Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 200. Yaser Kasim  (Read 7524 times)
Costanza

Ignore
« on: Thursday, September 17, 2020, 06:11:11 »

https://soundcloud.com/lspod/200-yaser-kasim?ref=clipboard
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, September 17, 2020, 08:38:52 »

Walkman

Clap

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, September 17, 2020, 09:08:13 »

Haven't got round to downloading it, is he brilliant for the first 30 mins then loses interest and it peeters out?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #3 on: Thursday, September 17, 2020, 09:11:59 »

Haven't got round to downloading it, is he brilliant for the first 30 mins then loses interest and it peeters out?
Cheesy

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, September 23, 2020, 16:24:12 »

Just finished listening to this, very good and insightful interview.  I loved Yaser as a player, but his forthright views did make him come across like he thinks he knew better than everyone else about everything.  Talked a lot about people being held accountable, but didn’t come across like he held himself accountable.

I got the feeling that he felt that he was bigger and better than the club, which maybe true in some aspects, but not wise if you want to develop your career in the world of football unless you are blessed with Ronaldo esq ability..

Lot’s of blame for the club and others but no responsibility put on himself, which is a shame.

Great work again though Rich, it came across that you enjoyed that one more than most.
« Last Edit: Thursday, September 24, 2020, 08:35:31 by Berniman » Logged

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, September 23, 2020, 17:41:24 »

Cheers Berniman.

I particularly enjoyed talking to Yaser as we went off piste a fair bit. A lot of this episode is very much unplanned.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, September 24, 2020, 09:40:43 »

Just finished listening to this, very good and insightful interview.  I loved Yaser as a player, but his forthright views did make him come across like he thinks he knew better than everyone else about everything.  Talked a lot about people being held accountable, but didn’t come across like he held himself accountable.

I got the feeling that he felt that he was bigger and better than the club, which maybe true in some aspects, but not wise if you want to develop your career in the world of football unless you are blessed with Ronaldo esq ability..

Lot’s of blame for the club and others but no responsibility put on himself, which is a shame.

Great work again though Rich, it came across that you enjoyed that one more than most.
Absolutely agree with all of this. Excellent interview again Rich, your obvious enjoyment of it really shone through and was infectious (I suppose that's kind of going out of fashion as an expression of praise these days!)
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, September 24, 2020, 10:02:38 »

Just finished listening to this, very good and insightful interview.  I loved Yaser as a player, but his forthright views did make him come across like he thinks he knew better than everyone else about everything.  Talked a lot about people being held accountable, but didn’t come across like he held himself accountable.

Agree with all of this too. Was a good listen, and loved him the first couple of seasons, but he clearly has an attitude problem and high opinion of himself which, I imagine, would come across in the dressing room.

Oh, and the muscle thing? Just admit you’d put a few pounds on 😂
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, September 24, 2020, 16:46:25 »

Cheesy I did chuckle about the muscle thing too..

He did seem to know better than everyone else, including Fifa, Uefa and the FA.  Even to the point where we do it wrong with our lower leagues and other leagues do it right by having B teams in their lower leagues - there is a mentality of a player brought through Premier league acadamies.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Richie Wellen-Dowd

« Reply #9 on: Thursday, September 24, 2020, 18:10:34 »

I don't think I ever got to watch Yasser play, and I didn't pay the most attention to what was going on during that period. I'd always thought that reconnecting with his homeland and seeing things there had caused him to become distracted from football(didn't he become involved with charity work out there?). Seems I was wrong.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, September 28, 2020, 16:03:16 »

Loved Yaser as a player and a very interesting podcast. Seems like a fairly unusual personality, not unpleasant or anything but can kinda see how he might have rubbed a few people up the wrong way during his career! Makes for a great pod though, if everyone had nothing but positive things to say it would have got pretty old by now.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, September 28, 2020, 16:13:01 »

I didn't think he came across as badly as I feared (or as some suggested) albeit he seems rather condescending (there were times it sounded like he was under the impression that Rich knew nothing about football, or in fact basic life). 

Cleared up one thing for me, I have put a fair bit of muscle on during lock down!

Seems to have lost his way and with little chance of getting his career back.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, September 28, 2020, 16:17:03 »

Seemed like as a younger player he need a good agent - he just didn't seem to understand 'the system' and a lot of his frustrations stem from that.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: