Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Upcoming Q&A with Trust STFC Deputy-Chair Rob Angus  (Read 21144 times)
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Friday, April 16, 2021, 18:40:04 »

are we, the trust, now going to buy the freehold?

Well no, possibly yes.

As was posted the other day the council were all for a JV. However, things have taken a sudden twist haven’t they? As I see it until the club situation is resolved it is off.

However, if the club survives with new owners (in any division) and the trust and council ‘trust’ them enough to do deal then the original agreement could be resurrected surely? If the club folds completely and the trust are the only viable option they could still buy it if the council will let them. Without a club, income and or the trust owning it and taking on the upkeep and liabilities the council would be stuck with a dilapidated asset, no income and likely no appetite to spend tax payers money on something that is not going to get a return anytime soon, so in theory yes the trust ‘could’ buy it on their own. Then what?
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Friday, April 16, 2021, 19:06:30 »

A son that plays centre back for a league 1 side?
The correct answer.
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Friday, April 16, 2021, 19:07:06 »

are we, the trust, now going to buy the freehold?
Wasn't there a backer for the Trust at the start of the CG purchase before the 50/50 joint venture and talk of ambitious redevelopment plans?.

Feels like Power has cut off his nose to spite his face. Without the JV with the trust the club is worth less (or even worthless) especially with the goodwill of the supporters going south rapidly.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Friday, April 16, 2021, 19:54:22 »

Wasn't there a backer for the Trust at the start of the CG purchase before the 50/50 joint venture and talk of ambitious redevelopment plans?.

Feels like Power has cut off his nose to spite his face. Without the JV with the trust the club is worth less (or even worthless) especially with the goodwill of the supporters going south rapidly.
Yes, there was talk of a redeveloped Town End that was to cost in the region of £10m. It was apparently going to be completely different to any other stand considered 'normal' although I can't remember the exact ins & outs!
I'm sure it involved the club not seeing any profitability from it for some considerable time. I remember it being an intriguing proposition though.
No doubt somebody on here will remember more about it or be able to resurrect an old thread with the content.
« Last Edit: Friday, April 16, 2021, 19:56:53 by FreddySTFC! » Logged

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Saturday, April 17, 2021, 02:09:32 »

Would a purchase by the Trust and somebody else put a spanner in the Able works? If they’re prepared to get in cahoots with Power’s dodgy dealings, they can fuck right off.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Saturday, April 17, 2021, 19:16:19 »

Have you ever met Steve Anderson face to face, can you confirm he is actually a real person?

Sent from my SM-A125F
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Sunday, April 18, 2021, 21:15:32 »

https://soundcloud.com/lspod/274-qa-with-rob-angus-trust-stfc
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Sunday, April 18, 2021, 22:21:33 »

thanks Rich/Rob
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Monday, April 19, 2021, 07:42:49 »

Thanks for doing this. Good listen, of sorts.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Monday, April 19, 2021, 08:35:16 »

Thanks both, an informative listen. Between this and the Price of Football, my morning run was entirely Rob Angus dominated Smiley
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #55 on: Monday, April 19, 2021, 09:07:14 »

Have you ever met Steve Anderson face to face, can you confirm he is actually a real person?
My mates who work at the club both work very closely with Steve Anderson and yes he most definately is real he just stays out of the spolight.

Much like Seamus brady, many fans seem to think he is a figment of the clubs imagination but he works very hard behind the scenes and is apparently a very likeable chap.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Monday, April 19, 2021, 10:52:17 »

My mates who work at the club both work very closely with Steve Anderson and yes he most definately is real he just stays out of the spolight.

Much like Seamus brady, many fans seem to think he is a figment of the clubs imagination but he works very hard behind the scenes and is apparently a very likeable chap.

I wasn't being altogether serious.

However, one has to wonder whether, if he prefers to keep out of the spotlight, working as Chief Executive in such a public facing business for an owner who likes to keep out of the spotlight even more is the best career choice?
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Monday, April 19, 2021, 11:34:14 »

I wasn't being altogether serious.

However, one has to wonder whether, if he prefers to keep out of the spotlight, working as Chief Executive in such a public facing business for an owner who likes to keep out of the spotlight even more is the best career choice?
Unlike Power I'd imagine he'll remain a UK resident so probably didn't want his face too well known when shit hit the fan, which obviously it has now...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Monday, April 19, 2021, 11:40:16 »

supporters club holding more Q&A with Vic hosting and trust in da house, 6pm
----------------------
🚨Monday Night Double Header

18:00 @swindonred chats to @TrustSTFC Board Members @socialPolly, @JSPhotographyUK and Stuart Wollard to discuss thier busy week!

19:00 Join us On The Sofa with @Gabs50Zakuani as we discuss his football career

LIVE 👉 https://t.co/AhpBKdGCxM

#STFC
----------------------------
BBC wilts have scheduled a phone in at the same time 🤷‍♂️
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #59 on: Monday, April 19, 2021, 11:41:48 »

I don't actually see the point of the BBC one if there will be no one from the club to answer the questions.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: