Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 [37] 38   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Plymouth pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 31906 times)
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #540 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2021, 16:02:01 »

The Arsenal team was drilled - old skool maybe, using rope to keep them in line, but then it became an ingrained behaviour.  Over time, you know where to be, you trust the others to be where they need to be.  Our lot are playing while trying to remember where they should be, they probably are not sure of the person next to them either.

Give this lot a length of rope they'd finish up strangling each other.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #541 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2021, 16:05:53 »

Issue is does Power actually care at the moment to do anything about it ? adding yet another expense on to the balance sheet of paying Sheridan until the end of the season for sacking him, and then paying a new manager as well.

The starting 11 last night are better than those we had on day 1 of this season, on paper they should be good enough to pick up enough points to survive, but on recent evidence we could go down with a record goals against tally.

Sheridan needs to go and I think Wright needs to follow him to have a clean sweep.

Not sure who we could bring in as it is now clearly a rescue mission and a race for points, perhaps someone like Alan Mac or Lee Peacock who have experience of coaching with the youth setup and for them to bring in an experienced assistant to help them until the end of the season, or for Jewell to step out of his comfort zone.

If we went down nobody would blame them as we are already heading that way, but if they can drill these players and bring about an improvement on the pitch and pick up enough points to stay up they would improve themselves and their reputation in the game, and we can review everything at the end of the season.

I'm not sure fans have been this united in wanting the manager out for a long time, even under Williams, Brown & Flitcroft there was still fans who thought they deserved more time, but with Sheridan I am no longer reading comments about him needing more time or give him time with his players etc, there seems to be a united wanting of him gone now.

I do feel for the Smith's we have had on loan, they look decent but the current manager is incompetent of playing them to their strengths.

BoA Vagabond

Tufty club

Ignore
« Reply #542 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2021, 16:10:41 »

I have read most of the comments on here regarding last night's painful, shit show non-event football match. It was woeful and difficult to watch. Sheridan should be gone. If he is still here tomorrow then I fear that nothing will change and the season is over. I will assume that the taking for granted of our loyalty and cash will continue as normal.

Parasitic freeloading season ticket holder scum
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #543 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2021, 16:11:31 »

Paul Caddis ?

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #544 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2021, 16:21:04 »

Quote from: swindonmaniac
Paul Caddis ?

what about him?
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #545 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2021, 16:22:16 »

Going aint he
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #546 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2021, 16:27:32 »

yeah, back to sweaty land I reckon
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #547 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2021, 18:18:16 »

Issue is does Power actually care at the moment to do anything about it ? adding yet another expense on to the balance sheet of paying Sheridan until the end of the season for sacking him, and then paying a new manager as well.

The starting 11 last night are better than those we had on day 1 of this season, on paper they should be good enough to pick up enough points to survive, but on recent evidence we could go down with a record goals against tally.

Sheridan needs to go and I think Wright needs to follow him to have a clean sweep.

Not sure who we could bring in as it is now clearly a rescue mission and a race for points, perhaps someone like Alan Mac or Lee Peacock who have experience of coaching with the youth setup and for them to bring in an experienced assistant to help them until the end of the season, or for Jewell to step out of his comfort zone.

If we went down nobody would blame them as we are already heading that way, but if they can drill these players and bring about an improvement on the pitch and pick up enough points to stay up they would improve themselves and their reputation in the game, and we can review everything at the end of the season.

I'm not sure fans have been this united in wanting the manager out for a long time, even under Williams, Brown & Flitcroft there was still fans who thought they deserved more time, but with Sheridan I am no longer reading comments about him needing more time or give him time with his players etc, there seems to be a united wanting of him gone now.

I do feel for the Smith's we have had on loan, they look decent but the current manager is incompetent of playing them to their strengths.

But he knows how to spot a Centre Half and bring him on when needs must.😭
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #548 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2021, 18:20:28 »

One thing I will say about Sheridan....

He is galvanizing the fans and players, into hating him.

It is damn rare to have a manager so universally disliked by players and fans alike.

As always spot on.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #549 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2021, 18:41:06 »

what about him?
reply to Power to the Peoples comment, just not posted fast enough !.

singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #550 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2021, 19:14:27 »

Whilst no fans are in attendance not sure how we can show our obvious disapproval. A hull thrashing on Saturday might be enough for power but you never want to wish a defeat especially as we need the points so badly.

The only realistic option is the power of social media. Doesn’t take a lot get things trending but could pick a relatively quiet day like Sunday for a #dinosaurout

The most painful thing about watching this at the moment is the knowledge that there is a good team hiding in this shit. A new gaffa could turn this toxic tide
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #551 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2021, 19:38:57 »

Whilst no fans are in attendance not sure how we can show our obvious disapproval. A hull thrashing on Saturday might be enough for power but you never want to wish a defeat especially as we need the points so badly.

The only realistic option is the power of social media. Doesn’t take a lot get things trending but could pick a relatively quiet day like Sunday for a #dinosaurout

The most painful thing about watching this at the moment is the knowledge that there is a good team hiding in this shit. A new gaffa could turn this toxic tide

Good post and couldn't agree more but the problem we have is good managers cost money and we're entering into the unknown with Powers court case looming so can't see him caring too much about changing things if deep down he knows he may be off soon

So, give no fucks
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #552 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2021, 19:48:44 »

Good post and couldn't agree more but the problem we have is good managers cost money and we're entering into the unknown with Powers court case looming so can't see him caring too much about changing things if deep down he knows he may be off soon

power made too much effort last season and has made too many signings in January to show that he doesn’t care about relegation. If he goes then a league 1 club is still worth more than a league 2 club.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #553 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2021, 19:50:29 »

power made too much effort last season and has made too many signings in January to show that he doesn’t care about relegation. If he goes then a league 1 club is still worth more than a league 2 club.

If that’s the case, then retaining Sheridan shows that he knows less about football than he suggests he knows.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #554 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2021, 20:36:20 »

Just something that came to mind - Sheridan in the post-match presser said that we didn't train on Monday due to the weather.

So... did we actually do any preparation for the game yesterday? Even if you can't use the pitch for "training", they could have used conference rooms to discuss tactics. Certainly didn't look like any prep was done for yesterdays game
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 [37] 38   Go Up
Print
Jump to: