Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: #NoMoneyNoPower  (Read 39276 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Monday, May 24, 2021, 11:39:07 »

I refer Panda to Flash's previous comment, he doesn't believe it Smiley
------
I don't know if he's up front 100% honest about it or not. nobody can..

I also don't know what Ables game is. Either Power by proxy, or redevelopment too

Well if Clem doesn't want the development potential one has to query why he would choose to spaff many millions up a Wilshire wall, I would be considerably more comfortable if there was a logical reason for this, unconnected businessmen don't throw cash at things for no return.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Monday, May 24, 2021, 11:40:29 »

Owning your own stadium is a double edged sword. Somewhere down the line an owner will raise a loan on the stadium and the shitstorm starts all over again.

Hopefully, our slight advantage will be the Trust owning 50% of the CG and will have a say on any future financial jiggery pokery involving the stadium.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Monday, May 24, 2021, 11:49:19 »

Owning your own stadium is a double edged sword. Somewhere down the line an owner will raise a loan on the stadium and the shitstorm starts all over again.

Hopefully, our slight advantage will be the Trust owning 50% of the CG and will have a say on any future financial jiggery pokery involving the stadium.

Selling the stadium you own is a problem we can only dream of right now, and i'm not sure i would consider that a problem.

I don't understand how the Trust owning half the ground ever makes sense, perhaps someone can explain. Will the trust be paying half the upkeep, half the development etc? If so then i struggle to see how the Trust will ever get that money, if indeed they can genuinely get the money to even buy half of it.

I don't discount fan ownership but the very limited support (1k now from what 6-7k average fans) for the trust and its funding would just be a burden on the club wouldn't it?
Flashheart

« Reply #123 on: Monday, May 24, 2021, 11:53:18 »

Morfuni has already stated that he's not in it for the stadium build. If as and when the ground gets redeveloped it will go through an RFP and procurement process which, like everything else, will be minuted, open and transparent in line with the commitments he has made via the Trust.

We know he's said that.

I, for one, just don't believe him.
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Monday, May 24, 2021, 11:54:55 »

Interesting
Can't find anything about Axis Plumbing being a construction company or in Project management.
Their web site does tell a good story about being involved as sub contractors completing Plumbing Heating and associated work with larger construction companies
That brings me to driving past their main business in NZtoday.
If this is a professional go ahead company. then Im Jack Robinson.
Suggest some further investigation is needed before we  find ourselves jump from the frying pan into the fire
Or perhaps that has already happened
COYMRs

Flashheart

« Reply #125 on: Monday, May 24, 2021, 11:56:18 »

I would be considerably more comfortable if there was a logical reason for this,

Yep.

I would feel a lot more comfortable if Clem was open and said he wants to do what I think he wants to do, or similar. I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing and can be beneficial for the club as well as for Clem.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #126 on: Monday, May 24, 2021, 11:56:53 »

unconnected businessmen don't throw cash at things for no return.
100% this.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Monday, May 24, 2021, 11:58:47 »

Selling the stadium you own is a problem we can only dream of right now, and i'm not sure i would consider that a problem.

It is when whoever you’ve raised the loan with wants repaying and flogging off the stadium is the only option. Think of the even worse shit we’d be in if the CG was in Power’s hands. How much more debt would he have landed the club with.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Monday, May 24, 2021, 12:00:47 »

The UK arm of Axis was wound up (or went bust) last year so that still raises some questions in my mind. I know he's claimed to people it was restructuring into the new Axis Service Group UK he set up and the majority of the debt was to the Axis parent body but one the creditors was HMRC so hope he has paid off those debts, if he wound it up to avoid paying creditors then that is a big red flag for me.
« Last Edit: Monday, May 24, 2021, 12:03:10 by theakston2k » Logged
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Monday, May 24, 2021, 12:07:14 »

Currently New Zealand is experiencing a building boom and any / all trades are making a killing.
That said... I will have a each way bet Axis Plumbing NZ are right off the pace by many furlongs.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #130 on: Monday, May 24, 2021, 12:45:20 »

Currently New Zealand is experiencing a building boom and any / all trades are making a killing.
That said... I will have a each way bet Axis Plumbing NZ are right off the pace by many furlongs.

Is Clem banging your mum or something? We get it. You don't like him.
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Monday, May 24, 2021, 12:50:59 »

No
Just the opposite if he is the chap to take the club forward that is fantastic and will be very happy
However there have been so many false dawn's  associated with STFC surely this can't happen again.
Crackity Jones

« Reply #132 on: Monday, May 24, 2021, 12:55:23 »

Well if Clem doesn't want the development potential one has to query why he would choose to spaff many millions up a Wilshire wall, I would be considerably more comfortable if there was a logical reason for this, unconnected businessmen don't throw cash at things for no return.
very much this.  I prefer Clem to Power but where is he expecting to get a return on his investment from. And sooner rather than later somebody does need to take a look at the stadium development
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Monday, May 24, 2021, 13:04:59 »

My only thought is the quality of young Australian players  waiting and wanting to play in England and he could have first pick of these with excellent sell on potential.
That could be a crock of crap.
But that's my take on things
Otherwise is he still Powers mate and we are being taken again No simply can't happen
Panda Paws

« Reply #134 on: Monday, May 24, 2021, 13:12:51 »

With a big caveat that, of course, you may choose to not believe him, he is quoted as saying he wants to buy the club because he's a huge football fan, has fallen for the town and the fans and will make money out of it by running it well and flogging when it becomes bigger than something he can take forward, i.e. if we're in the Championship.

He does not need our club to support his lifestyle, his day-to-day earnings, his business operations etc. He has a very very successful business to do that for him already.

Too good to be true? I'll leave that for individuals to judge. A better alternative to the current regime? Yes.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: