Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 34   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Charlton Athletic v Swindon Town match day thread  (Read 26401 times)
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #375 on: Saturday, January 23, 2021, 16:55:29 »

On any other day we’d have lost this so I’ll take the point but we’ve thrown points away yet again.
bathford

Ignore
« Reply #376 on: Saturday, January 23, 2021, 16:55:50 »

We were 18th at one point..
Cookie

Ignore
« Reply #377 on: Saturday, January 23, 2021, 16:56:01 »

Entertaining match, scored two lucky goals and could've conceded 4 or 5 without complaint so well happy with a draw. Without a couple of decent players up front we're fooked.
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #378 on: Saturday, January 23, 2021, 16:56:06 »

On the balance of play, we were lucky to get a point. I'd have taken a point before the game.they hit the bar three times, should have scored a few others.

However, we got ourself into a two goal lead and we need to make the most of those situations.

Could easily have conceded 6 today.
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #379 on: Saturday, January 23, 2021, 16:56:46 »

We really need to be 3 or 4 up before we risk trying to defend a lead.
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #380 on: Saturday, January 23, 2021, 16:56:50 »

Sheridan out.

Set up team so negative and completely wrong in that second half.

This man is gonna take us down.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #381 on: Saturday, January 23, 2021, 16:56:57 »

I'll take a lucky point away at Charlton

still feels like a loss though
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #382 on: Saturday, January 23, 2021, 16:57:19 »

'fraid Charlton could have won that a few times over and we let a two goal lead slip so not too chuffed defensively.

Charlton were strong if wasteful going forward so quite happy with the point.

Ref poor.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #383 on: Saturday, January 23, 2021, 16:58:06 »

Phew. Typical Swindon, just can’t have two good consecutive halves. Charlton can deem themselves unlucky. It’s easy to say we needed to stick to the good passing game we played in the first half, but we did what nervous teams do, and gave away the initiative. A decent point in the end.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #384 on: Saturday, January 23, 2021, 16:59:49 »

We won at Ipswich, we are able to win at Charlton.

I'd be surprised if we do though. Optimistic 2-2 draw.

Gotta take it I guess.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #385 on: Saturday, January 23, 2021, 17:00:14 »

Sheridan out.

Set up team so negative and completely wrong in that second half.

This man is gonna take us down.

You manage to be consistently wrong.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #386 on: Saturday, January 23, 2021, 17:00:20 »

Good point, terrible to throw away a win, but would have been criminal to have won that game I think.

Overall, we were asking for it.  There is a complete and utter lack of shape and intent from this team.  We seem to be a good bunch of individuals who have been sent out in some basic formation and told to just figure it out.  You get some hints that we can be good, but it never really looks like we have any pattern of play.  You can't win games by trying to just have a better XI than the opposition, especially when they are not better man for man most of the time.  We have enough talent to compete, they just seem to be sent out and asked to do it themselves.

The new players combined with what we have look good enough, shame we don't have anyone managing the damned team right now.  That may be harsh, but I see nothing to suggest we will improve on that side of the game.  Relying entirely on the talent being found and the players turning it on.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #387 on: Saturday, January 23, 2021, 17:00:39 »

Since 1st Dec.

P9 W1 D2 L6 F12 A21

5pts from 27

-9 GD

Crap
Formerly Drummer Boy

Ignore
« Reply #388 on: Saturday, January 23, 2021, 17:00:58 »

I would have taken a draw against Charlton before the game but to go 2-0 up and end up drawing at 2-2 is a bit of a kick in the teeth.

2nd half, didn't feel like the backline had any protection. Didn't have the steely edge to take control of it and make the counter-attacks work, just a little ropey.

Freeman was spent by half time, at fault for the 1st goal IMO. Switching off for a split second and that was it which is concerning.

Alas, 4 points from the last 3. Keep building that confidence, getting used to playing together and we'll be alright. COYR

I used to be that kid with the drum in the Nationwide and Town End - Be nice to me or I'll tell my Mum Smiley
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #389 on: Saturday, January 23, 2021, 17:01:20 »

I’m feeling far more optimistic about survival than I was at the end of 2020.

We’ve seen some decent recruitment at the back and if we can get a striker then I’d consider this a successful transfer window.

A win at Ipswich, narrow defeat to a promotion challenger and a point at Charlton - I’m struggling to understand some of the negativity to be honest!
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 34   Go Up
Print
Jump to: