Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Preseason Friendlies 2021/22  (Read 1723 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

‘Absolute Calamity!’

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, June 10, 2021, 07:13:38 »

Swansea Fans Alliance are urging their fans not to attend the friendly in support of STFC supporters in trying to starve Power of any more income.

Kudos!

Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, June 10, 2021, 09:05:43 »

Swansea Fans Alliance are urging their fans not to attend the friendly in support of STFC supporters in trying to starve Power of any more income.

Kudos!

I saw that Oldham's supporters Trust were also backing the initiative and pretty sure they will be looking to do something similar re their owners. Fan power on the up!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

‘Absolute Calamity!’

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, June 10, 2021, 13:39:42 »

Posh at the CG 31 July

RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, June 10, 2021, 16:33:18 »

I saw that Oldham's supporters Trust were also backing the initiative and pretty sure they will be looking to do something similar re their owners. Fan power on the up!

I doubt this thought is accurate, I think it more likely everything will slip back to normal, but I wonder if the Covid period has somewhat stripped bare the way clubs have wandered so far off the original concept of football clubs in the UK?

If it has, that could be good.  Essentially, the sheer indifference club owners have had towards fans, which has exposed those businesses to practical crooks, has largely been because we could just be relied upon.  We keep sending them money, regardless of what happens.  It's not like a normal business, it's like a small Monopoly without regulation.  Covid has ripped the curtains open a bit - we couldn't keep going, even nutcase fans started asking why they should buy a season ticket for a season where they would never be able to attend and not get a refund.

Hopefully this gets some movement in the game, but as I say, I doubt it.
Panda Paws
Tel!

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, June 10, 2021, 16:35:51 »

I doubt this thought is accurate, I think it more likely everything will slip back to normal, but I wonder if the Covid period has somewhat stripped bare the way clubs have wandered so far off the original concept of football clubs in the UK?

If it has, that could be good.  Essentially, the sheer indifference club owners have had towards fans, which has exposed those businesses to practical crooks, has largely been because we could just be relied upon.  We keep sending them money, regardless of what happens.  It's not like a normal business, it's like a small Monopoly without regulation.  Covid has ripped the curtains open a bit - we couldn't keep going, even nutcase fans started asking why they should buy a season ticket for a season where they would never be able to attend and not get a refund.

Hopefully this gets some movement in the game, but as I say, I doubt it.

I think it'll be one extreme or the other. The clubs who have engaged, been fair with refunds etc will experience a real boon of pent-up demand. Away crowds will be up and goodwill towards those clubs from their fans will be huge.

And then there's us, Oldham etc....
« Last Edit: Thursday, June 10, 2021, 16:52:46 by Panda Paws » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: