Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What a difference 12 months make..  (Read 3124 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, November 25, 2020, 11:06:28 »

the thing with budget is that what was, may not be what is.

there have been persistent but admittedly unsubstantiated rumours that we couldn't pay the wage bill last month. IF that's true, and the EFL stepped in, we may be under um-bongo anyway.

even if it's false, the fans situation and no rescue package must = all hands to the financial pumps. don't forget playing kovar could=less to pay man u - if Wellens is to be believed regarding the Benda deal...

I guess we may be below the wage cap, but until we get investment....
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, November 25, 2020, 11:07:17 »

Whilst I think that the keepers have been rather exposed by the defence at times, and that putting fairly rookies keepers in such a position is/was a failure of management which must lie at Wellens door (I still wonder whether the whole Baxter/Kovar thing was him doing a favour for someone at Utd), I don't disagree it needs sorting.

In terms of getting in an OOC keeper, I don't recall, did Doughty bugger off pre or post window shutting as if it was afterwards that would suggest there must be some wriggle room in budgets to pay someone at least until January?
Doughty quit on 12th September, so before the deadline, freeing what was obviously a huge chunk of the budget.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, November 25, 2020, 11:08:01 »

the thing with budget is that what was, may not be what is.

there have been persistent but admittedly unsubstantiated rumours that we couldn't pay the wage bill last month. IF that's true, and the EFL stepped in, we may be under um-bongo anyway.

even if it's false, the fans situation and no rescue package must = all hands to the financial pumps.

I guess we may be below the wage cap, but until we get investment....
I have it on good authority the players WERE paid last month.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, November 25, 2020, 11:11:12 »

that's good to hear venks.

still can't see how we can be in anything other than extreme cash saving mode. we have no cashflow outside the st money
Peter Venkman

« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, November 25, 2020, 11:15:11 »

that's good to hear venks.

still can't see how we can be in anything other than extreme cash saving mode. we have no cashflow outside the st money
Extreme cash saving mode is putting it mildly!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: