Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 ... 44   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Holidays are Coming - Sponsored by 4D  (Read 84799 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #555 on: Tuesday, May 30, 2023, 11:22:34 »

I think we are in the end game now...
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #556 on: Tuesday, May 30, 2023, 11:24:26 »

I think we are in the end game now...
You thought that before Christmas, and then again at Easter..... seems to be a pattern forming!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #557 on: Tuesday, May 30, 2023, 11:25:05 »

yeah I know. I know Smiley
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #558 on: Tuesday, May 30, 2023, 17:12:11 »

Lucked out going to the west of Ireland this weekend. 20-24 degrees and didn't see a cloud in the sky the whole weekend. Still shit out going in the sea though, regret that a bit now. Very rare the weather is better over there than at home.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
stfcjack

The Swindon lot don't seem to respect you

Ignore
« Reply #559 on: Wednesday, May 31, 2023, 09:51:56 »

Lucked out going to the west of Ireland this weekend. 20-24 degrees and didn't see a cloud in the sky the whole weekend. Still shit out going in the sea though, regret that a bit now. Very rare the weather is better over there than at home.

Went to County Mayo a couple of months ago. Incredible place! But yes that is unusual, the locals told us there are two types of weather. Raining or about to rain.  Cheesy
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #560 on: Wednesday, May 31, 2023, 10:21:13 »

Went to County Mayo a couple of months ago. Incredible place! But yes that is unusual, the locals told us there are two types of weather. Raining or about to rain.  Cheesy

Mayo is where we go to, Achill Island - next stop the States!

We did this walk on Monday morning in the baking sunshine. There wasn't a soul about and the views are amazing.

https://achilltourism.com/achill-island-tourism-hillwalking-on-achill-co-mayo-ireland/granuaile-loop-walk/

I'll have to remember that one about the weather for my next visit, when it almost certainly will be one of those 2!
« Last Edit: Wednesday, May 31, 2023, 10:23:30 by Bob's Orange » Logged

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #561 on: Tuesday, August 1, 2023, 14:19:41 »

Has anyone here been to Biarritz before?

We're heading for a week the end of this month and I've just noticed it's a lot closer to Spain than I thought. I was wondering if a day trip to San Sebastian would be recommended? Ideally would like to do some kind of wine tour, but Bordeaux looks a bit far away.

BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #562 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2023, 00:28:32 »

Has anyone here been to Biarritz before?

We're heading for a week the end of this month and I've just noticed it's a lot closer to Spain than I thought. I was wondering if a day trip to San Sebastian would be recommended? Ideally would like to do some kind of wine tour, but Bordeaux looks a bit far away.

Not been to Biarritz mate but I've been to San Seb and Bilbao {both pretty close to one another}. Pamplona not far and definitely worth a mooch if you want to look at the history of the ''Bull Run'' too. Oh and whilst your around the lower slopes of the Pyrénées you might as well take in the Cirque Gavarnie hiking trail for a day {might be a smidge far but plenty of trails near Pau}. There you go, San Seb for Beach and cocktails {Take the Funicular up Monte Igueldo overlooking the bay is worth it for the view and also ride some bumper cars whilst you're up there Cheesy}, Lower Pyrénées to get the heart pumping and yet more gorgeous views; soak up some culture and maybe some wine in Pamplona; it's a very old city but incredibly quaint - regardless of opinion on Spain's most famous form of entertainment. Enjoy fella.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #563 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2023, 07:49:06 »

Not been to Biarritz mate but I've been to San Seb and Bilbao {both pretty close to one another}. Pamplona not far and definitely worth a mooch if you want to look at the history of the ''Bull Run'' too. Oh and whilst your around the lower slopes of the Pyrénées you might as well take in the Cirque Gavarnie hiking trail for a day {might be a smidge far but plenty of trails near Pau}. There you go, San Seb for Beach and cocktails {Take the Funicular up Monte Igueldo overlooking the bay is worth it for the view and also ride some bumper cars whilst you're up there Cheesy}, Lower Pyrénées to get the heart pumping and yet more gorgeous views; soak up some culture and maybe some wine in Pamplona; it's a very old city but incredibly quaint - regardless of opinion on Spain's most famous form of entertainment. Enjoy fella.

Thanks Kev. I'm not sure how much local investigation we'll actually do but I hadn't appreciated how close to Spain we were, and the bus to Sen Seb is only 50 minutes, so figured it might be worth a day trip. Pretty sure a day's hiking isn't going to be on the agenda this time, but cheers for the suggestion Smiley

Talking of bulls, when we went to Valencia a few years back they had bull fighting on the TV - I think it may have been from the stadium in the city, not sure - it was absolutely brutal to watch. (I turned over pretty quickly)

RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #564 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2023, 12:18:47 »

Isn't San Sebastian some sort of Foodie Heaven?
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #565 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2023, 12:28:01 »

San Sebastian is definitely worth the trip, also check out real Sociedad's stadium, its proper lush
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #566 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2023, 14:21:30 »

San Sebastian is definitely worth the trip, also check out real Sociedad's stadium, its proper lush

They are at home to Granada when we are there.

mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #567 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2023, 15:05:32 »

Take your swindon scarf and go in the away end and cheer on the Andalus - Granada play in red and white.

Seriously worth going to it
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #568 on: Monday, August 7, 2023, 14:19:09 »

Anyone been to Seville recently? What is there to do for two 19 year old lads and how expensive is it to eat out as they’re Looking at B&B accommodation. TIA.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #569 on: Monday, August 7, 2023, 18:55:18 »

Anyone been to Seville recently? What is there to do for two 19 year old lads and how expensive is it to eat out as they’re Looking at B&B accommodation. TIA.

Got a friend who lives out there. It's a relatively 'young' yet cultured place. Plenty of cafe culture, bars and nightlife etc. If they're pretty sensible and somewhat respectable then they'll be fine and probably would enjoy Santa Cruz. If they want to mix with students/young adults then Alameda is likely for them. If they want 'Brits abroad' then they might as well go to Ibiza {the clubbing part} or any cheap resort on the Costa del Sol.

More than anything, it'll be bloody warm. Sevilla is always toasty {well, most of the time}. Like anything, it can be as expensive or budget as you make it - but it's a pretty popular city and the middle of summer, so there will always be some form of premium.

Without knowing what they are like or what they like to do, it'll always be tricky to recommend exactly but hopefully some of the above helps with a bit of research  Pint

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 ... 44   Go Up
Print
Jump to: