Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 ... 44   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Holidays are Coming - Sponsored by 4D  (Read 84823 times)
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #405 on: Tuesday, May 3, 2022, 14:19:29 »

Going to Porto next month, for those that have been, is the Douro Valley worth making the effort? Both the wife and I love wine and port so definitely something we would like to do if possible but as we're only there 4 nights just trying to ascertain if it's worth doing.

Hope your passports are OK, (not more than 10 years old)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #406 on: Tuesday, May 3, 2022, 14:28:55 »

Hope your passports are OK, (not more than 10 years old)

Why do you say that?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #407 on: Tuesday, May 3, 2022, 14:32:30 »

Why do you say that?

Probably because there's a 11 week renewal lead time😀

So, give no fucks
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #408 on: Tuesday, May 3, 2022, 14:35:18 »

Why do you say that?

All sort of covered here https://twitter.com/schonevill4/status/1521106887093235712
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #409 on: Tuesday, May 3, 2022, 14:35:21 »

Probably because there's a 11 week renewal lead time😀

Nah both passports well within date, think mine expires in 2026 and the wife's even later.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #410 on: Tuesday, May 3, 2022, 14:58:29 »

I got caught out with this passport rule change in October, I reckon I was one of the first..  bizzare that it is all over the news now, maybe I should have gone to the press..

It cost me the loss of flights, pay through the nose to get my passport renewed fast tracked, and £90 parking at the airport when my car was parked there for 3hrs - plus a complete waste of my time.

Can you tell I am still triggered? Cheesy

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Posh Red

Ignore
« Reply #411 on: Tuesday, May 3, 2022, 16:51:55 »

Why do you say that?

Because a family got turned away from Portugal because the wives passport (whilst still having over 3 months until expiry) had been issued over 10 years ago
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #412 on: Wednesday, May 4, 2022, 09:19:20 »

Because a family got turned away from Portugal because the wives passport (whilst still having over 3 months until expiry) had been issued over 10 years ago

Cheers, just had a little read of the new rules. Pretty sure my passport was issued less than 10 years ago so I should be ok. Wife has an Irish passport so doesn't have to be concerned with such matters!

Posh Red

Ignore
« Reply #413 on: Wednesday, May 4, 2022, 10:45:56 »

Thumb
Cheers, just had a little read of the new rules. Pretty sure my passport was issued less than 10 years ago so I should be ok. Wife has an Irish passport so doesn't have to be concerned with such matters!

Thumb
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #414 on: Monday, May 30, 2022, 17:14:17 »

Off to Porto on Wednesday from Heathrow. Has anyone travelled recently and can advise on whether airports are shambolic or is it kind of normal now?

Shrivvy Road

« Reply #415 on: Monday, May 30, 2022, 17:22:22 »

Off to Porto on Wednesday from Heathrow. Has anyone travelled recently and can advise on whether airports are shambolic or is it kind of normal now?
Heathrow seems to avoided the most of the issues
Posh Red

Ignore
« Reply #416 on: Monday, May 30, 2022, 17:22:58 »

It seems like pot luck to be honest.

We flew from Stanstead to Barcelona and was absolutely fine. (Ryanair)

Son flew to Canada from Gatwick, check in & security were easy but flight was delayed a few hours. (Westjet)

An ex colleague was flying from Birmingham to Menorca last week, holiday was cancelled after a 14 hour delay (TUI)

Fingers crossed that you have a smooth journey
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #417 on: Monday, May 30, 2022, 17:23:53 »

what did he think of WestJet? got a flight coming to in a couple of months to Toronto.

budget for a reason is my guess
Posh Red

Ignore
« Reply #418 on: Monday, May 30, 2022, 17:26:48 »

what did he think of WestJet? got a flight coming to in a couple of months to Toronto.

budget for a reason is my guess

He’s not back yet, but from messages said it was decent.
Said the food was alright & a good sized TV

He flew to Vancouver, but us off to Toronto today & is flying back here next weekend
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #419 on: Monday, May 30, 2022, 17:28:37 »

nice.

not sure we get food with our ticket. soapy tit wank. keeping costs down due to work situation

Mrs B seeing family near Winnipeg for first time in 14 years. then back to Toronto area
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 ... 44   Go Up
Print
Jump to: