Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trust Matters Interview With Clem Morfuni  (Read 11417 times)
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, May 27, 2021, 13:52:40 »

Couple of things. I wonder if the individual who put him in touch with Lee Power has any remorse? Was it just me but I couldn’t help thinking that during this interview, which to be fair was somewhat unusual in its timing (due obviously because of the time difference) and the fact he was in his ute on the way to an airport but he didn’t look straight at the camera and or scree and to my mind came across as either distracted or maybe, I dunno, possibly uncomfortable with the questions/interview or something. I really, really want to give him the benefit of the doubt but I am not a 100% he’s the messiah type of fan, sorry but that’s my feeling as it stands.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, May 27, 2021, 14:19:50 »

Don’t need messiah. Competent and not a thieving bastard will do nicely.
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, May 27, 2021, 14:29:00 »

Don’t need messiah. Competent and not a thieving bastard will do nicely.

Goes without saying.
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, May 27, 2021, 14:55:08 »

Bollocks to Clem.

They've got muslamic rayguns, muslamic rayguns..
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, May 27, 2021, 15:06:58 »

Couple of things. I wonder if the individual who put him in touch with Lee Power has any remorse? Was it just me but I couldn’t help thinking that during this interview, which to be fair was somewhat unusual in its timing (due obviously because of the time difference) and the fact he was in his ute on the way to an airport but he didn’t look straight at the camera and or scree and to my mind came across as either distracted or maybe, I dunno, possibly uncomfortable with the questions/interview or something. I really, really want to give him the benefit of the doubt but I am not a 100% he’s the messiah type of fan, sorry but that’s my feeling as it stands.

That crossed my mind as well, however, was it a video call for him or just audio on his phone, if it wasn't video he would have no reason to look at the device.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Thursday, May 27, 2021, 15:32:44 »

To what extent does he answer why does someone who lives in Australia want to own a loss making football club in Wiltshire?
What’s the end game for him?
Flashheart

« Reply #21 on: Thursday, May 27, 2021, 15:58:44 »

To what extent does he answer why does someone who lives in Australia want to own a loss making football club in Wiltshire?

He said the word passion several times.

I'm sure that would get some fans' juices flowing.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, May 27, 2021, 16:05:35 »

He said the word passion several times.

I'm sure that would get some fans' juices flowing.

Sadly he didn't say 'You flaming Galah', that would have got my juices flowing!
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, May 27, 2021, 16:09:42 »

Easy. Development of the CG. With the line of business he is in if he does a hood job of developing the GC he’ll make money a number of ways. From the clubs overall turnover, as he rightly mentioned 24/365 income. Selling his stake sometime in the future, developing other stadia on the back of what he does here (all things being equal and it gets done) and player transfers is always a good one.
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, May 27, 2021, 16:10:06 »

Sadly he didn't say 'You flaming Galah', that would have got my juices flowing!

Or a drongo.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, May 27, 2021, 16:28:02 »

Easy. Development of the CG. With the line of business he is in if he does a hood job of developing the GC he’ll make money a number of ways. From the clubs overall turnover, as he rightly mentioned 24/365 income. Selling his stake sometime in the future, developing other stadia on the back of what he does here (all things being equal and it gets done) and player transfers is always a good one.

The UK company is not growing, I think that was the outcome of the financial dig someone compiled.  To that end, a stadium build is the next logical step in his companies strategy to break into the big time and move from being a bits and pieces contractor for large sites.  Rather than being known as the gang that put the bog in Wembley's retail additions (or whatever it was they did), he can show a stadium re-build and push the boundaries of his UK business.  I'd imagine the other countries could leverage that business case as well.

If he came out and said this was a primary reason for the interest muddled with a love for the game and being hoodwinked into Swindon by Power but now has grown to see us like a pesky half brother, then I think he'd be a pretty good fit.
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Thursday, May 27, 2021, 17:30:33 »

The UK company is not growing, I think that was the outcome of the financial dig someone compiled.  To that end, a stadium build is the next logical step in his companies strategy to break into the big time and move from being a bits and pieces contractor for large sites.  Rather than being known as the gang that put the bog in Wembley's retail additions (or whatever it was they did), he can show a stadium re-build and push the boundaries of his UK business.  I'd imagine the other countries could leverage that business case as well.

If he came out and said this was a primary reason for the interest muddled with a love for the game and being hoodwinked into Swindon by Power but now has grown to see us like a pesky half brother, then I think he'd be a pretty good fit.

As Aud said - Competent and not a thieving bastard will do nicely.

in essence, let’s be fair, if with the trust on board, the goodwill, support from the people of Swindon and surrounding locales, he gives us something like (not necessarily the same) as The Mad Stad and sustainable championship football without being a thieving bastard then fair dinkum sport. We don’t want much do we? One thing not yet mentioned is the role of the council in backing him with planning approval. I’d like to see the cricket ground used along with the CG extension to develop a super stadium complex that makes money like he said 24/365. Where the cricket club go and the building go is another thing.
« Last Edit: Thursday, May 27, 2021, 20:38:05 by Legends-Lounge » Logged
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Thursday, May 27, 2021, 18:01:25 »

He did a reasonably good job of memorising key facts from STFC's Wikipedia page.

Nothing to see here
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #28 on: Thursday, May 27, 2021, 20:21:03 »

No matter what he said you'd of had a dig anyway
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Thursday, May 27, 2021, 20:33:14 »

No matter what he said you'd of had a dig anyway

I have a largely neutral stance on CM.  I don't really know anything about him other than what I have seen on this forum and the info pushed out by the trust. It remains to be seen whether he delivers on the broad statements mapped out in his correspondence.

Nothing to see here
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: