Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Loathed Strangers Interview with Clem Morfuni  (Read 6868 times)
Quagmire

Ignore
« on: Saturday, May 29, 2021, 08:24:26 »

Absolutely brilliant Rich, really pushed him at the start on a few things I wanted to know. He came out of it well, as I expected.

https://m.soundcloud.com/lspod/287-clem-morfuni?ref=clipboard&p=a&c=1&utm_source=clipboard&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=social_sharing
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, May 29, 2021, 08:41:24 »

Only just started but it is excellent. So much more revealing than the Trust one and, so far, Clem comes out pretty well. Thanks Rich.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #2 on: Saturday, May 29, 2021, 08:44:06 »

I agree, i think he has answered what he can tbh and it is (rightly) down to individuals now whether they believe him or trust him. It's nice to have a idea of what someone wants from the club.

I did get the impression at times that he talks as if the court case conclusion is a formality. The key thing for me that I myself overlooked is he has been involved for 7 years and this isn't some guy coming out of the woodwork  
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, May 29, 2021, 09:23:23 »

I agree, i think he has answered what he can tbh and it is (rightly) down to individuals now whether they believe him or trust him. It's nice to have a idea of what someone wants from the club.

I did get the impression at times that he talks as if the court case conclusion is a formality. The key thing for me that I myself overlooked is he has been involved for 7 years and this isn't some guy coming out of the woodwork 

I literally mentioned this yesterday in the other thread. For me its key that he's been involved since 2014 and seems to have the club under his skin somewhat.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, May 29, 2021, 09:39:31 »

Just listened. Fairly impressive, think he did a good job of setting out a vision without making wild promises (hi Jed) before he'd seen the books and the current club. If half of what he talks about comes to pass I'll be pleased enough with that.

I wouldn't look forward to my performance review with him based on him describing Pep Guardiola as a 'pretty good manager' mind.
« Last Edit: Saturday, May 29, 2021, 09:42:02 by Nemo » Logged
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, May 29, 2021, 09:46:00 »

I’m ten minutes in. Having sat on the fence with Morfuni (acknowledging I still want him over Power) - I’m firmly off the fence. Comes across well. He wants to run a football club, run it well and perhaps build a new ground - and I would be delighted if he owned ours. Edit: finished this now. It perhaps tails off slightly. All quite high level stuff. The answer to “what is the plan” is effectively “there is a plan”, not what the plan is
beyond the briefest of ideas. Or to any question that that there is no plan for “we’ll sit down with the supporters group”. He was asked a question about the type of football he likes, and despite saying how “passionate” he is, he couldn’t answer the question in terms of football styles... just big club managers he likes. Again, fine, but it’s not a vision. Still pro Morfuni. I think he just wants to own a club. I am not sure we would see a lot of him, which is fine - because there would be people around (the Trust) who know the club and what it needs.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, June 1, 2021, 05:46:59 by Frigby Daser » Logged
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, May 29, 2021, 09:52:14 »

Just listened. Fairly impressive, think he did a good job of setting out a vision without making wild promises (hi Jed) before he'd seen the books and the current club. If half of what he talks about comes to pass I'll be pleased enough with that.

I wouldn't look forward to my performance review with him based on him describing Pep Guardiola as a 'pretty good manager' mind.

I thought that  Cheesy. If Guardiola is only ‘pretty good’ I can only imagine what he thought of John Sheridan.
Flashheart

« Reply #7 on: Saturday, May 29, 2021, 11:23:29 »

I did get the impression at times that he talks as if the court case conclusion is a formality.

I've not listened to this one yet, but I noticed the same thing about the trust interview.
china red

« Reply #8 on: Saturday, May 29, 2021, 11:41:53 »

Brilliant Rich, very impressive.  Think this is the best interview I have heard from you so far. 
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #9 on: Saturday, May 29, 2021, 11:53:25 »

I agree well done Rich easily your best interview so far.

TBH Clem came accross far better in this interview than the one a few days ago, he impressed me more than he has so far in any other interviews.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
stfcjack

The Swindon lot don't seem to respect you

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, May 29, 2021, 11:54:40 »

Excellent interview! Really enjoyed listening, it’s just solidified my position even more that we need this guy in as owner
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, May 29, 2021, 17:25:11 »

It was very good, and on the whole answered very well and was honest.

I did think it was slightly odd that as a 15% shareholder and Vice Chairman, he had absolutely no dealing or involvement whatsoever with the training ground.
Flashheart

« Reply #12 on: Sunday, May 30, 2021, 01:38:14 »

I'm definitely leaning toward believing Clem being the real deal. There's still some questions mark but that's nobody's fault - I don't think anybody could settle them at this stage.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Sunday, May 30, 2021, 05:19:11 »

I'm definitely leaning toward believing Clem being the real deal. There's still some questions mark but that's nobody's fault - I don't think anybody could settle them at this stage.

I’m somewhat behind on my reading / listening all things court case / takeover but it does seem like Clem has done all his can.

All that is left for us to do is choose whether we trust him or not.
All that is left for him to do - is make good on what he’s said (if/when he gets control of the club)

The rest will be down to pure hindsight and can only be judged once actions have been taken.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #14 on: Sunday, May 30, 2021, 08:14:52 »

For me Clem came accross far better in this interview than he did rushed in his car the other day.

I am erring towards fully backing Clem, he talks a good game and he has answered many of the questions, if not all, mostly due to the court case being in progress.

He is obviously a delegator who gets people in place to do the jobs that he is incapable of doing, the sign of being a good businessman.

Clem does seem like he knows what fans want and he seems capable of delivering it but running a football club is very different to running a business in the private sector.

The thing that drew me closer to accepting him fully is that he seemed to state that even if the takeover doesnt happen this time that he will be there or there abouts in the future if the club was sold again, thats some commitment TBH from him.

He does seem to genuinely care about the club, fans and the community of Swindon who he wishes to re-engage the club with. It may be pie in the sky but it seems his heart is in the right place, unlike Power who it seems may not even have a heart and if he does then the club is nowhere near it.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: