Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The "What ya doing this weekend" thread  (Read 3854 times)
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Saturday, October 3, 2020, 10:19:14 »

Thanks mate.

Never knowingly overstated.
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Saturday, October 3, 2020, 10:19:20 »

Last weekend before Costanza Jr. arrives. We shall be enjoying the silence*

*The sort of silence one can enjoy with a 5-year old.

5y/o and a newborn should at least be a bit better than a 3y/o and a newborn... they're now 7 and 10, and we're definitely not having any more. Ever. At all. Best of luck! Smiley

You'll appreciate the Romesh Ranganathan 'aced parenting' routine all the more soon Cheesy

BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Saturday, October 3, 2020, 11:45:21 »

Flat in Derbyshire?  A few circuits round Pride Park or the Cake shops of Bakewell. 

Wasn't wooshing you, sadly.  Only vaguely heard of Red Dwarf let alone seen it.  So thanks to KT for pointing out the hetero-palindrome.

I've got an unused tenner having missed the TEF sponsorship if you have a Just Giving Page?

Ughh, Pride Park?! That's a dirty word in this household. In fact the terms Derby County, Pride Park, The Rams, etc (my hands are sweating as I type) are barely ever spoken in a positive way  Wink

We are doing a fairly flat section of the HPT (High Peak Trail) which if you're of the Railway persuasion, then you'll know it is part of the old High Peak Railway. Now a walking/cycling/running route managed by the Peak District National Park. From Middleton Top to Parsley Hay is mostly flat with a few twists, minor inclines and tunnel(s). It links(ed)
 with the Cromford Canal.

That's fairly kind of you but if you like you can donate it to the Trussell Trust or Berni may still be accepting payments for sponsorship? A suggestion if you like is to put in to the STFC Women's pot if you like.

Cheers RR

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Saturday, October 3, 2020, 12:23:30 »

5y/o and a newborn should at least be a bit better than a 3y/o and a newborn... they're now 7 and 10, and we're definitely not having any more. Ever. At all. Best of luck! Smiley

You'll appreciate the Romesh Ranganathan 'aced parenting' routine all the more soon Cheesy

Have a 2 year old and a wife nagging for a second.

Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Saturday, October 3, 2020, 12:36:15 »

Have a 2 year old and a wife nagging for a second.

Just say no.

RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Saturday, October 3, 2020, 12:43:15 »

Ughh, Pride Park?! That's a dirty word in this household. In fact the terms Derby County, Pride Park, The Rams, etc (my hands are sweating as I type) are barely ever spoken in a positive way  Wink

We are doing a fairly flat section of the HPT (High Peak Trail) which if you're of the Railway persuasion, then you'll know it is part of the old High Peak Railway. Now a walking/cycling/running route managed by the Peak District National Park. From Middleton Top to Parsley Hay is mostly flat with a few twists, minor inclines and tunnel(s). It links(ed)
 with the Cromford Canal.

That's fairly kind of you but if you like you can donate it to the Trussell Trust or Berni may still be accepting payments for sponsorship? A suggestion if you like is to put in to the STFC Women's pot if you like.

Cheers RR
I'll keep an eye on Berni's sponsorship re STFC Women but have not seen anything.  Have clicked a one-off tenner to the Trussell Trust.  Good luck tomorrow.  Hope the weather allows some views.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Saturday, October 3, 2020, 12:48:26 »

Think it's meant to be a bit better than today but there will be rain and sunny spells. It's a usual Summer's day in the Peak District  Cheesy

Thanks again, I'll see about bumping the Sponsorship thread so you can take a look or drop Berni a PM.

'Incessant Nonsense'

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Saturday, October 3, 2020, 13:20:25 »

Just say no.

I am.
Repeatedly
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, October 6, 2020, 07:22:02 »

Bashed out the 26.2 miles (plus some more) of hiking in the Peak District, for the Virtual London Marathon in just over 7.5hrs (7hrs 35mins). A cracking consistent group hiking pace/time in my group of four that included my sisters and I.

What was incredibly warming, was not only our bowl of stew or my mate meeting me at the finish with a beer but a stranger who had passed us on his bike during our hike. He came over to us as we had a drinks break with 6 miles to go and donated £40 for our efforts. He mentioned that it was a shame we weren't getting the usual appreciation, motivation etc that the environment of the London Marathon experience usually offers.

There are still some good humans about  Pint

'Incessant Nonsense'

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: