

« Reply #194 on: Wednesday, July 28, 2021, 10:00:02 »

Just catching up on reading Bamboo's essays  Wink Good work Sir and thanks for putting all this together.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: