Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wigan v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 21054 times)
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Sunday, May 9, 2021, 09:47:18 »

7-2

Fingers crossed we can get back to the CG for the start of the new season.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #31 on: Sunday, May 9, 2021, 09:57:33 »

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Sunday, May 9, 2021, 10:00:34 »

Finishing the season with a side where a grand total of two players in the starting XI are contracted for next season. Brilliant long-term planning lads.

Just feels like a "let's get this over with" selection, rather than anything else.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Sunday, May 9, 2021, 10:06:41 »

Presumably Curran will come one at some stage if this impacts upon the alleged and unsubstantiated appearance payments/bonuses that might be due to the club.

Nothing to see here
Peter Venkman

« Reply #34 on: Sunday, May 9, 2021, 10:07:25 »

Just feels like a "let's get this over with" selection, rather than anything else.
100% this.

Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Sunday, May 9, 2021, 10:23:23 »

100% this.

A bit like waiting outside the headmasters door knowing there is a thrashing coming, just not knowing how many you’re going to get. That’s for us oldies, you youngsters probably got detention or counselling 😁
normy

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Sunday, May 9, 2021, 10:38:36 »

Wouldn't it be weird if we completed the double over them today? 

ust be the oldest
Peter Venkman

« Reply #37 on: Sunday, May 9, 2021, 10:41:47 »

A bit like waiting outside the headmasters door knowing there is a thrashing coming, just not knowing how many you’re going to get. That’s for us oldies, you youngsters probably got detention or counselling 😁

It is, face the innevitable with an accepting shrug of the shoulders.
Wouldn't it be weird if we completed the double over them today? 
Wigan were in the worst 3 teams we have played this season with Rovers being the worst but Wigan would be next and then Northampton. They seem to have improved since they were bought out a few months back.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Sunday, May 9, 2021, 10:45:58 »

same old shit selected
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Sunday, May 9, 2021, 10:50:30 »

Anyone even making half an effort on this should probably have a long hard look at their own life and priorities.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #40 on: Sunday, May 9, 2021, 10:57:21 »

Anyone even making half an effort on this should probably have a long hard look at their own life and priorities.
I gave my reasons for putting myself through this.

I have paid for this with a season ticket and have watched every shit minute of this shit season so its a challenge now to keep my 4 season record going of not a game on iFollow or in person.

Its a Sunday and my wife is working, I have nothing to do, TV is shit, can't be bothered to play a computer game so its something to do anyway.

I have no positive expectation for today so even if we string together 4 passes it will be some achievement and maybe get a goal or at least have a few shots.

It is also probably the last game most of these players (probably 90%) will ever play for Swindon and almost to a man they will not be missed and many will also live long in the worst team ever line ups of the future.

Thats as positive a spin as I can put on it.

flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Sunday, May 9, 2021, 11:00:07 »

I gave my reasons for putting myself through this.

I have paid for this with a season ticket and have watched every shit minute of this shit season so its a challenge now to keep my 4 season record going of not a game on iFollow or in person.

Its a Sunday and my wife is working, I have nothing to do, TV is shit, can't be bothered to play a computer game so its something to do anyway.

I have no positive expectation for today so even if we string together 4 passes it will be some achievement and maybe get a goal or at least have a few shots.

It is also probably the last game most of these players (probably 90%) will ever play for Swindon and almost to a man they will not be missed and many will also live long in the worst team ever line ups of the future.

Thats as positive a spin as I can put on it.

Oh I was doing a bit where I'd also said that anybody who didn't give a shit wasn't a really a proper fan. You guys are getting too old to keep up I think.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Sunday, May 9, 2021, 11:02:16 »

Presumably Curran will come one at some stage if this impacts upon the alleged and unsubstantiated appearance payments/bonuses that might be due to the club.
You really are a provocative bellend aren’t you, it seems to be acknowledged as being true for everyone apart from you! That’s every single match day squad of the season he’s been in!
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Sunday, May 9, 2021, 11:05:44 »

100% attendance record for the first time.
A bit of a labour of love, akin to looking after a relative with serial incontinence.
The majority of matchday Saturday evenings have been spoiled and nearly all of the Tuesday ones.
Must remember that it's not the winning but the taking part that counts.
Determined that nothing will spoil the slow cooked lasagne and the bottle of red that will follow the match.

The release of the fixtures in June might help to get the STFC juices flowing again.
Less so once Scunthorpe away on a Tuesday night sinks in.

It's not an issue this season and won't be one next season and possibly for some time to come.
But who is the EFL dickhead that think's the 12:00 kick off to complete L1 on a Sunday is a good idea.
The earliest train service out of Swindon would mean rolling into Wigan North Western just as the early leavers are thinking of heading off to beat the traffic.
A weekend in Mancunia wouldn't have been such a bad thing I guess.
Not that rail travel would have been possible this weekend anyway, something to do with a load of crackhead trains apparently.

Here's to a good summer for all Town fans.
Hopefully by the time we reconvene in August there will be an ownership and management team in place for whom setting low standards that consistently fail to be met is not the height of ambition & ability.

Anyway, some proper Northern soul to finish with.

Beautifully put, as always WB Smiley

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Peter Venkman

« Reply #44 on: Sunday, May 9, 2021, 11:06:01 »

Oh I was doing a bit where I'd also said that anybody who didn't give a shit wasn't a really a proper fan. You guys are getting too old to keep up I think.
Can't argue that I am too old! Cheesy

When a team is already relegated all the "true fan" stuff goes out of the window when a game is totally meaningless, as long as the fans return when next season starts again.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: