Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Memory Foam Mattress  (Read 8418 times)
Chubbs

Ignore
« on: Thursday, February 18, 2021, 11:41:40 »

Need recommendations please. Seeing a bunch on amazon for the £150 mark with decent reviews, but as a larger guy, I'm concerned they will loose their memory and start to lose their shape quicker than they should.

Thanks
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, February 18, 2021, 12:05:16 »

Need recommendations please. Seeing a bunch on amazon for the £150 mark with decent reviews, but as a larger guy, I'm concerned they will loose their memory and start to lose their shape quicker than they should.

Thanks

I don't want to prejudge something I haven't seen or read the reviews of but £150 sounds way to cheap for a double/king size mattress and I would be reluctant to buy at that price. Maybe take a look at Ideal world shopping channel who are always selling them but normally £300-400

So, give no fucks
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, February 18, 2021, 12:39:31 »

we got a Simba.

initially it was great. But less than a couple of years on it feels a bit saggy in places, despite regular turning.

so personally I think I'll go back to pocket sprung with mf topper
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #3 on: Thursday, February 18, 2021, 12:55:52 »

we got a married.

initially it was great. But less than a couple of years on it feels a bit saggy in places, despite regular turning.
Corrected for my own amusement.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, February 18, 2021, 12:56:53 »

Paid£500 ish for a Remfit King 3-4 years ago. Still good. Use a topper as well over winter months.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, February 18, 2021, 13:11:20 »

I'd get a pocket sprung 1200+ springs with memory foam topper. Tis what I've got and I'm 230 lbs.

This looks good Chubbs

https://www.happybeds.co.uk/happy-beds-cashmere-3000-pocket-sprung-memory-foam-mattress-5ft-king-size-150-x-200-cm?gclid=Cj0KCQiAvbiBBhD-ARIsAGM48bzGa_lE-BsVEkIFCe4oc-sfH4nrvXlkahejQ9zcNAU-_-uzsgQlOLEaAuIaEALw_wcB
« Last Edit: Thursday, February 18, 2021, 13:14:11 by 4D » Logged
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, February 18, 2021, 13:16:42 »

Thanks for the tips so far. Also has a look on Groupon and these seems to be some good deals on there. I guess ill spend some time researching. I really dont want to spend 400-500 quid.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, February 18, 2021, 13:18:39 »

we got a Simba.

so personally I think I'll go back to pocket sprung with mf topper
See I read this as "pocket sprung with a motherfucking topper" and it sounded a lot more rock n roll Smiley

We've got one like this (pocket sprung with a motherfucking topper) and it's great. Was concerned about the losing memory thing and I'd read memory foam only could be a bit hot, but we like the hybrid pocket sprung/motherfucker, works well.

We got one of these FWIW

https://brookandwilde.com/the-lux-mattress/

although we had a discount code so it was cheaper, think they do offers etc fairly regularly
jutty274

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, February 18, 2021, 13:49:11 »

I have just replaced my memory foam mattress, we brought a Tempur mattress back in 2001 and it finally went at the end of last year, it cost a lot of money back then (£1200) but it was worth it, they have some now in their sale that are good value and they will last.

Remember to keep turning the mattress frequently and if it has a removable cover, wash it regularly but never tumble dry it.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, February 18, 2021, 14:39:57 »

Another vote her for the pocket sprung motherfucker topper.

Get yourself down to Bensons for beds and use their test thingy, it shows you want sort of mattress you should get. I suspect its as load of bollocks and whilst we used it we bought from else where but it was quite funny to use.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, February 18, 2021, 14:43:04 »

I've got a £160 Ikea one, it's perfectly fine. If I were to get another one, I'd buy the same but get the extra firm one.

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, February 18, 2021, 15:18:27 »

We have this one from Argos. https://www.argos.co.uk/product/5483691

Comes pretty small like a duvet and then leave for a while once opened and boom it's a nice large mattress. It's great and can handle weight no problems( I was around17 stone when we got it). Probably had it 3 years or so and it's still fine. It's not particularly thick but does the job well. Not had back ache since getting it too
« Last Edit: Thursday, February 18, 2021, 15:21:08 by Arriba » Logged
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, February 18, 2021, 17:36:00 »

If they still make them (Kaymed especially as not sure if they only supply to hotels now) go for one from four of:

King Koil
Kaymed
Cashmere 3000
or
Millbrook

Any of their Pocket Sprung range. A Millbrook Majestic 2000 is surprisingly light for rotating every couple of months and a quality mattress. Anything Millbrook I have ever rested on has felt great. Usually around £650

https://www.millbrook-beds.co.uk/product/majestic-2000/

Kaymed are pricey, as are King Koil but both I think Chiropractor approved and come with 10yr warranties as standard. What you have to consider is whilst a mattress might appear pricey, we spend around a third of our life in/on/fucking etc on a mattress. Whilst investing on a higher end might make you seem like you're catching flies after your purchase, long term you and your body will be grateful. Around £1k

https://kingkoil.co.uk/beds-and-mattresses/pocket/ (Pocket Sensation Pillowtop  *Chef's kiss*)

Then if you want to go a little more budget but without sacrificing quality too much, a Cashmere 3000 might be a good option. You won't get the 10yr as standard and there are no guarantees as a lot of mattresses that are in the cheaper end do end up sagging and quite a bit. However, the Cashmere 3000 seemed to be a favourite (not this exact one but it came from the same supplier, our had different labels) seller for those wanting something that wasn't clearly "budget" but didn't make them cry art point of sale either.

https://www.happybeds.co.uk/happy-beds-cashmere-3000-pocket-sprung-memory-foam-mattress-4ft6-double-135-x-190-cm?gclid=Cj0KCQiAvbiBBhD-ARIsAGM48bxbt4kt1pHYUxABZQsRrjD2VfiPkNXsEP9hNFktw7AR2AFxl8_JfWsaAoPcEALw_wcB Currently about half price at  £289 for a 4'6" (Double).

Via Happy Beds you get a 5yr warranty, so I'd snap their hands off if looking for something cheaper Chubbs.

Btw, I worked the Winters in a family run furniture and beds business. We tried out any new stock that came (with the covers still on), as well as probably delivered 1000s of mattresses (sometimes with great struggle) between 2001 to 2017 on and off (worked elsewhere, did other things, no do other things). I have a good idea of what is shit, what is worth your money and what might seem a bargain isn't worth wasting your money on.  If it was me, personally I'd save a bit more for a Millbrook but the Cashmere 3K above seems to fit your budgie better and you won't be disappointed.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, February 18, 2021, 17:42:28 »

Is there anything bamboo doesn't know about? Cheesy
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, February 18, 2021, 17:50:24 »

Quote from: Samdy Gray
Is there anything bamboo doesn't know about? Cheesy

now you've done it. war and peace incoming...
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: