Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Matt Smith  (Read 5189 times)
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, November 12, 2020, 11:01:56 »

Matt Smith is light years ahead of boateng and ormonde ottewill. Comfortably our POTY so far

YTD MoM stats bear this out: 5 MoMs vs no more than 1 for any other player, and 23% of all votes cast to date.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, November 12, 2020, 13:24:13 »

He's the second coming of John Moncur.  He will play plenty of games at the top level. FACT!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #17 on: Thursday, November 12, 2020, 13:56:32 »

He's the second coming of John Moncur.  He will play plenty of games at the top level. FACT!
He defends better than Moncur ever did but his range of passing is similar to his, a more all round midfielder.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, November 12, 2020, 18:48:55 »

Was he the same one that described BOO as the next Ashley Cole? Any academy coach knows there are no guarantees in youth football

Not that I'm aware PaulD. I got talking to the fella via a photography forum as he wanted to know if he had dust on his lens or on the body (enthralling stuff, I know). I noticed his profile was an image of Arsenal winning the FA Cup and casually asked "What do you know abut Matt Smith?" He mentioned the above and how long Smith had been at Arsenal and that he had worked with him, as he was a Development Coach. I was a bit dubious, and in a DM, he offered to refer me his notes on Smith and his progress at that time. I duly did and was convinced we had obtained a player that will very much be playing in the Premier League.

You're correct though, football is a strange game and things change fast but bar a severe injury, and his progress in this squad to date I see no reason why he won't go on to have personal success in his career.
« Last Edit: Thursday, November 12, 2020, 20:25:39 by bamboonoshop » Logged

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, November 12, 2020, 18:51:17 »

FACT or not. He's a great young player and is developing well in a squad that is in a state of flux. Massive kudos to him; showing maturity too and it can't be the easiest or best environment currently.

'Incessant Nonsense'

RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Thursday, November 12, 2020, 19:11:03 »

It seems it's not just us that have been noticing Matt Smith this season (unfortunately)
https://www.planetfootball.com/trending/forget-mesut-ozil-arsenal-have-their-new-pre-assist-king-on-loan-at-swindon/
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, November 12, 2020, 19:49:25 »

interesting post bamboo.

thankfully the rocket blower worked on getting the dust off my sensor this time.

oh, and about Smith too
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, November 12, 2020, 20:31:12 »

interesting post bamboo.

thankfully the rocket blower worked on getting the dust off my sensor this time.

oh, and about Smith too

Cheesy

Rocket blowers are alright but they can just push the dust around. Dust on the sensor is never great (scratchy scratchy easy easy). If the spots keep appearing it's well worth taking to a shop to get cleaned properly. Especially against the trade of of either buying a new body or constantly having to edit the spots out of your images (I've been there and it's not fun).

As for Smith, yep. Think we all know he is a great talent. I wonder what we're paying him or if it's getting soaked up in the much mooted comment by RW, regarding development fee negation. ie the more he plays, the more gets chipped off the loan fee.

'Incessant Nonsense'

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: