Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: #NoMoneyNoPower  (Read 39537 times)
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Thursday, May 20, 2021, 10:53:51 »

They are already being called scabs by some on the great fb group (probably lead by their great leader the Cheltenham fan), there has to be some middle ground for them.

Therein lies a problem, I wonder how many of the "I'm not going again until Power goes" posters on there actually go to a significant number of games in any case. Given how fickle they appear to be by some of the comments , I'd guess not too many.

I come from a land down-under
That Nestor Lorenzo Heade

« Reply #31 on: Thursday, May 20, 2021, 11:01:39 »

As others have mentioned, whilst the Trust take this stance, which is their right and many fans will get on board I really hope it does not polarise the fanbase. There are people that go and watch the football, support the team and will want to continue to do so ignoring the off the field politics. These fans must not be castigated, it is a free country and if they choose to go and watch STFC then that is their right.

I agree with this, and think the #fanpowernotleepower campaign contradicts the "we are owner agnostic" message.  If LP remains as owner and chairman then the ground shared ownership plan is dead.  I still hope/expect Clem to take the reins eventually though, in which case it won't matter, but this situation is about as complicated as it gets and who knows what might happen next.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #32 on: Thursday, May 20, 2021, 11:04:19 »

Bluntly he will have to have a reason to force a sale i.e. impending business failure without. Whilst it would be of sporting benefit to the club to get it sorted before mid June that's not a material consideration in what is a purely commercial dispute/case.
The judge is aware of the football club needing to sort things out soon which is why he brought the hearing forward to a months time using a perishable assets provision.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Thursday, May 20, 2021, 11:05:08 »

I agree with this, and think the #fanpowernotleepower campaign contradicts the "we are owner agnostic" message.  If LP remains as owner and chairman then the ground shared ownership plan is dead.  I still hope/expect Clem to take the reins eventually though, in which case it won't matter, but this situation is about as complicated as it gets and who knows what might happen next.

LP has already cut lines to the Trust, the stadium deal was dead in the water long before this...

AldbourneRed

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Thursday, May 20, 2021, 11:07:49 »

I can see the club trying to push this year's ST holders towards a discount on renewal rather than a full or partial refund.  Pure speculation on my part, but if they do then that might make the decision more complex for some.

Doesn't prevent fans from exercising their consumer rights of course, but many might prefer a simpler route than a chargeback or other action.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Thursday, May 20, 2021, 11:17:32 »

I can see the club trying to push this year's ST holders towards a discount on renewal rather than a full or partial refund.  Pure speculation on my part, but if they do then that might make the decision more complex for some.

Doesn't prevent fans from exercising their consumer rights of course, but many might prefer a simpler route than a chargeback or other action.
I can see them trying to roll over the season tickets to this season and then counting everyone as attending even if not at matches to try and make out a boycott doesn't reflect the majority of fans opinions. It'll be funny to see a 4 or 5k attendances reported with only a fifth of that actually at the match.
The catering contract has been severed as well hasn't it so even food and drink purchases in the ground would now risk going into his pocket.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Thursday, May 20, 2021, 11:17:54 »

I assume that the Trust statement has been made as the club must be preparing to announce Season Ticket details.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Thursday, May 20, 2021, 11:27:57 »

Already made my mind up weeks ago.
Not renewing season tickets or Corporate events until the parasite is no longer part of the club.

If that means National League then I have already resigned to accepting it.
However there is a viable alternative that I still believe will be successful in taking over the club.

So glad the Trust have raised the bar.
Any protests I will support.
Moss

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Thursday, May 20, 2021, 11:28:46 »

Still think the Trust should set up a crowd funder to invite fans to make financial donations outside of the club to create a fighting fund / hardship fund in case its needed.  Money talks, and if nothing else it would create a good media story to draw more national attention to our plight.  And if the best happens and the club transitions to benevolent (and wealthy) new owners then I'm sure there are many great community initiatives the money could be used for.

I think this is a really good idea. People still want to buy into the STFC brand, and this would demonstrate that.

Put your season ticket money in here, and get it back when a new owner is on board.
« Last Edit: Thursday, May 20, 2021, 11:30:31 by Moss » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Thursday, May 20, 2021, 11:29:13 »

I can see them trying to roll over the season tickets to this season.
I can't, simply because the club can't afford another year of no revenue - power or not. Not unless I've missed something meaning they are legally on dodgy ground.

But I'm not even sure they are going to put ST on sale given the likely backlash.

Given we don't know the attendance limits will be,  I wonder if they are going to do a match day draw again. Short term maximising of match day revenue...

Good knows what they will do with last season's ST though
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Thursday, May 20, 2021, 11:31:05 »

The judge is aware of the football club needing to sort things out soon which is why he brought the hearing forward to a months time using a perishable assets provision.

I know, but there is a bloody big difference between tightening a schedule and making a judgement which would be open to challenge if not legally watertight and reasonable for all parties.

In support of this I will not be renewing my season ticket!
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Thursday, May 20, 2021, 11:39:55 »

I had pretty much decided already that I wouldn’t pay for a new ST if I was asked to pay again.

The difficult question would be if the club said you could carry forward your ST with a nominal admin fee, people might be convinced to carry on.

Not likely for Power I realise, but may persuade a few
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Thursday, May 20, 2021, 11:40:31 »

I can't, simply because the club can't afford another year of no revenue - power or not. Not unless I've missed something meaning they are legally on dodgy ground.

Don't underestimate Power's ego or some kind of propaganda war... I can just hear him on Radio Swindon now going "Well Shaaaaaun, we've had 5000 at our home games so those awful Trust members don't represent the views of the majority of fans"
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Thursday, May 20, 2021, 11:50:03 »

Wonder if he’d dare do another fans phone-in!
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Thursday, May 20, 2021, 11:51:46 »

Therein lies a problem, I wonder how many of the "I'm not going again until Power goes" posters on there actually go to a significant number of games in any case. Given how fickle they appear to be by some of the comments , I'd guess not too many.

Wouldn’t say that’s true in this case - I’ve been going for 17 years and old man being going for over 40 years. Both won’t be renewing season tickets with Power in charge
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: