Payne - 20 (30.8%)
Hope - 3 (4.6%)
Pitman - 35 (53.8%)
T Smith - 0 (0%)
Hunt - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 61

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC vs Wigan A MoM  (Read 3736 times)
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, February 3, 2021, 09:42:17 »

Tempted by Pitman but I went for Travers as we wouldnt have been in the game without a few vital saves by him, what a difference a good keeper makes, their keeper was a clown.

Did he make any saves? I don't remember them having a shot on target. In fact I think they only had about 2 shots all game!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, February 3, 2021, 10:04:39 »

ditto Trails.

I assumed I was just going senile
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, February 3, 2021, 10:07:31 »

Pitman easy for me, gave their CB’s nightmares, a proper target man’s performance and the Pitman of old turned up.

Shout out again to Hope who I always think is a little underrated

Good to hear about Hope. I'm inclined to agree, he seems to be one of those players that goes about their business in a good way. Holds the ball up well, seems to have good footballing intelligence etc.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, February 3, 2021, 10:12:13 »

Did he make any saves? I don't remember them having a shot on target. In fact I think they only had about 2 shots all game!
In the 1st half the got to several crosses and 2 attempted shots that he easily saved confidently that I truly think Kovar would have messed up going by his track record setting up their strikers for an easy chance.

I just feel so much more comfortable with him in goal, much like Benda, when the defence see him catching crosses and commanding his area it gives the other defenders confidence around him.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, February 3, 2021, 10:19:05 »

In the 1st half the got to several crosses and 2 attempted shots that he easily saved confidently that I truly think Kovar would have messed up going by his track record setting up their strikers for an easy chance.

I just feel so much more comfortable with him in goal, much like Benda, when the defence see him catching crosses and commanding his area it gives the other defenders confidence around him.

I've only seen Travers once but he does seem to exude an air of knowing how to do the basics more than competently as well as being a good shot stopper and having good reflexes. Kovar just never did.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, February 3, 2021, 11:32:31 »

For a game lots of people were going to boycott, this is the highest vote-count in the last five.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, February 3, 2021, 11:40:06 »

Not disputing that Travers had a good game - he is very good and a huge upgrade on Kovar, I just wouldn't make him MOTM on the basis he made saves when he didn't make any!
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, February 3, 2021, 11:43:15 »

It appears that the consensus is that Travers doesn't deserve the accolade on this occasion.

I hope that Pitman puts in a similar performance at the weekend.

Nothing to see here
Flashheart

« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, February 3, 2021, 11:50:25 »

I think there's a few who are deserving, but only one player can win it.
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, February 3, 2021, 11:59:38 »

To my knowledge that was the first time Pitman started with a proper strike partner. I am convinced that playing Pitman and Smith as a two is what we need to build the team around for the rest of the season.
Mplanney

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, February 3, 2021, 12:52:40 »

Was that the first time Tyler smith and Pitman had been on the pitch at the same time?
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, February 3, 2021, 13:18:41 »

To my knowledge that was the first time Pitman started with a proper strike partner. I am convinced that playing Pitman and Smith as a two is what we need to build the team around for the rest of the season.

Pitman has started 8 games this season and we have won 4 of them. In the other 18 games he didnt start we won 2 of them.
There is no doubt to me that we need to find that fit for him and surround him with runners and feed him with crosses. Everytime we have started 1 up front the striker has been so isolated
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, February 3, 2021, 13:31:08 »

Pitman gives a bit more physical presence up front doesn't he.

We know he's not been brilliant. But we don't have anyone else who can provide that.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, February 3, 2021, 13:36:50 »

I think there's a few who are deserving, but only one player can win it.

Are you thinking we need a single transferable vote system of polling, rather than first past the post?

Perhaps Barry can design it into the software. Or ask Dominion Voting Systems to do so.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, February 3, 2021, 13:38:18 »

In heaping praise on anyone for this game, I don't think we should underestimate how uncharacteristically crap Wigan were. Just saying.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: