Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 ... 44   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Holidays are Coming - Sponsored by 4D  (Read 84784 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #465 on: Thursday, January 12, 2023, 14:41:08 »

I've paid for Vegas in April.

I may be jobless by then. But I have a cunning plan to cover the cost.
« Last Edit: Thursday, January 12, 2023, 15:43:54 by Batch » Logged
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #466 on: Thursday, January 12, 2023, 14:49:57 »

I've paid for Vegas in August.

I may be jobless by then. But I have a cunning plan to cover the cost.

Elvis impersonating?

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #467 on: Thursday, January 12, 2023, 14:53:10 »

Elvis impersonating?

I've got two cunning plans.

I can certainly impersonate the burger Elvis. uh-huh-huh

The other is Wesley Snipes from Passenger 57. "Always bet on black"
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #468 on: Thursday, January 12, 2023, 15:02:49 »

I've got two cunning plans.

I can certainly impersonate the burger Elvis. uh-huh-huh

The other is Wesley Snipes from Passenger 57. "Always bet on black"

Smiley
I love Vegas. Have a good one.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #469 on: Thursday, January 12, 2023, 16:07:57 »

4 nights at a butlins toddler retreat feat. Justin Fletcher

Things get better but they never get good
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #470 on: Thursday, January 12, 2023, 17:50:31 »

Cape Town for two weeks. Next month.

Robbin Island.
Garden Route
Table Mountain
Ballon Flight (maybe in Namibia)
Nature Reserve (Think Longleat in a natural habit)
Whale Watching
Vineyard Tour (3 within ten minutes of our accommodation)
Cape Town of course
Lounging by the pool
Probably need holiday to get over it.
« Last Edit: Thursday, January 12, 2023, 19:40:09 by Legends-Lounge » Logged
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #471 on: Friday, January 13, 2023, 10:33:48 »

I went to Cape Town for my 30th birthday with family and went to one of the British Lions warm up games. I decided to do the highest bridge bungee jump in the world (don't think it holds that record anymore) at Bloukrans. To this day the best experience of my life and would thoroughly recommend. It wasn't helped by the first person that they put forward having a mini panic attack and taking ages to decide if they were going or not. My tactic was not to look down and just go, that way you can't really look back!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #472 on: Friday, January 13, 2023, 11:01:43 »

I went to Cape Town for my 30th birthday with family and went to one of the British Lions warm up games. I decided to do the highest bridge bungee jump in the world (don't think it holds that record anymore) at Bloukrans. To this day the best experience of my life and would thoroughly recommend. It wasn't helped by the first person that they put forward having a mini panic attack and taking ages to decide if they were going or not. My tactic was not to look down and just go, that way you can't really look back!

Not for me. Flying is for the birds. The exception is getting there 😁
mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #473 on: Friday, January 13, 2023, 18:45:16 »

Nice! I've done a skydive but would love a big bungee. Good tactic, too.
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #474 on: Friday, January 13, 2023, 19:39:58 »

Interestingly there is one match left in Englands winter tour of SA. I think it is a ODI but it’s in Joburgh. Our friends have vetoed  me going or them accompanying me. Pity as an England winter cricket match is on my bucket list of things to do.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #475 on: Monday, January 16, 2023, 12:36:31 »

I stayed there Xmas before last - the rooms are a bit dark, but a decent enough place for the money you pay.

Outlet is walkable - if you are into walking.  it would likely be a good 30-45 mins.

Lydiard the other way would be a nicer walk, or you can walk up past Peatmoor to Mouldon Hill, maybe take in the Swindon and Cricklade Railway.

The curry place in Shaw Village was pretty decent, and empty when I went.  10 minute taxi ride to Old Town.  From memory, the Caribbean place in Old Town is quite good, if looking a bit basic.

Sorry Rob, I completely missed this. Thanks for the post fella Smiley

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #476 on: Monday, January 16, 2023, 12:37:56 »

Nice! I've done a skydive but would love a big bungee. Good tactic, too.

snap, I'd love to do a skydive also! I can to this day remember the peace and tranquility as I 'fell' towards the ravine, the wind whistling in my ears. It was such a tremendous buzz!

Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #477 on: Tuesday, January 24, 2023, 09:03:42 »

I stayed there Xmas before last - the rooms are a bit dark, but a decent enough place for the money you pay.

Outlet is walkable - if you are into walking.  it would likely be a good 30-45 mins.

Lydiard the other way would be a nicer walk, or you can walk up past Peatmoor to Mouldon Hill, maybe take in the Swindon and Cricklade Railway.

The curry place in Shaw Village was pretty decent, and empty when I went.  10 minute taxi ride to Old Town.  From memory, the Caribbean place in Old Town is quite good, if looking a bit basic.

FYI - we went to the RAJ as you suggested and we were both impressed. Cheers for the heads up, I don't think we would have gone without some positive feedback but glad we did.

BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #478 on: Tuesday, January 24, 2023, 18:58:27 »

Anyone been to Plitvice Lakes, Croatia?  Hmmm

I've got wanderlust/itchy feet (no it's not athlete's foot) and fancying a bit of an explore!

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #479 on: Tuesday, January 24, 2023, 19:22:52 »

Anyone got a reliable contact for an airport collection?
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 ... 44   Go Up
Print
Jump to: