Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: #NoMoneyNoPower  (Read 39295 times)
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: Thursday, May 27, 2021, 08:58:08 »

Definitely says the right things around fan / community engagement and understanding the importance of that. I liked what he said about the stadium and it needing to be brought up to scratch. It may just be pandering but I also liked that he mentioned the club going up to The Premier League. I know it is probably unrealistic but I do like to hear SOME level of ambition. He seems to know what he needs to do to run the club.

Still remaining cynical but he knows what to say.
Flashheart

« Reply #241 on: Thursday, May 27, 2021, 09:06:44 »

He does say the right things.

At times he spoke as though he thinks the court case is a formality. Already has scouts scouting for players (he says)

"Would I want to build the stadium?", he asks "Yeah I probably would". (But he'd want it 'ticked off' by the fans - he says)

His company has a turnover of 'a couple of hundred million' a year, according to Clem. I wonder what that would mean in terms of profit.
« Last Edit: Thursday, May 27, 2021, 10:14:40 by Flashheart » Logged
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Thursday, May 27, 2021, 09:09:17 »

Lots to like, of course at the moment its only lip service but what he said was positive.

Getting fans and Don Rogers on the board sounds good to me.
Tarting up the stadium, can't be bad.
He has a CEO in mind as well as a scouting team so he's clearly done a lot of work behind the scenes to hopefully hit the ground running if he gets to take over.
Has spoken about keeping communications with fans open and transparent. I like the sound of the plans for the stadium but he stated any plans would be cross referenced with supporters, which sounds excellent.
Sounds realistic and ambitious.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Thursday, May 27, 2021, 11:08:29 »

Lots to like, of course at the moment its only lip service but what he said was positive.

Getting fans and Don Rogers on the board sounds good to me.
Tarting up the stadium, can't be bad.
He has a CEO in mind as well as a scouting team so he's clearly done a lot of work behind the scenes to hopefully hit the ground running if he gets to take over.
Has spoken about keeping communications with fans open and transparent. I like the sound of the plans for the stadium but he stated any plans would be cross referenced with supporters, which sounds excellent.
Sounds realistic and ambitious.

Advisory board

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Thursday, May 27, 2021, 11:10:42 »

Advisory board

I stand corrected Smiley

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Thursday, May 27, 2021, 12:12:04 »

Just watched the Clem Morfuni interview and you seem to have said all the right things and therefore good on you.

Suggest, it seems buying a football club is like purchasing an airline. No one with any business sense buys one and those people that do normally go broke or a lot of tears shed.

My question would be... where is the investments coming from and the continuing funding needed to insure the club success ?

Clem you live in Sydney and anyone that knows Sydney or any Town or City in Australia is aware that the local Sports Leagues club / Cosmopolitan Clubs including RSA clubs are full to the brim most evenings with Poker machines going none stop. These clubs are a licenses to print money.

Clem, I seriously doubt this is going to happen at SN1

If you are for real..... I really hope you are and good luck to you.

I am possibly in Sydney on business next week on a very tight time frame and if so lets try to meet up for a beer and a chat or when you are next in Auckland there is always a cold one close to Mt Wellington.

COYMRs   

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Thursday, May 27, 2021, 12:17:34 »

Most lower league clubs could/would turn a profit if their owners’ fingers don’t get too sticky.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Thursday, May 27, 2021, 12:24:46 »

Seebecks accounts are available - and they seem to have lost about £300 in a year. Impressive.

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/08323017/filing-history
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: