Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Gillingham v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 23132 times)
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #300 on: Saturday, December 5, 2020, 15:25:02 »

Kovar - 6/10 Little to do. Came for crosses. Better than earlier in the year. Want to see the goals again to see if he could have done more (I honestly dont know)
Odimayo 8 MotM- Top performer of the day. Hope we can keep hold on him in January.
Donohue 7 - We lost impetus on the left when he went off
Curran 5 - Did well most of the time. But at fault for both goals. The second was part of chasing the game.
Grounds 6.5 - Was superb in the first half at both ends of the pitch. I'd give him an 8 for that half. He isn't a left winger. I'd give him 5 for second half.
Baudry 7 - Thought he played well. No glaring mistakes. Looked solid when they pressed.
Grant - 8 Looked immense pushing forward. But didn't have a midfield to play against.
M Smith 7 - Same as every week. Looks a class above in 2/3s of the pitch. That's his game.
Payne 6.5 - Looks to be tracking back more. Played too deep in 2nd half thus not having an attacking threat
T Smith 5 - Should have scored a couple in the first half. Anonymous in the second.
DJ 7.5 - Caused lots of problems. Looked a world beater in the first half with some silky skills in midfield. But, gets crowded out doing the same things in the box.

Subs:
Conroy 6: Looked calm and assured.
Parsons: Should have come on a little earlier to give him experience
« Last Edit: Saturday, December 5, 2020, 15:26:44 by Nomoreheroes » Logged

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #301 on: Saturday, December 5, 2020, 15:25:36 »

Irrelavent of the first header, it's Sunday league defending to be round on the cover when your colleague is competing in the air. TC is square and not goalside. It's unforgivable.  
Where do you think Grounds should of been?
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #302 on: Saturday, December 5, 2020, 15:30:14 »

Here we go again  Smiley
Early kick off apparently,  1pm.

Hopefully we will batter them, but who knows. Our away form is pretty poor.

2-0 defeat.

All fairly predictable, unfortunately.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #303 on: Saturday, December 5, 2020, 15:32:43 »

Conroy:
- Amazing to be back after 14 months
- Disappointed to lose
- Emotional, especially having gone through it twice
- Have worked really hard to get back
- Still need to get fitness back
- Ankle operation set him back.
- Will take time to get to where he wants to be
- With performances like that we need to be winning games
- They have had 2 shots from 2 mistakes
- Lots of positives. Need to iron out the mistakes
- Its been hard to have proper preseason and with injuries we havent had continuity
- Less injuries will help
- A lot of teams are going through long injury lists
- Lyden coming back and hopefully others too.
- Players tired from Saturday and Tuesday games
- Have been brought up to play from the back. Disappointed with a couple of wayward passes
- Need to get rid of the rustiness
- Disappointing to come away with nothing
- Doesnt like to play with no fans
- Hopefully we can get some normality back soon
- Not being able to celebrate L2 trophy with the fans
- Sheridan has had a good impact.
- Everyone is excited in training and working hard

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
NotHarryAgombar

Ignore
« Reply #304 on: Saturday, December 5, 2020, 15:37:48 »

Another disappointing result.
We played well and controlled the game for long periods. 3 big chances - T Smith From rebound off the bar,  Grant early on, and Baudry’s free header early in the second half, none of which really tested their keeper, who didn’t make a proper save all afternoon.
DJ was clearly pushed in the box as he went for a cross at 0-0.
Two mistakes at the other end leave two one on ones, both finished well and we end up beaten again.
Two more injuries - they seem never ending.
Positives - Odimayo played well, also DJ. Conroy looked composed, it’s good to see him back, and I’m glad he has a week to prepare now rather than having to play twice in a week after an hour today. Good to have a cameo from Lyden  too.
We need to translate the possession into proper target goal attempts which test their keeper, and cut out the mistakes at the other end (how many times have we said that already this season?)
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #305 on: Saturday, December 5, 2020, 16:42:41 »

Positives: DJ. Conroy and Lyden getting some minutes
Negatives: Standard shambles at CB. No attacking options on the bench to change it after an hour.

I’ve seen us play a lot lot worse but it was a classic rope-a-dope performance from Gills

A lot of tough-on-paper fixtures coming up, but at least there’s no Tuesday game this week
« Last Edit: Saturday, December 5, 2020, 16:44:29 by Boeta » Logged
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #306 on: Saturday, December 5, 2020, 17:34:36 »

Sheridan does seem measured in his post-match comments.  Level headed.  That gives me hope.  He will need all that for our battle at the bottom.
REDBUCK

« Reply #307 on: Saturday, December 5, 2020, 17:40:28 »

You like to argue with almost every comment of mine so I am doing what you do.

Make you feel like a cunt doesn't it.
Oh dear. Whose arguing, i just pointed out that we've got issues at both ends just happened to quote your post, Its allowed.

That's one cunt and one twat today, very welcoming.

REDBUCK

« Reply #308 on: Saturday, December 5, 2020, 17:45:26 »

Sheridan does seem measured in his post-match comments.  Level headed.  That gives me hope.  He will need all that for our battle at the bottom.

Agree, I'm clinging to the hope he quickly sees the issues and juggles the pack whilst we wait for the injured to return.

Bit disappointed with Currans selection today.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #309 on: Saturday, December 5, 2020, 18:00:29 »

The difference between today's goals against and the others is that until now, our mistakes were made by footballers. Starting with Curran means a -2 is virtually a given.
Indeed. Curran's basically a competition winner. Haines must be wondering what the fuck he has to do to get a game. I know he's a youngster and all that but at least he's actually a footballer.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #310 on: Saturday, December 5, 2020, 18:02:07 »

Bit disappointed with Currans selection today.

To be fair with Broadbent injured there aren’t a lot of options. Obviously Odimayo CB and Caddis RB was one, but the fact Caddis didn’t come on suggests he really requires a break.

Conroy looked pretty good today, need him and Fryers back and we can begin to hope to look up the table.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #311 on: Saturday, December 5, 2020, 18:06:13 »

To be fair with Broadbent injured there aren’t a lot of options. Obviously Odimayo CB and Caddis RB was one, but the fact Caddis didn’t come on suggests he really requires a break.

Conroy looked pretty good today, need him and Fryers back and we can begin to hope to look up the table.

To be fair Bob you were pretty close with the score you predicted

So, give no fucks
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #312 on: Saturday, December 5, 2020, 18:12:02 »

Haines played CB at youth level and on loan at Chippenham. And is an actual footballer.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #313 on: Saturday, December 5, 2020, 18:45:00 »

Haines played CB at youth level and on loan at Chippenham. And is an actual footballer.
He has also played DMC and target man for Chippenham too, not sure if Sheridan has been made aware of this by the coaching staff but he is a very versatile footballer indeed from all the reports I have heard.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #314 on: Saturday, December 5, 2020, 18:53:02 »

Very good point. At this stage I’d be tempted to give the kid a go, can’t do any worse than Curran surely?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: