Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 44   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Holidays are Coming - Sponsored by 4D  (Read 84105 times)
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: Monday, October 25, 2021, 16:14:50 »

Wasn't sure where to put this and couldn't be bothered starting a new thread but I was on holidays last week to Blackpool and had visitors last weekend and part of that was to take the kids to some Lego place and Cadbury World in Birmingham. Whilst the kids were doing their lego thing the wife and I had a wander around the place.

We went from the canal to New Street and whilst they are doing a lot of modernisation along Broad Street as part of the Commonwealth Games next year and I have to say I was impressed with what I saw. I had never really had any desire to visit the place, but as we are now closer to Brum than London it looks like somewhere I'd like to go back and spend some time there, there looks like some decent bars and of course a stack of Indian restaurants. Anyone been that could provide any of the usual recommendations of places to eat and drink and things to see and do?

Ridiculous amount of great places to eat and drink, try Moseley and kings heath for alternatives to the city centre
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Monday, October 25, 2021, 16:24:42 »

The bit off Broad Street by the canals has loads of bars and eating places.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #242 on: Monday, October 25, 2021, 16:29:55 »

1 of my best mates lives in Shirley, Solihull so we go to Brum 3 or 4 times a year, its better than it used to be by far even though some parts of the city centre resemble a bombsite with the work going on, also don't forget the pollution charges that now apply when driving.

If you like curry and ethnic foods then its difficult to beat with pretty much everything available there withing a mile of the centre, if you go by train then Snow Hill and New Street are as central as you can get.

The Bull Ring is an amazing place to visit if you or the wife enjoy shopping, which isnt my scene tbh but some like it.

If you like them Birmingham museum is excellent as is the motorcyle museum there too.

We got from the 1st weekend in December and take in the Christmas Market which covers a large area at the front of the Museum 100 yards or so from the railway stations, well worth a visit in December time.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Monday, October 25, 2021, 17:20:16 »

Always enjoyed Brum as a place to spend a weekend.  Brindley Place by the Canal is what 4D was talking about I think, leads-up to the NIA (or whoever is sponsoring it these days) & Symphony Hall.
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Monday, October 25, 2021, 17:40:06 »

That's the place
Boy About Town
Pricko

Often outnumbered, never outgunned.

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Monday, October 25, 2021, 21:13:35 »

Hunk? You know the City almost as well as you know this Town?

Now, ain't that just like me?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Tuesday, October 26, 2021, 07:44:59 »

Ridiculous amount of great places to eat and drink, try Moseley and kings heath for alternatives to the city centre

Cheers Mex.

Always enjoyed Brum as a place to spend a weekend.  Brindley Place by the Canal is what 4D was talking about I think, leads-up to the NIA (or whoever is sponsoring it these days) & Symphony Hall.

Yeah the NIA was where the lego place. That's the bit we sauntered around, really nice part by the canal, a hen party canal boat went past which you'll be surprised to hear wasn't a quiet boat!

1 of my best mates lives in Shirley, Solihull so we go to Brum 3 or 4 times a year, its better than it used to be by far even though some parts of the city centre resemble a bombsite with the work going on, also don't forget the pollution charges that now apply when driving.

If you like curry and ethnic foods then its difficult to beat with pretty much everything available there withing a mile of the centre, if you go by train then Snow Hill and New Street are as central as you can get.

The Bull Ring is an amazing place to visit if you or the wife enjoy shopping, which isnt my scene tbh but some like it.

If you like them Birmingham museum is excellent as is the motorcyle museum there too.

We got from the 1st weekend in December and take in the Christmas Market which covers a large area at the front of the Museum 100 yards or so from the railway stations, well worth a visit in December time.

Cheers Venks, that's some great info.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Monday, November 1, 2021, 09:08:03 »

Back from a little 5 day cruise up to Liverpool & Belfast, didn’t really know if it was my going to be my sort of thing……..it was, I’m now a cruise person. Nothing beats sitting out on the balcony early morning watching the sun come up over a calm sea
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #248 on: Monday, November 1, 2021, 09:19:13 »

Back from a little 5 day cruise up to Liverpool & Belfast, didn’t really know if it was my going to be my sort of thing……..it was, I’m now a cruise person. Nothing beats sitting out on the balcony early morning watching the sun come up over a calm sea
Was that the Royal Caribean sailing?
Abrahammer

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Monday, November 1, 2021, 09:51:08 »

Yeah

I’ll definitely be cruising again at some point, I assume it would be worth hitting you up when we think about arranging the next one?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #250 on: Monday, November 1, 2021, 10:13:41 »

An old mate of mine did that about a month ago and loved it, they went on another last week to Bruges and le harve and loved that even more, far more exotic!

Me and the wife will be doing one possibly next year if Dean can find us a good deal Smiley

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Abrahammer

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Monday, November 1, 2021, 10:54:34 »

An old mate of mine did that about a month ago and loved it, they went on another last week to Bruges and le harve and loved that even more, far more exotic!

Me and the wife will be doing one possibly next year if Dean can find us a good deal Smiley

Yeah that does sound like more exotic locations although I really enjoyed Liverpool, spent a cracking 3 hours in the cavern club.

The ship was operating at a 75% capacity which was perfect really, not too busy, not too quiet. Shame we had to go on half term but the lady is a teacher so no choice. In saying that there weren’t tonnes of kids onboard anyway.

Entertainment, food, cocktails were all top class
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: Monday, November 15, 2021, 09:48:10 »

Week off work this week, heading to the Norfolk Broads today for a 2 day break, then off to Belfast this weekend for a boozy catch up with the wife's siblings. Can't wait for a pint or 10 of the black stuff!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #253 on: Monday, November 15, 2021, 11:21:45 »

Yeah

I’ll definitely be cruising again at some point, I assume it would be worth hitting you up when we think about arranging the next one?
Yeah for sure. I'd be happy to help
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: Monday, November 15, 2021, 11:25:47 »

Week off work this week, heading to the Norfolk Broads today for a 2 day break, then off to Belfast this weekend for a boozy catch up with the wife's siblings. Can't wait for a pint or 10 of the black stuff!

Been 4 years since we went to Belfast, must go again. Got family in NI too.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 44   Go Up
Print
Jump to: