Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What's the stupidest thing you've ever done?  (Read 8444 times)
Flashheart

« on: Sunday, March 28, 2021, 00:46:40 »

Me?

I reckon taking meth and E into Malaysia (for Percy) must be in the top 10 at least.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, March 28, 2021, 02:33:38 »

Put the clock back instead of forward #SuperMassiveHardcore

Nah, for me it's probably a pissed up injury or "fun" thing from a good number of years ago.

Maybe walking through a low granite hedge, pissed up aimlessly following the light from a boat like some horny moth, instead of following the path. Good scar straddling the shin there!

Others include challenging another friend (now sadly departed) to collect and eat as many sandhoppers as we could. The winner being the one who ate the most. To be fair, if it weren't for the grit passing through them, they were quite tasty  again, pissed. Impressionable youth maybe but we were only trying to impress ourselves, too wangeyed to even care what anyone thought.

One other one was another moment of genius, we'd been given a couple of just caught mackerel but had no knife to head, tail and gut them...this pioneer of serration decided to go all "Festival of the Slaughtered Fish" and threw it back to the stage of man pre-flint. I simply without much thought, bit the heads and tails off, then promptly pulled the guts out in some kind of sacrificial rite of passage and popped them on the fire. I can't remember if any tourists were about but no doubt if they had, it may have reminded them of some kind of scene from The Beach. I know there is a photograph somewhere but I've never seen it.

There's bound to be be more, there's one that includes a piece of camping gas canister nearly taking my eye out and a lump of blunted angle iron up through the sole of my foot but those weren't actually done via stupid/inebriated decisions.

I know a lad who went "Quay Jumping" after getting totally wankered - the only trouble was, it was on a full moon and if you know much about tides and moons...well, let's just say I haven't a fucking clue how he survived a dry and very rocky harbour. Best part of it was, he worked for the local boating company. Nearly a Darwin Award being delivered to his parents there!

I'll leave this to someone else now but nice thread FH, not sure how much you know about this one but all good all the same  Pint

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, March 28, 2021, 05:21:30 »

The Mrs.

Ba dum tsh.
china red

« Reply #3 on: Sunday, March 28, 2021, 07:16:12 »

Me?

I reckon taking meth and E into Malaysia (for Percy) must be in the top 10 at least.

I doubt anyone on here will beat this. 
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, March 28, 2021, 07:54:47 »

I very nearly blew my own head off once.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #5 on: Sunday, March 28, 2021, 07:54:50 »

When I was caving with the scouts, around 13 years old, I pushed a boulder off a cliff face and down into the cave. No one got hurt, thankfully but it was a pretty fucking silly thing to do
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, March 28, 2021, 08:04:06 »

Aged about 14 I had a foreign coin, Chinese I believe it was, with a hole in the middle. So, I decided to put it in my mouth and whistle through it... suck, blow, suck, blow as you do. Unfortunately, I sucked too hard and swallowed the coin.
I've been going through the change ever since.
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, March 28, 2021, 09:07:43 »

erm... maxing out my 1.8 Astra Sport on the M4 at about 1am, speedo showed 125 but likely to be a touch less than that. Jumping my little Nova over the hump backed bridge by the crematorium and finding a cyclist had stopped on the other side. In convoy with another member of the TEF, coming back from a gig at Newport on the M4, pulling alongside each other, two rear passengers hanging out of the rear windows and high 5'ing at about 80ish. On a German exchange, my partner and I were going to his mate's house out in the countryside, had to cross a busy, fast country road, he ran across in a gap I thought was way too small, but I went for it as well after a second or two's thought, I felt the air of the car on the back of my standing leg.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, March 28, 2021, 11:39:48 »

When learning to drive, I accepted a lesson in my then idiot step father's van. looking back almost certainly not insured/legal to do so

Anyway to cut a long story short, we used the back roads, I failed to see a give way sign and flew across the spine road near South Cerney at 50mph.

could have killed somebody..

I don't know why I ever got in the var. no recollection of any thought process.
Broadbents Tackle

TEF Historian

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, March 28, 2021, 12:37:42 »

Taking enough codeine to block myself up, then eating some beef that was going bad. It felt(and tasted) like I vomited the contents of my intestines.

Whether your eyes are green, brown, blue, let me see a little bit of red in 'em.
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, March 28, 2021, 12:46:02 »

marrying the first wife.

Also, my old Mk 2 astra. Forget what road I was travelling down but was doing well over 100mph. a car 500 yards down the road was slowing to turn right. I pulled over to overtake without slowing down. Luckily he saw me and never turned otherwise it would have been x 4 fatalities Sad . Very very stupid

Shrivvy Road

« Reply #11 on: Sunday, March 28, 2021, 12:51:36 »

Heroin. Both taking and selling  Crying

Long story but yeah that
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #12 on: Sunday, March 28, 2021, 12:53:24 »

marrying the first wife.
Me too, marrying my first wife was easily the stupidest thing I have ever done.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Sunday, March 28, 2021, 13:18:08 »

Yes
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Sunday, March 28, 2021, 13:42:47 »

Forgive my ex-wife for having an affair. Went on to have a son then she fucked off with him when he was two, cost me a fucking fortune and years of heart ache.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: